Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best hair dryer? 5 5
Best hair dryer?
05-09-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: Best hair dryer?
So to summarize and perhaps for other members' knowledge on dryers, can we then say that this is the right way on how to use a hair dryer for men?
  • Use lowest temperature possible.
  • Don't blow dry daily. If you do blow dry daily then use a heat tamer aka heat protecting spray.
  • Use a diffuser most of the time. A narrow nozzle is cool but don't always use it.
This is my list from my own experience, reading this forum, reading the mens hair book and also from asking my sisters LOL What do you guys think of these three tips on hair dryer use for men?

(05-09-2015 09:53 AM)SAMCRO Wrote:  Thank you, indeed I was the first one who came with the request. Kinda left that behind me now, looking to try new stuff Smile

I remember that thread as it was one of the first threads I read in this forum. I was looking for that slicked back undercut of Jake Gyllenhaal. The hairstyle advice on that thread was super detailed I've never seen barbers talk to that level of precision about a haircut LOL it was a good read and your haircut look really cool with the slick back hair.

You probably have read it but just in case this is another forum thread that I bookmarked on the slicked back undercut: http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...s-products

The advice in that thread was really useful to me in understanding the slick back undercut hairstyle. I've read in this forum at least five variations of the slicked back undercut and I'm sure I have missed more versions. It's a really cool haircut for men, my favorite actually although I don't always get it done. Anyway I'm not meaning to derail this thread.

One quick question, do you have a journey thread that I could follow since you mention you're changing your hairstyle?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2015, 01:11 PM
(05-09-2015 10:25 AM)The Kid Wrote:  So to summarize and perhaps for other members, we can say this is the right way on how to use a hair dryer for men?
  • Don't blow dry daily. If you do blow dry daily then use a heat tamer aka heat protecting spray.
  • Use a diffuser most of the time. A narrow nozzle is cool but don't always use it.
This is my list from my own experience, reading this forum, reading the mens hair book and also from asking my sisters LOL What do you guys think of these three tips on hair dryer use for men?

(05-09-2015 09:53 AM)SAMCRO Wrote:  Thank you, indeed I was the first one who came with the request. Kinda left that behind me now, looking to try new stuff Smile

I remember that thread as it was one of the first threads I read in this forum. I was looking for that slicked back undercut of Jake Gyllenhaal. The hairstyle advice on that thread was super detailed I've never seen barbers talk to that level of precision about a haircut LOL it was a good read and your haircut look really cool with the slick back hair.

You probably have read it but just in case this is another forum thread that I bookmarked on the slicked back undercut: http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...s-products

The advice in that thread was really useful to me in understanding the slick back undercut hairstyle. I've read in this forum at least five variations of the slicked back undercut and I'm sure I have missed more versions. It's a really cool haircut for men, my favorite actually although I don't always get it done. Anyway I'm not meaning to derail this thread.

One quick question, do you have a journey thread that I could follow since you mention you're changing your hairstyle?

Hey, thanks man. Yeah I did like the haircut, but I want something else now. I have actually worn long hair for a year or so (with the bun and all Tongue). Right now, my hair is short, nothing special about it. I'm working 5 days a week now (doing an internship), so to be honest, I don't have any time to style my hair the way I want. Once I'm done with my internship. I'm gonna decide what I want.

These are the options I'll choose from (most likely, if I don't decide to go for something else):

[Image: 6p9hlk.jpg]

[Image: sons-of-anarchy-episode-5-12-darthy-prom...0_full.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

To answer your question. I don't have a journey thread. I don't have any time for that at the moment, plus, my hair isn't really special now, but thanks for the shown interest.
05-14-2015, 11:16 AM
Using a hair dryer as a guy is easy so long as you follow some simple tips!
Well, do keep us updated on what you decide to do!

So as to not derail this thread, feel free to open a new thread if you want to continue discussing your hairstyle alternatives as you always have some good ideas for discussion. Not to mention that you left us all wondering what you finally decided to do with the texturizer and relaxer option we discussed in another thread! Big Grin

Of course, you can open any thread at any time for any question, not just to update us. You've been on this forum long enough to know how it all is here anyway.

Quote:So to summarize and perhaps for other members, can we then that say this is the right way on how to use a hair dryer for men?
What do you guys think of these three tips on hair dryer use for men?

Yes, those 3 points are very important when it comes to using a hair dryer for guys. In fact, a lack of following those 3 points (unintentionally due to lack of knowledge) is what leads many guys to chasing their tail when it comes to knowing why their hair looks dead, burnt or lifeless. Most of the time, it's improper use of a hair dryer that leads to their hair not responding to most hairstyles and products, hence the ever-lasting quest for the perfect product (a very expensive quest, need I say) which would be easily fixed by following some simple guidelines on how to use a hair dryer as a dude.

In any case, I saw that you followed that post that I've quoted with a hair dryer guide for guys to learn how to use a hair dryer. The actual styling of one's own hair with a hair dryer is very easy, intuitive and convenient. It's the basic adjustments such as temperature to use or how frequently to use a hair dryer that needs to be set prior to using a hair dryer daily or close to daily.

As you've correctly pointed out, if one (as a male) is to be using a hair dryer daily, then it's imperative to use a heat-protecting product or spray (also known as a heat tamer) which protects the hair from any potential damage from the heat of the blown air. This itself is golden for hair care and hair health over the long term, and it's worrying (in a hair care sense) how so many guys blow dry their hair daily carelessly, which then leads on to a vicious cycle of searching for the perfect hair-invigorating hair product as each tried hair product fails to deliver any results on hair that is being fried daily.

With all that said in the previous paragraph and with how the issue of unresponsive fried hair compounds itself, the solution is as simple as getting a cheap heat tamer from our list of recommended hair products for men and the hair dryer pains are gone. Hopefully, with the long and informative posts in this hair dryers discussion, we can help stop the daily drying and burning of male hair. So, if you've got any pals who are using their hair dryer carelessly or are planning on buying a hair dryer, send them on their way to the first page of this thread and get them reading it all! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Hey guys, been following this forum for a little while but have only just registered and first time posting. Wow I wish id discovered this forum 10 years ago! (if it was around then ha)

Wondering if anybody has any recommendations of a good quality Tourmaline Ionic hair dryer available in Australia?
None of the recommended dryers in this thread seem to be available here in Aus and id prefer not to have to use a converter or adapter if possible

Thanks for any advice or recommendations Smile
05-03-2016, 07:55 AM
None of those blow dryers are available in the Netherlands or I need to cough up 20 euros for shipping fees.
Do you think Wahl/Superdry Föhn come close to the BabyLiss blow dryers?

Update:

Did some digging, if you have thick wavy hair and you don't want to pay 20 euros for shipping fees (Netherlands) then I think this is what you can choose: Braun HD 785 Satin Hair 7 Sensodryer. I'll try it and when I like it, I'll share my experience with it. The one I previous mentioned didn't have a diffuser, but this one has it.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------