Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best hair clipper for undercut hairstyle?
02-28-2015, 06:12 AM
Best hair clipper for undercut hairstyle?
I went thru the hair clippers thread and all the good advice there, but what would be the best hair clipper for the undercut hairstyle? the undercut is all about buzzing the sides of the head and at least for me, i have a lot of hair on the sides and it's kinda curlier so i take it that a powerful hair clipper is needed for the undercut haircut. At least in my case Big Grin
Would you say the Andis cord-less hair clipper reviewed by Jurgen would go well for the undercut?
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...ble-REVIEW

There is also advice for the undercut haircut on how easy and fast it is to get it. So the hair clipper should be easy to handle right?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Best hair clipper for undercut hairstyle?
From my experience a cordless hair clipper is perfect for the undercut hairstyle. What I mean is that it is perfect is you are buzzing the undercut by yourself all alone. You will need to look at the mirror all the time as you use the hair clipper for the sides of the head in the undercut, so you will need a hair clipper that is easy to use and not heavy.

The hair clipper that you post in the link with the review is perfect for the undercut hairstyle. The only problem is that it is not cheap! Big Grin

Another thing is that I have posted my opinion on cordless hair clippers versus hair clippers with cables. I think the ones with cables are simply called corded hair clippers. I posted my opinion in this thread here as you ask about what is the best hair clipper if it is the cordless hair clippers or the corded hair clippers. You are always asking questions by the way Big Grin Tongue

My conclusion is that the cordless ones are the best hair clippers for the undercut hairstyle. But you need to get a powerful cordless hairclipper if you want to cut your undercut all the time by yourself. You can cut longer hair with a good cordless hair clipper like the one you mention in that review.

The only disadvantage is that good cordless hair clippers are not cheap. Over the future a good cordless clipper will be cheap for you because you cut your undercut or other haircuts at home so you don't have to spend money to go to a hairdresser. I spend approximately 18 euros for a buzz cut if I go to a barbershop where I live. I need a buzz cut after 2 weeks for example. That's 36 euros every month. So after 6 months using the hair clipper to cut my hair and not going to the barbershop I am saving money and have already paid for the clipper Smile This benefit of buying a good hair clipper is very important to remember and makes buying this product an intelligent decision.

The cheap cordless hair clippers are not good for the undercut. They will run out of battery before you have finished the undercut, and they usually vibrate too much for precision hair cutting. You don't need a lot of precision for the undercut but the haircut becomes very easy with a good cordless hair clipper.
03-02-2015, 03:00 PM
If you're looking for a hair clipper for the undercut, and if you're just going to be buzzing your hair every two to three weeks, then a cordless hair clipper is the better hair clipper. With a cordless hair clipper you have a slightly better handling of the clipper itself if you're not trained as a barber so you will be able to give yourself a better undercut haircut. The same applies to any short buzz cut haircut, a cordless hair clipper will generally be easier and faster to use for those self haircuts.

Just make sure that you don't let the undercut hair cut get too long. Reason for this is that most cordless hair clippers have problems buzzing through any hair length longer than a centimetre. So if you're going to use a cordless hair clipper for the undercut, make sure you're buzzing your hair to retouch the undercut at least once a month.

The only exception to the above is if you get a solid cordless hair clipper with enough power. I posted this in your other thread but Jurgen posted some time ago a review of the Andis Bgr Plus hair clipper which is a powerful cordless clipper that will buzz through longer lengths. It's a complete hair clipper and comes with all the stuff that you need for any powerful hair clipper to work.

Also you posted in your other hair clipper thread the link to the full hair clippers discussion so I'm posting it here too for anyone who hasn't read that discussion as there are quite a few great cordless hair clipper recommendations that go very well with just about any short mens haircut, including the undercut haircut.

Cheers!
03-04-2015, 11:46 AM
All high-quality clippers are great hair clippers for the Undercut hairstyle!
Machado, the Undercut is a men's haircut that needs some precision so as to buzz through the disconnected hair ridge. This is easily done by anyone cutting his own hair, so that's not the issue. The issue is that cheap hair clippers tend to buzz the hair unevenly so getting the disconnected haircut of the Undercut can be problematic.

When it comes to cutting your own Undercut (or any other haircut, for that matter), think high-quality and durability. Most high-quality hair clippers these days are light enough to not pose any issues to a hair clipper newbie when it comes to precision hair cutting. Never mind whether the hair clipper is cordless or needs a cord to work.

Incidentally, I've just replied to your thread on cordless hair clippers vs. corded hair clippers and, in the thread, I've posted the recommended hair clippers to buy. Many guys make the mistake of considering price before quality when buying a hair clipper, when they should be doing the exact opposite, especially if one's budget allows for it.

A cheap hair clipper will break down in months (not years like with good clippers), and a cheap hair clipper will make the haircut experience an annoying one due to overheat and lack of buzzing power. So cheap hair clippers may look like a good purchase due to their low price, but they will actually cost you a lot more down the line when compared to buying a high-quality hair clipper from the get-go.

Read my reply in the linked thread I've posted that belongs to you and go through my 2 recommended hair clippers. Either of those 2 hair clippers will be excellent hair clippers for the Undercut hairstyle. If both recommend hair clippers are out of your budget (high-quality hair clippers aren't cheap), then have a look at our recommended hair clippers and choose any that fits better with your allocated budget since those hair clippers are cheaper than the ones I've recommended in your thread but they still retain their high-quality. Any hair clippers in the discussion link that I've just posted will also make for excellent Undercut hair clippers! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-06-2015, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 04:13 AM by AdductorMagnus.)
Got myself a Wahl Icon today. Seems solid. Heavier than expected. Guess I'll try
a combined upper body workout cutting session later.
03-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Wahl is a good brand of hair clippers.
(03-06-2015 04:09 AM)AdductorMagnus Wrote:  Got myself a Wahl Icon today. Seems solid. Heavier than expected. Guess I'll try
a combined upper body workout cutting session later.

LOL yes Wahl hair clippers tend to be a bit heavy. You will get used to it in no time though.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is the best product for short/faded hairstyle? willhtun 1 369 07-21-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: willhtun
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,115 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
Sad need help from a wireless wahl clipper owner tomer012 0 191 04-26-2016 06:45 AM
Last Post: tomer012
  Product for slicked back undercut RePulse 1 471 02-20-2016 05:57 PM
Last Post: JonSnow1