Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best products for thicker beard growth and fuller facial hair 5 2
Best products for thicker beard growth and fuller facial hair
12-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Lightbulb Best products for thicker beard growth and fuller facial hair
What would be some of the best products for a thicker beard and more facial hair growth? I just read thru the impressive minoxidil guide posted on this forum and the minoxidil really is looking like a solid candidate for better beard growth. What other products can be used for beard growth or thicker facial hair?
I'm talking of thicker beards mainly since some people have asked in the past about products for thicker eyebrow growth. Not interested in eyebrows, just beard or facial hair.
Thanks!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2018, 12:08 PM
RE: Best products for thicker beard growth and fuller facial hair
I'm on minoxidil for beard growth and have noticed some pretty good results in about six months so far. Some of the other stuff that can help is what's mentioned in the minoxidil guide of this forum - I also read it and joined 'cause of that since the guide is excellent and I wanted to mingle with other fellow minoxidil beard dudes.

I'm using vitamin C - 500 mgs day. Upped my protein intake with one scoop of whey isolate protein - has about 25 grams of protein. Also fish oil, very important. I feel that the fish oil has helped the most along with the vitamin C to potentiate the minoxidil for beard growth.

I also eat as natural as possible with plenty of protein rich food. I'm using zinc too and I'm thinking of using tretinoin cream which surprised me to see in the minoxidil guide of this forum as there's some science behind it and not a lot of people understand it.

Haven't tried demo rolling but not interested in that. Daily shaving + tretinoin cream is enough to stimulate collagen. Curcumin and maybe topical caffeine is also on my list of stuff to try. Haven't tried those beard oils with exotic ingredients, most are snake oil and best avoided. A solid minoxidil regime with some additional vitamins and minerals + fish oil will really get you on your way.

The minoxidil alone is the biggie here and what gets the follicles growing thicker beard hair. The rest is mostly trivial.
12-07-2018, 01:00 PM
RE: Best products for thicker beard growth and fuller facial hair
Here's a list of OTC supplements that can help:
  • Vitamin C
  • Vitamin E
  • Fish oil or cod liver oil
  • Vitamin A (do not use if using cod liver oil)
  • Zinc
  • Methylsulfonylmethane
  • Biotin
  • L-Carnitine (L-)Tartrate
  • Capsaicin
  • Curcumin
See the forum's minoxidil FAQ guide for more on supplements for beard growth and other augmenting options that can work.

Raising testosterone levels naturally through strength training can also over time lead to the thickening of the beard, but the strength training needs to be consistent and for at least a year.

Strength training with exercises like deadlifts, power cleans, squats and bench press/overhead press will spike testosterone levels temporarily after training. But over time, the effect of the spikes accumulate. Depending on your body, you may turn more or less of the raised testosterone through strength training into dihydrotestosterone aka DHT, and DHT is crucial to beard growth. Also, your beard's response (hair follicles) to DHT is genetically influenced, so even high DHT levels do not necessarily mean a thicker beard. But raising testosterone levels naturally 'could' indirectly thicken your beard if you're a good responder to DHT. The thickening effect will be minor but hey, it's worth a try as strength training has many other manly benefits.

Topical caffeine was mentioned by the previous poster and this is worth a look too. From my research topical caffeine acts in a somewhat similar fashion to minoxidil. There are caffeine shampoos that have shown some promise against the battle of hair loss. Just take into account that many caffeine shampoos contain other ingredients that act against DHT since these caffeine shampoos are directed at men with hair loss.

If you're interested in trying a caffeine shampoo for beard growth that doesn't have any ingredients counteractive to beard growth, then try this one here.

Tretinoin is also very interested for collagen/cell regeneration and even if it didn't work, tretinoin is the only compound to have shown to fade wrinkles (none of the stuff advertised by the big brands with weird names have proven so. One tretinoin.) But tretinoin may be prescription only depending on where you live.

If you want to max out your beard gains on minoxidil, then the supplements listed above plus long term strength training are your best options. Perhaps add the topical caffeine shampoo in the link as it's cheap enough to merit a try. Follow the directions of the caffeine shampoo even though they're directions of use for scalp hair.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Video Facial Hair and Beard Color Ideas - Merman Gallery Guide Panther 5 249 12-07-2018 11:11 AM
Last Post: Panther
Star Minoxidil Guide for Thicker Beard, Facial Hair and Fuller Eyebrows TheMensHairForum 9 148 12-05-2018 02:59 PM
Last Post: Ebony
Exclamation Do not use Trioxidil or Foligain for beard growth as with minoxidil! Beard on Minoxidil 1 36 12-05-2018 02:49 PM
Last Post: Ebony
  Hard time growing facial hair and moustache - Pathetic beard SadBeardGuy 6 2,431 12-05-2018 12:41 PM
Last Post: Beard on Minoxidil