Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best hair straighteners for men or women money can buy
09-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Best hair straighteners for men or women money can buy
Can you share what are the best hair straighteners for men, women or unisex? i know this forum thrives on good prices but i'm talking of the best quality hair straighteners around, no matter the price?? my girl's birthday is coming soon and she is always telling me to stop reading so much stuff on this forum lol so i want to show her my time has been well spent Big Grin
Nah serious i know from you guys hair straighteners for men and women are the same etc only difference maybe colors and design so considering i've some money to spend i want to buy the best hair straightener money can buy.
What hair straighteners do you suggest? a list, recommendations, anything...thanks!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: Best hair straighteners for men or women money can buy
BTW i did read the hair straightener thread Jamess started some time ago but if i'm correct he was looking more for decent value/product http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...rs-for-men
09-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Lordius, you are right we do have a thing for not getting too carried away with the prices Big Grin At the forum we would rather recommend a hair product that does the job properly and that has a good value price attached to it over looks and shininess!

Mind you, with hair products the case is that usually the more expensive the better the quality and for actual tools like hair straighteners, this could not be further from the truth. Expensive hair straighteners have higher quality materials which prolong the lifetime of the straightener so it's one's call, buy any hair straightener or invest in one and have it last a very long time -- the same goes for hair clippers by the way.

If you want the best hair dryers without considering price, then go with these

For 2 inch wide hair straighteners (these are used for long hair, anything over 8 inches in length, typical of women), these two hair straighteners kill it

GHD Gold professional straightener
Infrashine hair straightener (make sure you have selected the 2 inches in the width box when ordering the hair straightener, it's already selected by default but in case you unselect it by mistake)

For 1 inch wide hair straighteners (these are used for men's hair, anything shorter than 6 or 8 inches), these two straighteners kill it too:

GHD Scarlett Gold Professional Styler with Scarlet Red Plates, 1 Inch (it comes with the feminine casing, sure your lady will like it! Big Grin)
Paul Mitchell Protools Express Ionstyle 1.0 Professional styler

Any of the above 4 will do, their prices vary a little and so does their designs but they are all at the top of the range for the best hair straighteners you can buy. It's just a matter of picking which one as the quality side is covered.

Make us proud and impress your lady! Big GrinCool

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-19-2013, 07:55 PM
great list, those flat irons sure are running in the high numbers
09-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Lordius now you got me thinking about buying my woman a hair straightener Big GrinBig Grin

(09-19-2013 07:23 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  GHD Scarlett Gold Professional Styler with Scarlet Red Plates, 1 Inch (it comes with the feminine casing, sure your lady will like it! Big Grin)
That is one nice hair straightener, love the colors and packaging something for Valentine day would do great as a gift. Not good i had to buy some hair products for me anyway today and i have a thing for buying 'too much' LOL
09-21-2013, 02:17 PM
(09-19-2013 07:55 PM)Robert Wrote:  great list, those flat irons sure are running in the high numbers

Those hair straighteners are worth the price, especially if you're buying for your lady as a gift Big Grin all women have hair straighteners, so you'll be upgrading her styling tools Wink

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-22-2013, 10:14 PM
TmhF thanks so much for that list bro - am with your feedback just bought the one below cuz my girl has very long coiled hair and she likes wearing her hair straight but its damaged fast
Really appreciated dont know what I would be doing without this forum - quick question I read you should also use some kind of protecting product when using straighteners, do you have any good 1 in mind by any chance

(09-19-2013 07:23 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  GHD Gold professional straightener
09-23-2013, 04:59 PM
(09-22-2013 10:14 PM)Lordius Wrote:  TmhF thanks so much for that list bro - am with your feedback just bought the one below cuz my girl has very long coiled hair and she likes wearing her hair straight but its damaged fast
Really appreciated dont know what I would be doing without this forum - quick question I read you should also use some kind of protecting product when using straighteners, do you have any good 1 in mind by any chance

(09-19-2013 07:23 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  GHD Gold professional straightener

Yes! the heat product is called -heat tamer or heat protectant- & it protects the hair since hair straighteners get REALLY hot inside the blades as heat straightens the hair. Your girlfriend will know what a heat protectant is and it comes with easy instruction. This heat tamer is one we have in our best products list so pick that one if you want a recommendation.
11-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Been looking for a good pair of straighteners for a while, this thread has helped me alot Big Grin
05-10-2015, 02:50 AM
Big Grin RE: Best hair straighteners for men or women money can buy
i love to create various hairstyles. So i was looking for a good hair straightener to minimize the damage to my hair. My recommendation for the best flat iron for men is the GHD hair straightener. It is suitable for all hair types, both men and women with the digital model letting you change the temperature from 266°F to 450°F and save power and it's also safe for you by auto shutting off after 1 hour. I think you should choose it! Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ionic hair straighteners. What is so special about them? Alex 3 1,458 12-27-2014 04:04 AM
Last Post: AddyB
  Advice on ceramic hair straighteners and ceramic hair dryers for men Sunset 3 1,792 11-25-2014 07:34 AM
Last Post: AddyB