Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best pomade hairstyles for taper haircut with side part hair
10-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Best pomade hairstyles for taper haircut with side part hair
Hi!

I started with this "haircut-trend" thing back in 2013 and since the late 2013 I've been testing lots of men's hair products. For more than a year I've tried different hair gels and since this year, I've been using an amazing hairstyling wax for mens hair. However, I wanted to become more knowledgeable with the most-used hair products so I'd finally settle down with one which would fit me the best. So around May-June, I decided to buy a pomade. I finally did it this September and I started looking for pomade haircuts.

I found that +90% haircuts are for long hair styled back, like an undercut, and that's not what I want. I have medium wavy hair and as I was using my wax, I got used to wearing the haircut which you can see in my pictures below - 6mm on the sides with my hair on the top combed to side and slightly up to make a "wave" effect. The point of it is to look great, and it's still a decent hairstyle.

So, my question is: with using the pomade I'm using, will I be still able to do such a haircut?
Also, if you know of any great and decent-looking haircuts for medium hair, don't hesitate to tell me and share it! And one more question: does pomade create a "wet hair" effect like hair gel does (to be specific, I have the Suavecito Firme Hold pomade)?

Thank you very much for your answers!

You may see the pictures below:

[Image: iW9W3GB.jpg]

[Image: ub0Vh1M.jpg]

[Image: keHuGIP.jpg]

[Image: ZLF7aPL.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2015, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2015 07:06 AM by Thomas Martin.)
RE: Best pomade hairstyles for taper haircut with side part hair
Suavecito, even if called pomade, is basically a gel. A fantastic one, but a gel nonetheless. So you may sport any haircut you previously had with using gel. If you are looking for a pomade then look for non-wash out petrolatum based products (Murrays Superiour, Dax Red, etc). A pomade can be used with any haircut you want. Best however is not wearing hair too long. It will tend to look greasy and tacky if worn too long. Best is a classic cut with sides and neck short and longer on top.
10-17-2015, 08:17 PM
Re: Best pomade hairstyles for taper haircut with side part hair
I agree with the above: longer hair and an anhydrous pomade makes long hair too greasy.

A good hair gel will still do that, but having shorter hair is better when using a men's pomade.

(10-17-2015 07:05 AM)Thomas Martin Wrote:  Suavecito, even if called pomade, is basically a gel. A fantastic one, but a gel nonetheless. So you may sport any haircut you previously had with using gel. If you are looking for a pomade then look for non-wash out petrolatum based products (Murrays Superiour, Dax Red, etc). A pomade can be used with any haircut you want. Best however is not wearing hair too long. It will tend to look greasy and tacky if worn too long. Best is a classic cut with sides and neck short and longer on top.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good hair products for men with round face shapes and short hairstyles Magikarp_Approves 0 439 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 1,192 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ponz Grooming hair pomade opinions and experience vicktor.j 0 362 06-13-2016 10:04 AM
Last Post: vicktor.j
  Hanz de Fuko Quiksand or By Vilain Silver Fox for side curtain hair [Titanic] tellyouican 0 753 05-14-2016 12:37 AM
Last Post: tellyouican