Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best natural product for kinky and afro textured hair?
05-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Best natural product for kinky and afro textured hair?
I have a lot of luck with coconut butter and im thinking of using other natural products for my kinks...which ones work for y'all?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2013, 02:07 PM
RE: Best natural product for kinky and afro textured hair?
Hi Toulalan,

Natural hair products rock for curly hair; I make my own at home and mix and blend lots of ingredients but, in terms of the solid foundation of natural hair products for curly hair, you cannot go wrong with the following:
  • Olive oil (extra virgin, don;t get the refined ones)
  • Shea butter
  • Argan oil
  • Coconut butter
  • Gee butter (funky one that if used right can seal in the curly hair like no other)
  • Fish oil (yes, on your hair! I'll have to give out my recipe for it some day here and at Manly Curls)

Coat half of the length of the kinks after drying the hair to a damp level. Shake, and go!

Let me know if you have any other Qs.

Best.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-14-2013, 09:53 PM
RE: Best natural product for kinky and afro textured hair?
Nothing beats coconut butter for me.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 14,053 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  How long to grow medium afro hairstyle for wavy hair? R.mendez099 1 446 07-30-2016 01:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyboiJ21
Bug Help defining curls in Coiled/Kinky Hair PersonaSound 0 298 06-11-2016 09:38 AM
Last Post: PersonaSound
  1/4 black hair,what product?? Tyl3r 0 338 03-18-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: Tyl3r