Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best mens hair products for classic hairstyles and dapper haircuts 5 2
Best mens hair products for classic hairstyles and dapper haircuts
12-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Best mens hair products for classic hairstyles and dapper haircuts
Hello! I'm wanting to go full on dapper and I'm looking for the best mens hair products for classic hairstyles. Like pomades or hair wax since I read the men's hair book which has been really helpful and also started reading some guides here on this forum. I already got a rocking disconnected haircut so it's time now to style my hair. As per the book my hair is of medium length, 4 inches on the top with tapered short sides.
The hairstyles that I have in mind are slicked back hairstyles and side part hairstyles. No fringe hair and no volume. I'm joining the sales team of a Fortune 500 company and need my hair in a classic hairstyle with a good dapper look.
Would love some help on choosing the best hair products for mens classic hairstyles. Cheers folks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2018, 02:21 PM
RE: Best mens hair products for classic hairstyles and dapper haircuts
Btw my hair is wavy according to the Isez hair type guide from the mens hair book. So my suitable hair products would be similar to straight hair and I'm looking to tame the waves in my hair so the hair stays flat. Need some strong hair product for that! Big Grin
12-07-2018, 03:54 PM
The best products for classic hairstyles are pomades, styling cream and hair gel. Since you're looking for flat side part styles and slicked back styles, you're going to indeed need a strong hold as you pointed out. Wavy hair at four inches of length can get a bit wild.

Get the following products in the links below. Use the two recommended pomades for slicked back hair, while use the styling cream and the strong hold gel for a side part hairstyle:
  • High shine pomade: for a high shine look that doesn't look out of place in a slicked back hairstyle or side part, get this pomade.
  • Medium shine pomade: for a low to moderate shine, get this pomade.
  • Styling cream: for a classic styling cream, this one here will work wonders. Try to get at least two of these if your budget allows for it.
  • Strong hold hair gel: for such a gel with low to medium shine, this hair gel is for you. You want to avoid high shine hair gel for classic hairstyles as high shine gels tend to make the hair look too glossy. So this recommended hair gel in the link is perfect.
Try to get at least one of the two linked pomades and either the linked styling cream or the linked hair gel (or both if your budget allows for it). That way you can play around with the hairstyles according to your mood. These same hair products are also suitable for other men's hairstyles so you'll be using them eventually for more styling options anyway.
12-09-2018, 08:20 AM
That's a very useful list of products you posted above Panther. So many hair products that one can buy doing who knows what so it's good to know what's up with the hair products for classic hairstyles. I can vouch for both pomades as great pomades.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hair products should I use for PewDiePie hairstyle? AlexT96 1 48 12-14-2018 08:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Thumbs Up Hair dye products to get silver hair color and style Richie 3 177 12-09-2018 12:45 PM
Last Post: Panther
  Hair products for a casual slicked back style Don Lisander 1 376 10-14-2018 09:52 AM
Last Post: Ebony
  Dry scalp - what to do? Shampoo, frequency, products princeofclay 1 200 10-04-2018 12:36 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum