Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best hair gel for Asian men hair?
03-26-2015, 05:57 AM
Best hair gel for Asian men hair?
Hi I'm a guy from the States with straight Asian hair and I would like to ask what is the best hair gel for Asian mens hair? My main problem is my hair just drops with most hair products I use and even with high hold products. So I was wondering if a really strong hold hair gel would do the trick to keep my hair up for more than a couple of hours as is usually the case with my hair!

Maybe this question has been asked before or I can do some extra reading on any info you guys have. Also any products you recommend would be welcomed. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2015, 12:21 PM
RE: Best hair gel for Asian men hair?
There is a really good hair gel guide in the forum with great hair gel reviews, go here for the hair gel reviews. The barber is the moderator from the forum who posted that hair gel guide and he really knows his stuff so read thru the guide as you will find what you want there.

The Mohawk hair gel or the Short Sexy hair gel in the reviews from that guide will work great for your problem and hair type.

I'm a barber and I do actually know what you mean with the problem you have. From what I have seen there are two hair styling problems that some of our barbershop clients with far eastern heritage will complain about and it's that their hair just lies flat on their head with no styling volume to spare or that their hair just stands up and won't lie down with any hairstyling product Big Grin thick hair can really be a nuisance in that regards but trust me mate it's a blessing because you get some killer natural volume with thick hair! Smile

If you don't find answers with that guide then just ask your questions here and I will try to help you out choosing a good hair gel for thick hair.

Cheers
03-29-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: Best hair gel for Asian men hair?
Hey dude I saw your other reply on my thread about styling waxes, and now this reply. Thanks for the help, I'm mind-blown at how dedicated you guys are to helping others and how much knowledge many of you have. It's great to have barbers, hairdressers and the whole lot in this forum sharing their knowledge.

For starters I've already followed some of the hair product recommendations in this forum and I'm easily saving thirty bucks now from shopping where you guys recommend as opposed to my usual local story downtown!

So about that hair gel thread I've quoted from your reply. Another great piece of info on hair products and I've seen that Short Sexy hair gel recommended in the forum before and guys liking it. I think I will get that one or the mohawk gel. I need to see how I go about this as I'm also getting a couple of styling waxes that you recommended in my styling wax thread.

Thanks for the help and suggesting that guide in the thread!

(03-26-2015 12:21 PM)Bradley Wrote:  There is a really good hair gel guide in the forum with great hair gel reviews, go here for the hair gel reviews. The barber is the moderator from the forum who posted that hair gel guide and he really knows his stuff so read thru the guide as you will find what you want there.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 25,040 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 446 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8
  Volumizing hair mousse or product for styling thin hair? 92GTA 2 541 06-15-2016 08:12 PM
Last Post: 92GTA
  hair product for long straightened hair SAMCRO 1 273 04-06-2016 04:18 PM
Last Post: SAMCRO