Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best materials for curling irons?
12-03-2014, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 12:23 PM by Alex.)
Best materials for curling irons?
It seems like curling irons are similar in materials used as to flat irons which can get confusing. In one sentence what are the best materials for curling irons?

Edited... there is a thread on curling iron sizes. That was useful and there are some other threads on curling irons but looking around i didn't find anything regarding materials used to make them. You guys have discussed the different materials for flat irons and whatnot so i am curious to know if the same applies to curling irons. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: Best materials for curling irons?
About the sizes you are referring to this curling iron sizes thread with the barrel size for the curl length. It was me who posted it that's why I remember it Wink

As for curling iron materials, there are several which will depend on the brand, price and what you want the iron to do.
  • Ceramic Curling Irons: Ceramic provides consistent heat distribution and it seals the hair to lock in moisture. This is a good choice of barrel material, especially for frizzy, color treated or dry, damaged hair.
  • Gold Curling Irons: Gold barrel curling irons distribute heat evenly and this material is perfect if you curl your hair daily or almost daily.
  • Teflon Curling Irons: This is yet another material that efficiently distributes heat evenly throughout the barrel. Teflon also helps eliminate frizz and creates soft, bouncing curls.
  • Tourmaline Curling Irons: Tourmaline delivers negative ions to neutralize your hair's positive charge. It's supposed to create calm, smooth, shiny hair.
  • Titanium Curling Irons: Titanium a super-strong metal and is corrosion resistant, so hair is less likely to snag or break. These curling irons have a wide range of temperatures from a very low setting for damaged, vulnerable hair, up to very hot for coarse or hard to manage hair. No matter the hair type or style of curl, you are sure to get consistent results and smooth, shiny, beautiful curls.
Your right that the materials change in similar fashion to hair straighteners, hair dryers and other hairstyling tools. It comes down to usability and price (more like value) but the good thing about curling irons is that they are useful for guys and are yet unknown to guys so your playing with an advantage there. Just have a look at this discussion about good curling irons and check out what was recommended as good curling irons by the mods. This forum is golden for anything that has to do with discovering tricks and tools that mainstream mens hair knowledge is lacking!
12-04-2014, 05:12 AM
(12-03-2014 12:21 PM)Alex Wrote:  It seems like curling irons are similar in materials used as to flat irons which can get confusing. In one sentence what are the best materials for curling irons?

Edited... there is a thread on curling iron sizes. That was useful and there are some other threads on curling irons but looking around i didn't find anything regarding materials used to make them. You guys have discussed the different materials for flat irons and whatnot so i am curious to know if the same applies to curling irons. Thanks!

I have a Spiderman G3 Salon Pro Clipless Curling Iron – material: Tourmaline
I also have a Spiderman G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron – material: 100% Tourmaline Ceramic plates
I did a lot of desk research prior to my purchases (guided by my hairdresser) and I am confident that I chose one of the best.
03-28-2015, 12:07 AM
Yeah I also think the curling irons have similar material to flat irons. I am very curious to know the complete details on curling irons. I would definitely search on internet to know more about this.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to clean a curling iron? need advice Machado 2 1,183 11-16-2014 08:22 AM
Last Post: AddyB
Information Curling Iron sizes: Useful guide to buy curling irons Sunset 2 1,373 10-17-2014 03:00 PM
Last Post: Long Mane
  Tips on how to use a curling iron for men? expert help Machado 1 994 10-06-2014 01:18 PM
Last Post: Sunset