Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best mens products for thin hair? or thinning hair?
07-12-2014, 06:20 AM
Best mens products for thin hair? or thinning hair?
For those of us guys with thin hair, what are the best products for men with thin hair or thinning hair? like say for hairstyles for thin hair, what to use to get the best result? i have read of thickening shampoos, not sure on them.
Anybody please?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Here's a list of some of the best hair thickening products for thinning or thin hair!
Hey Vladimir, there are certainly quite a few hair products for thinning hair, and by that I am talking about hairstyling products for thinning hair, as well as hair grooming products.

Let's start with shampoos for thinning hair (you can also read our shampoo guide for an idea on men's hair shampoos). Shampoos specific to thin hair or thinning hair are known as volumizing shampoos or hair thickening shampoos. A thickening shampoo will swell up the hair strands and give an overall thicker hair appearance. Great for men with male pattern baldness or who naturally have thin hair and desire to have a thicker mane.

A great thickening shampoo is this one here.

You can also use a thickening conditioner. As you should know by now from reading our forum or reading The Men's Hair Book, men need to use a conditioner, regardless of their hair type or condition. So, if you're going to be using a conditioner in any case, then you can use a thickening conditioner that also swells up the hair strands and also deposits a thickening (invisible) film on the strands, or a conditioner that not only swells the strands and deposits the film but that also enhances the thickening shampoo!

For a great thickening conditioner, you can't go wrong with this one here. In fact, the brand that manufactures that thickening conditioner in the link does also offer both a thickening shampoo and thickening conditioner in a duo pack, which I highly recommend you get it since the shampoo and conditioner in the pack are very big (about 34 ounces each bottle or 1 liter).

You can get the duo pack I've mentioned above from this vendor and the bottles will last you months, so it's a great purchase (it's a bit pricey, but that's because the bottles are huge and they also contain tea tree oil which is an oil that has some great anecdotal evidence for treating hair loss as an adjunct!).

In terms of hairstyling products, the best products for thin hair are heavy molding waxes and hair mousse. A hair dryer is also a "must have" if you really want to take advantage if the wax or hair mousse ability to make your hair gain a lot of volume (the hair dryer will magnify the gained volume by a lot!).

For the wax, then go with this shaping wax. It contains Dragon's blood, which is a plant resin that enhances the thickening of the hair. It goes very well for shaping your thickened mane in all kids of styles, so get that shaping wax in the link for a wax that will serve your hair thickening goal.

Hair mousse is another hairstyling product that thickens hair and gives the overall illusion of a denser mane. I highly recommend that you get this hair mousse as it really does a neat job in enhancing your hair's extra thickness.

Last but not least, a hair dryer is a tool that every male with thin hair or thinning hair should own. A good hair dryer (not the cheap ones) has the ability to make your hair gain a lot of volume and perceived thickness, so much is gained that no other hair product comes close to what a good hair dryer can do! Obviously we are in a male hair forum so we are pro hair dryer, but a good hair dryer can do wonders for men's hair and specially so for thin hair.

For a great hair dryer that will tame any frizz and help you a lot in shaping your hairstyles, then go with this hair dryer. It's a pricey hair dryer, but it is so much worth it as you are paying for quality, durability and the latest hair drying technology that puts this hair dryer on a league of its own Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-15-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: Best mens products for thin hair? or thinning hair?
Maybe this is a silly question, but are these hair thickening products fine to use for the older crowd? Say men in their sixties and older. I take it that a mens hair product works the same for guys of all ages but perhaps age is a factor when considering that most guys in their sixties have very thin hair or are bald?

What do you think admin? Or anyone else? Thanks Smile
03-09-2015, 07:58 AM
RE: Best mens products for thin hair? or thinning hair?
(02-15-2015 01:32 PM)Stevens Wrote:  Maybe this is a silly question, but are these hair thickening products fine to use for the older crowd? Say men in their sixties and older. I take it that a mens hair product works the same for guys of all ages but perhaps age is a factor when considering that most guys in their sixties have very thin hair or are bald?

What do you think admin? Or anyone else? Thanks Smile

Mate hair thickening products for men are for all ages. Well you would logically avoid them on toddlers lol but you can use them on the older folks. Chances are that if he has plenty of hair in his 60s that he had a big mane back in his days, so naturally he would want to get some of that big mane from his younger days.

Even if an older man, talking of 60s and more, is thinning or going bald, you can still use mens hair thickening products. Age really doesn't matter when using these products. Most guys in the 60s are thinning or have gone bald by then so hair-thickening products will be of use to them all. Just like it would be of use to any lad in his 20s or any guy in his 40s and 50s.

If they still are cool with using a hair dryer then that's fine then. Hairdryers help a lot with improving hair volume so they make you look like you have more hair than you really have.

Cheers!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,672 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 83 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 313 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 436 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8