Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best hair pomade to buy?
05-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Best hair pomade to buy?
I wanna try hair pomade to style my air, what are the best pomades I can get? American crew? Murrays? Paul Mitchell? those are some I have read. Anyone suggest any to try? Possibly from Amazon as it's the best place I find to buy my hair products. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2013, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 09:36 PM by Jurgen.)
RE: Best hair pomade to buy?
The three hair pomades you mention (American Crew, Murrays, Paul Mitchell) are some decent ones to buy. Other hair pomades that are good too are Suavecito, AXE and Malin + Goetz. The pomade I like the least is Murray's because it's very greasy and leaves a lot of rats on my hair (they use very cheap ingredients to make it).

I also buy mine from Amazon or The Men's Hair Shop (our sponsor, they are partners with Amazon). To buy the specific pomade product from each brand in Amazon go:

1) American Crew

2) Paul Mitchell tea tree pomade

3) Murrays

4) Suavecito pomade

5) AXE clean cut pomade

6) Malin + Goetz pomade

One I like most of the six above is the malin _Goetz one but is a bit high priced.
05-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Hey thanks for the list of pomades Jurgen Big Grin really useful and all available through Amazon. Im going to buy one of at least three of the list so I can see any differences. Can I use hair pomade with long hair by the way (not for me, for my little brother he has straight long hair)?
05-25-2013, 09:54 PM
(05-25-2013 09:33 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  The three hair pomades you mention (American Crew, Murrays, Paul Mitchell) are some decent ones to buy. Other hair pomades that are good too are Suavecito, AXE and Malin + Goetz. The pomade I like the least is Murray's because it's very greasy and leaves a lot of rats on my hair (they use very cheap ingredients to make it).

I also buy mine from Amazon or The Men's Hair Shop (our sponsor, they are partners with Amazon). To buy the specific pomade product from each brand in Amazon go:

1) American Crew

3) Murrays

4) Suavecito pomade

5) AXE clean cut pomade

6) Malin + Goetz pomade

One I like most of the six above is the malin _Goetz one but is a bit high priced.

Excellent list of pomades, Jurgen. I would also add to the list an organic hair pomade like this one for those men who like a more natural hair care.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-25-2013, 10:01 PM
(05-25-2013 09:44 PM)Stevens Wrote:  Hey thanks for the list of pomades Jurgen Big Grin really useful and all available through Amazon. Im going to buy one of at least three of the list so I can see any differences. Can I use hair pomade with long hair by the way (not for me, for my little brother he has straight long hair)?

Yes you can use hair pomade with long hair but not too long. I think up to ten inches of length is fine specially if you have straight or wavy hair.
05-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Sweet! Was growing tired of hair gel so I'm gonna get some of those pomades to try then. What do you think of buying for my first time Malign+goetz, American crew and suavecito?
BTW I ordered a couple of days ago from the Mens Hair shop, very smooth shopping experience.
05-25-2013, 10:25 PM
(05-25-2013 10:10 PM)Stevens Wrote:  Sweet! Was growing tired of hair gel so I'm gonna get some of those pomades to try then. What do you think of buying for my first time Malign+goetz, American crew and suavecito?
BTW I ordered a couple of days ago from the Mens Hair shop, very smooth shopping experience.

I think that is a good choice for your first supply of pomades to try. The shop is our sponsor & I have also purchased hair products there. Do like me and get all your hair products in one order every month or so. Its much easier to do as you can quickly navigate through the shop's categories and add everything to one cart and be done.

Good luck and dont forget to tell us which pomade you like most! Smile
05-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Remember: never get the hair pomade on the scalp as it can become a nightmare to remove, especially the cheaper pomades like Murray's.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-27-2013, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 09:25 PM by Barber.)
(05-26-2013 03:46 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  Remember: never get the hair pomade on the scalp as it can become a nightmare to remove, especially the cheaper pomades like Murray's.

Yes, even the more expensive pomades can be a mess to clean up if it gets on your scalp but the cheapish ones like murrays are as bad as they come.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
06-02-2013, 10:48 PM
I never liked Murrays pomade. Other than that, the list of hair pomades compiled by Jurgen is a good one for your first time buying a pomade etc. The best is to buy two or three then experiment with them and see which pomade you like the most.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-18-2013, 08:26 PM
so I ended getting the American crew pomade, the Paul Mitchell pomade and the Suavecito pomade as a starter to test. I'm liking the Suavecito one the most so far very sleek and easiest to remove.
I need more testing though, also want to get the malign+goetz pomade next.

(05-25-2013 09:54 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  1) American Crew

4) Suavecito pomade
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Any reviews for Paul Mitchell tea tree grooming pomade? Lordius 8 8,063 06-06-2014 09:06 AM
Last Post: Jurgen
  American Crew Pomade or American Crew fiber? which is best for hairstyles? JaimeSpain 3 44,577 04-13-2014 01:46 PM
Last Post: Machado