Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best slicked hairstyle products for fine hair and pompadour?
08-05-2015, 10:11 AM
Best slicked hairstyle products for fine hair and pompadour?
Hello all new member first time poster. First a little about my hair and what I have been using so I can achieve a better recommendation. I have pretty fine blonde hair with a long slicked back haircut with the middle front hair measuring at around 6 inches or so.

I have currently been using heavy hold oil based pomades such as Lockhart's Goon Grease and applying a lot of it and combing my hair back very tightly to my scalp. Here is the issue, I want to try and achieve some extra volume and I am unsure whether it would be best to achieve it naturally or to try and use a lot of pomade and comb it up a bit.

I never used anything but heavy hold products so I am thinking a medium pomade might allow more natural volume but I am also thinking a small amount of a very heavy pomade will give me hold without weighing my hair down. I have also been thinking about using Lockhart's matte clay even though I kind of like the greasy look. I am about to many ideas so whatever you would think would work best for adding more volume to fine hair, I have even thought about getting my hair cut shorter on the top and kind of layered so to speak to achieve more volume. Sorry for the rant but I WANT A LOW POMP. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 0 128 10-08-2016 12:47 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 121 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  If you could solve one problem with male hair products what would it be and why? TotalHairNoob 0 161 08-08-2016 07:40 AM
Last Post: TotalHairNoob
  What is the best product for short/faded hairstyle? willhtun 1 295 07-21-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: willhtun