Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best mens hairstyles and haircuts for hair gel?
07-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Question Best mens hairstyles and haircuts for hair gel?
So I asked earlier about the best hairstyles for hair styling wax so I said, why not then also ask about the best mens hairstyles for hair gel? short hair, long hair or medium hair. Also curly hair or straight hair, doesn't matter. Just a blueprint of what hairstyles suit hair gel. Perhaps product names too although I have read and bought some great hair gels thanks to this forum. But just so we don't waste time and money lol Big Grin
Thanks guys!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: Best mens hairstyles and haircuts for hair gel?
Put gel in your damp hair and blow dry is how I use gel so it's not much different than wax.
07-26-2014, 12:56 PM
The hairstyles for hair gel are hairstyles that require the hair to stay in a same shape or form, that is, hairstyles that don't require freedom of movement.

Elaborate hairstyles can be shaped with hair gel, but the most bang for our buck that you will get for your hair gel hairstyles is when you style your hair up in a gravity-defying manner. Hairstyles like Mohawks, Faux Hawks, Liberty Spikes, Brush Ups and Quiffs play out very well with hair gel.

Hairstyles that suit the use of hair gel
  • Ivy League
  • Brush cut
  • High and Tight
  • Regulation cut
  • Spiky hair
  • Blowout
  • Caesar cut
  • Quiff
  • Side part
  • Side fringe
  • Curtains
  • Brush up
  • Undercut (and all its styling variations for the hair on the top of the head)
  • Metro mullet
  • Faux Hawk
  • Mohawk
  • Blowout fade
  • Liberty Spikes
  • Natural curls (where hair is not styled and simply let to naturally settle on the head)
  • Modern slicked back
  • Messy hair
  • Jheri curl
  • Long hair (this includes all tied styles such as the man bun style)
The one important thing about hair gel is that it comes in different holds, with the hold being how much it can hold the hairstyle in position. You have 3 main holds: light, firm and strong (and sometimes extra strong). Depending on the hold, the hair gel will be suited for certain hairstyles or not.
  • Light Hold: a light-hold hair gel gives a wet look that allows some freedom of movement, so light-hold hair gel is great for casual hairstyles, curly hair and for long hair. A great light-hold hair gel is THIS one here.
  • Firm Hold: a firm-hold hair gel provides a stronger hold than a lighter hold, but it still keeps the wet look effect. With a firm hold hair gel, you can now shape your hair while keeping it glossy. Hairstyles for firm hold hair gel include the Faux Hawk, Caesar cut, modern side part, military haircuts, the quiff and the Ivy League haircut. A great firm-hold hair gel is THIS one here.
  • Strong Hold: a strong-hold hair gel provides a very strong hold that goes great for hairstyles that need to stay up all throughout the whole day. That, or hairstyles that require to stay in the same shape all throughout the day. Thus, strong hair gel goes great for just about any mens hairstyle, especially hairstyles like Brush Ups, spiky hair, formal hairstyles, slicked back hair and shaggy hairstyles that require the hair to defy gravity.

A great strong-hold hair gel us THIS one here.
  • Extra Strong Hold: an extra strong-hold hair gel will give you a dry crispy look that leaves the hair hard and as any shape you want it to remain. This kind of hair gel goes great with a Mohawk, Liberty Spikes or Blowout hairstyle.

A great extra strong-hold hair gel is THIS one here. This hair gel in the link is the brand of hair gel Pauly D uses for his Blowout! Big Grin

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-28-2014, 08:43 AM
I like longer hair, but not quite shoulder length
07-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Hi guys, do you think that the extra strong hold gel would work for a slicked back?
07-31-2014, 01:06 PM
how about for kinky curly afro styles with gel? i know that kinky curls and gel don't usually play out well. But how about a light hair gel to style the afro? casual styling so not some crazy afro styling or shaping. Just enough of the product to give some fix to the curls but leave some wobbling too ... or if the curls are less tight with a shake and go?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My hair / hairline and haircuts I could get . Help. John_cook115 0 102 11-15-2016 05:52 PM
Last Post: John_cook115
  Best tall men hairstyles and haircuts for great aesthetics A Tall Guy 1 230 10-20-2016 11:17 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Weatherproof hairstyles Dansercoer 1 637 01-23-2016 04:00 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
Thumbs Up Slicked Back Hair Guide: Styles, Haircuts, Products, Pictures, Advice and More TheMensHairForum 15 27,129 12-17-2015 10:14 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c