Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best styling product for curly frizzy hair?
07-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Best styling product for curly frizzy hair?
I looked for a suitable product for my hair, because I did not find the right product in my country. Products located such as the DAX hair wax, Enliven wax, Garnier Fructis, KEUNE and TRESemme and I have searched for the best style products found. People unanimously agreed that the Bed Head Matte Separation Wax product is very good so now I want to know, what is the best styling product for my hair ?

That's my original look:

[Image: rqzjOdJ.jpg]

Some times it looks like that:

[Image: 757yZdX.jpg]

I want my hair to be flat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2015, 09:39 AM
The best products for curly frizzy hair are conditioners and a styling cream!
The main thing with curly hair is that you really need to work on getting it moisturized prior to styling it. If your curly hair isn't moisturized, you're simply wasting your time and money by using hairstyling products as you will not get a great result. Curly hair has a natural tendency to be dry and frizzy, and no amount of hairstyling products like pomades or hair waxes will solve that and may in fact make matters worse as the product buildup from these products prevents the hair from trapping moisture and retaining it.

The best hair products for curly haired men are a regular conditioner, a styling cream and a leave-in conditioner. I will go through these 3 curly hair products below so that you can learn more about them. It's very important that you are using a conditioner a couple of times per week and that you also have a styling cream or a leave-in conditioner at hand so as to style your curls with a glossy and cool texture while taming and killing off the hair frizz.

Regular conditioner for curly hair:

The best thing that you can do is start with a good regular conditioner. A (regular) conditioner is a curly guy's best friend when it comes to hair products for men. A conditioner is a very cool hair product that will turn your dry and frizzy curls into smooth and shapely curls by using the conditioner a coupe of times per week.

To use a conditioner, you apply the product in the shower and coat your curly hair with it, leaving a thin film of the conditioner on your curly hair. You can use as much conditioner as you want though, so just make sure that you're getting the conditioner on your curly hair and you're set. You then leave the conditioner on your hair for 2 minutes and, after the 2 minutes have passed, you rinse out the conditioner with the water from the shower bulb. That's it!

Coating your hair with the conditioner will take you 30 seconds and rinsing it out with water (while in the shower) will take you another 30 seconds, if that. So we're looking at 3 minutes of your time while showering and performed some 2 to 4 times per week. The result is that you get glossy, shapely and full curls that will look even better when you style them with your chosen hairstyling product!

When you've coated your curly hair with the conditioner and are waiting for the 2 minutes to be over, simply continue to cleanse your body as you shower during those 2 minutes. Using a conditioner for men could not be any easier and any more convenient! Smile

For a great men's conditioner, head over to our very useful list of the best men's hair products and get the Argan oil conditioner in the section labeled as the "Best conditioner".

Styling cream for curly hair:

A styling cream is a very useful product for curly men. Your curls already have a decent length to benefit from a styling cream, so getting one will further enhance the better aesthetics achieved with the conditioner above.

Styling creams are the only hairstyling products that provide any meaningful anti-frizz effect and moisturizing effect, hence its use for curly-haired men. Have a look at the same list of the best men's hair products that I linked to above and browse down a little within the first post so as to find our recommended styling cream (it's under the section for the "Best hair cream or styling cream"). That particular styling cream is excellent for curly hair and will oomph the overall aesthetics of your curls.

If the styling cream recommended above is a bit out of your budget (i.e. too expensive), then you can always get the recommended styling cream in this linked list of hair products for Leonardo DiCaprio's hairstyles; it's the styling cream listed under the "curtains hairstyle".

Any of the two styling creams recommended above will give your body a natural gloss and fullness together with some extra natural shine. You will love the textured effect and glossy effect of any of these two styling creams on your curly mane!

Leave-in conditioner for curly hair:

A leave-in conditioner is in itself a great styling product for curly male hair. The purpose of a leave-in conditioner is to provide an extra conditioning effect so as to make your hair glossier and make the curls fuller. Likewise, a leave-in conditioner will help to prevent your curls from tangling, which is always a very-welcomed benefit!

A leave-in conditioner provides the same benefits of a regular conditioner (as explained above), only that a leave-in conditioner is not rinsed out and, instead, a leave-in conditioner is left on your hair. To use a leave-in conditioner, you simply coat your fingers with the leave-in conditioner and start to style your damp hair. Done!

Contrary to styling creams, leave-in conditioners do not provide any holding strength, so leave-in conditioners are suited the best for loose and casual curly hairstyles. In your case, your curls are still short, so you cannot style them in complex hairstyles just yet. Thus, a leave-in conditioner will be a very useful hairstyling product for you (as so will a styling cream).

A leave-in conditioner will make your hair very smooth and fuller. Unlike styling cream, most leave-in conditioners do not provide extra shine to your hair; leave-in conditioners just make your hair look natural (i.e. as if you didn't use a hairstyling product at all) and leave-in conditioners will give you more-defined and better-shaped curls as well as smoother curls.

You can absolutely use a leave-in conditioner with a regular conditioner. The way to go about this is to use the regular conditioner first while showering. After your rinse out the regular conditioner and step out of the shower, you dry your hair with a towel or with your fingers and leave your hair damp. Then, you grab the leave-in conditioner and start styling your curly hair. This combination of using a regular conditioner first and then a leave-in conditioner will give your curly hair the best anti-frizz results and will make your curls feel and look super smooth as well as more defined, glossy and way-more aesthetic.

See this linked list of great leave-in conditioners for men as you will find in the list several great leave-in conditioners that will fit any budget, from the more-expensive leave-in conditioners to the cheaper leave-in conditioners. However, regardless of their price, all the recommended leave-in conditioners in the linked list are of high quality and suited for all types of curly men's hair! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 69 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
  Which product makes thick hair not clump together? Zatem 0 85 11-11-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: Zatem
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,774 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Styling cream DaHansan 0 252 08-14-2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: DaHansan