Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best hair dryer?
05-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Best hair dryer?
I'm looking for the best hair dryer money can get as I'm getting into increasing my range of hairstyles and owning a hair dryer is one of the things I'm missing. What are some good recommendations from the forum or plainly out, the best hair dryer (for men)??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2013, 10:51 PM
RE: Best hair dryer?
I don't think there's a best hair dryer for men alone as it comes down to preference. Are you looking for a light handy one? One that has lots of settings? A long lasting one? These are some hair dryers that we have been discussing in this forum so far and some of my recommendations:

Conair 225NP Comfort Touch Tourmaline Ceramic 1875-Watt Hair Dryer: has good feedback on this forum

BaByliss Pro Ceramic Hair Dryer: this one is pretty good IME

Remington Ac2015 T-studio Salon Collection Pearl Ceramic Hair Dryer: recommended by other forum members

BaByliss Pro BABTTW5586 TT Tourmaline Titanium 5000 Dryer: my lady swears by this one

It's important you grab a diffuser with the hair dryer, I believe most of the above come with one but, if not, just add the hair dryer's diffuser on its own as diffusers normally come as add-on hair dryer accessories that need to be bought aside. For men, using a hair dryer is not as intensive so you need to make sure you know the guidelines of using one such as using the coldest temperature and only blowdrying for two to three seconds each part of the scalp.

The referenced hair dryers are also of good quality so they will last you long, normally this is one of the most important things to look at. Once you own your first hair dryer and know your way around it then you can shop for more. Depending on your budget, choose any of these four above for a good starting hair dryer that will last.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Both Remington and Babyliss models have good feedback from what I heard from my customers. We use more expensive hair dryers but they are more for a barbershop setting. For DIY hair dryer, those three models are excellent choices.

(05-29-2013 10:51 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  BaByliss Pro Ceramic Hair Dryer

Remington Ac2015 T-studio Salon Collection Pearl Ceramic Hair Dryer: recommended by other forum members

BaByliss Pro BABTTW5586 TT Tourmaline Titanium 5000 Dryer: my lady swears by this one

Make sure you know how to use a hair dryer this is especially if you're going to be using a hair straightener too as too much heat can damage your hair badly.

Have a heat protectant at hand if you're going to be using a hair dryer every day.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
05-30-2013, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 05:22 PM by Robert.)
I saw you posted in the Zayn Malik thread, thanks for the suggestions Big Grin
06-05-2013, 01:29 PM
I have the Remington Ac2015 and it is doing good for me, a tip which made a big difference was using a protecting product to protect the hair from the heat.
06-17-2013, 09:07 PM
(05-29-2013 10:51 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Conair 225NP Comfort Touch Tourmaline Ceramic 1875-Watt Hair Dryer: has good feedback on this forum

Tourmaline hair dryers are great, I have the BaByliss Pro BABTTW5586 TT and its one beast, it really gets the sleek finish done. Use some hair mousse with it and I get the mane of a lion Big Grin
06-18-2013, 09:47 PM
so Jurgen (or anyone else) is a tourmaline hair dryer worth the higher price then??
06-18-2013, 10:01 PM
(06-18-2013 09:47 PM)Stevens Wrote:  so Jurgen (or anyone else) is a tourmaline hair dryer worth the higher price then??

I'm not Jurgen (I'm better looking Big Grin) but from my experience. tourmaline hair dryers offer better results that are worth the money you pay for. If you are going to be using the hair dryer frequently then it's a good idea to invest in a tourmaline one.

06-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Can we expect a tourmaline hair dryer to work also in very curly hair of the kinky type? considering kinky curly hair (i have) is fragile and heat can damage the hair.. anyone know?
06-23-2013, 06:15 PM
not that I use them AfroJay but I read in the forum somewhere that tourmaline hair dryers are better. they do cost more though..
06-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Yes, Tourmaline hair dryers are usually better as they help make the hair sleeker especially with curly hair. The ones I posted in the second reply in this thread are good Smile

There are also certain hair dryer manufacturers that are going one step further and trying to innovate in this hair product's field. Infrared energy, ion generator-enhanced systems, lighter weight despite better blow drying and the use of ceramic and titanium as standard materials.

I have seen quite a lot of changes in the last decade when it comes to hair dryers. The same could be said for other hair styling tools such as hair straighteners and even hair clippers. While hair styling products such as hair gels and pomades have remained fairly static in terms of development, those styling products that revolve around the maximizing of current day technology have experienced a big boost in their specs. I still remember the days of the 2- button hair dryer that would fry your hair if you left it pointed at your hair for over 5 seconds Big Grin

Another hair dryer that I would like to add to the list of best hair dryers, is this hair dryer from the T3 line. I bought 2 of them for 2 sisters of my girl and they're loving it. Usually the 2 sisters have ratty and frizzy hair as they are addicted to the hair dryer and use it daily but this hair dryer is surprisingly treating their hair so much better and it shows. Both of them always bombard me with hair care questions but now it's gotten worse and are asking me to help them build a list of hair products to buy LOL Anyway, if any of you are going to buy the T3 hair dryer I just posted in the link a couple of lines above, then make sure to get the diffuser for the hair dryer too, which you can get HERE in Amazon.

Happy blow drying Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-07-2013, 11:21 PM
According to InStyle Magazine's best beauty buy issue, tourmaline dryers are the next best thing to a professional dryer. They are good price and Very effective in use.
07-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Yep Conair hair dryers are good. Remington and BabyLiss ones are good brands too. The list posted by TheMensHairForum is as good as it gets for regular users looking for value.

08-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Personally, when going with a hair dryer, you must choose quality over price because hair dryers overheat easily, which means that they wear off fast if the overheating is not regulated. It is more or less the same case with hair clippers whereby a hair clipper dies off when the battery runs out due to lost energy from overheating.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
08-24-2013, 02:51 PM
(05-29-2013 07:38 PM)Alex Wrote:  I'm looking for the best hair dryer money can get as I'm getting into increasing my range of hairstyles and owning a hair dryer is one of the things I'm missing. What are some good recommendations from the forum or plainly out, the best hair dryer (for men)??

Hi Alex there are a bunch of good hair driers, and the ionic are the best.
08-26-2013, 05:46 PM
The following brand was suggested by the above member. I edited it out as we don't allow passing by our forum to register and drop names, it is not good forum etiquette to be "recommending" products in your first post as that reeks of spamming tactics. You can recommend products but you need more posts. As an example, in our best hair products thread we only allow members with more than 20 posts to provide their experience/feedback/recommendations on products so that we are able to build a trusted and definite recommended hair products list.

Anyway, I know the brand the above user mentioned and they have genuinely good products. I will post two of the brand's hair dryers as they are of good quality but the only problem is they are a bit pricey, they make up for this by the hair dryers having a nice design and finishing touch. I may buy one myself in the future as they sure look nice, but for the rest of readers read the Amazon page and then decide whether to buy them or not as I don't have personal experience with them although other members (with a post count of at least 10 posts) can chime in with their experience.

Elchim Healthy Hair ionic Blow dryer
Elchim Professional 2001 2000 Watt Classic Hair Dryer (Great option if the hair dryer above is too expensive for you. Also check the range of colors for this hair dryer; the red-colored hair dryer looks really good!)

08-27-2013, 05:25 PM
(08-26-2013 05:49 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Elchim Healthy Hair ionic Blow dryer
Elchim Professional 2001 2000 Watt Classic Hair Dryer

Those 2 hair dryers look tight especially the first one looking bling lol
03-12-2014, 03:56 PM
I've just spotted this fantastic thread. I've been wanting a hair dryer for a while now, and I've used this thread as a good reference when looking. So to recap: A Tourmaline 1900W Babyliss Dryer will be a good pick right? It's only going to cost me about £30 ($70 ish?) though so I am wondering if I should go for a more expensive one? That T3 Looks and sounds amazing, but it's almost £200 here in the UK! And does the quality of the diffuser matter? Are expensive ones better/no different?
03-12-2014, 05:35 PM
(03-12-2014 03:56 PM)AD120790 Wrote:  I've just spotted this fantastic thread. I've been wanting a hair dryer for a while now, and I've used this thread as a good reference when looking. So to recap: A Tourmaline 1900W Babyliss Dryer will be a good pick right? It's only going to cost me about £30 ($70 ish?) though so I am wondering if I should go for a more expensive one? That T3 Looks and sounds amazing, but it's almost £200 here in the UK! And does the quality of the diffuser matter? Are expensive ones better/no different?

The T3 hair dryer is really good as it combines the latest technology so it does a better and faster job than just about the rest of all hair dryers in the market while minimizing any damage from the heat of the hot air expelled by the dryer.

You see, the problem with using hair dryers is that a "too frequent" use (i.e. daily) can "fry" and damage your hair, so dryers like the T3 one minimize this issue even when using the dryer daily. That's why it is so expensive as it is a dryer that can be used much more frequently without risking damaging your hair like you'd do with other dryers. Furthermore the T3 dryer will last you ages whereas a cheap or medium range dryer will break much faster, so, understandably, the T3 dryer will be much more expensive as its lifetime is 3 to 5 times that of a cheap hair dryer.

If you are so interested in the T3 dryer, then why not purchase it from the US at Amazon.com anyway? This US Amazon vendor (click the link to see its page with the product) carries the T3 hair dryer and ships it to the UK too. An expedited shipment from that Amazon.com vendor is an extra 7 dollars so you're looking at about 170 dollars all included (that's 102 pounds!). Even the Priority Courier Shipping (fastest shipping) from that Amazon.com vendor I just posted in the link is 30 dollars, so you're still looking at about 190 dollars all included (that's 115 pounds!).

So ordering the T3 dryer from that US Amazon vendor in the link is way cheaper than buying the T3 dryer straight from Amazon UK! We actually recommend UK (and European) forum members to buy from US Amazon (Amazon.com) because, even with the most expensive shipping (the fastest one, Priority Courier Shipping) factored into the final price of the product, most items are still way cheaper than in Amazon UK (not to mention hilariously way cheaper than UK stores). This is very true for actual styling tools like hair dryers, hair straighteners, hair clippers, beard trimmers, curling irons etc And the cool thing is that if you were to order the T3 from the vendor above via Priority Courier Shipping, you can then order more products together with the T3 hair dryer and benefit from the rates of Priority Courier Shipping per pound of weight, so you can get a big bang for your buck if you make a big purchase in one go from Amazon.com. And, once you receive the big package in your door, let me tell you, it's like Christmas day LOL

The one thing to bear in mind though is that you will need a voltage converter as appliances (in this case hair dryers) from the USA use different voltage to those in the UK (and rest of the world LOL). But a good converter is less than 20 dollars, this converter here, for example, is cheap, very convenient and does the job, so include it in your purchase if you're going for the T3 dryer or any other dryer from the US.

If instead you'd rather purchase from the UK, then I suggest you get a good starting dryer that doesn't break the bank. You could get the T3 dryer from the UK, but paying 200 pounds for it when you can get it for much cheaper through the vendor above in the States is a bit asinine. Although take into account that the T3 dryer from the vendor in the link is usually listed much higher and in fact the regular price gravitates around the 200 pound mark (when converted from dollars to pounds). The thing is that US Amazon vendors have better margins to play with so they can afford to drop their prices big time, while UK Amazon vendors don't usually have such wide pricing flexibility.

So, from Amazon UK, I would recommend to you this hair dryer. Its price is very affordable and it is from BaByliss too. It combines ceramic with tourmaline and ionic heating so it certainly is a good catch for that price. The only issue with the BaByliss Pro diffusers is that people are complaining that they don't fit although mine did. In any case, the BaByliss hair dryer I have posted in the link will work for now since the ionic exchange heating of that specific BaByliss dryer actually helps with the frizz and fighting frizz is one of the advantages of a diffuser.

If you really like the T3 dryer (it really is worth the price, especially it's current price) then grab it from the US. If not, and if 200 pounds is way too much for your budget, then the BaByliss dryer alternative I linked you above will be a great starting hair dryer for you.

03-25-2014, 02:26 PM
I would have thought that a hair dryer was just a hair dryer before reading this thread... clearly not. Tongue
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------