Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best hair clipper for beginners to get haircuts at home?
09-19-2015, 05:27 AM
Best hair clipper for beginners to get haircuts at home?
Hi I'm a new beginner barber... I'm a home barber and I started 3 months ago cutting the hair of my friend and it went so good that I now cut all of my friends' hair... I have an old hair clipper and it's also a half trimmer. I want to buy a new men's hair clipper so I want your help.

Please tell me of any good hair clippers for beginners under $55 and I would like it to be either a Wahl hair clipper or an Andis hair clipper... I like the Wahl Deluxe hair clipper and many others from Wahl and Andis... Let me know your opinion about the best hair clippers for guys to get haircuts at home! Smile

Thanks a lot and sorry for my English.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2015, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2015 10:00 AM by Mike Lowe.)
RE: Best hair clipper for beginners to get haircuts at home?
From my experience the Andis hair clippers are more expensive than the cost that you're allowing yourself to cover with your budget. With 55 bucks as your budget, you're only going to get a medium quality hair clipper. Andis and other brands like Oster are high end hair clippers, while Wahl seems to sit right below the hair clippers from Andis and Oster.

I have used a couple of Wahl hair clippers and considering your budget, I recommend that you get the Wahl 9686 Power Pro hair clipper which also acts as a hair clipper and a detailer. With the detailer you can do some cool stuff to your hair like shaping up the hairline or designing your beard shape.

One of our forum moderators did a review of the Wahl 9686 Power Pro hair clipper and he also recommended where to buy it from as different online sellers price their products differently. Before joining this forum I used to read it almost every single day due to the good advice given out by the barbers, and one of the threads that caught my eye was this one in the link of the Wahl 9686 hair clipper review:

This is the toolkit for the Wahl 9686 hair clipper reviewed above. It comes with all the guiding combs and guards to act as a hair trimmer, beard trimmer and as a detailer. Seriously you have a lot of haircutting options with the Wahl 9686 Power Pro hair clipper.

[Image: 81BKoTzQvnL._SX522_.jpg]

Read it and see the recommended seller. For the price listed from that seller, the Wahl 9686 is a bargain. Of course we aren't talking of Andis or Oster, but Wahl is a brand that you can trust when it comes to hair clippers and beard trimmers. Limiting your budget to 55 bucks only really puts you at the level of the medium-end hair clippers. Of all these medium hair clippers, the Wahl 9686 is a pretty good one considering the other options in that medium-price category.

Anyway if you change your mind about your budget and push up your limit by an extra 50 bucks, you can get the Oster Classic 76 hair clipper which is an indestructible hair clipper. You can see this hair clipper listed in the official hair products thread and you can read the comments of what the barbers in the forum have to say about it:

If you don't end up changing your mind and you want to limit yourself to 55 bucks, then by all means do get the Wahl 9686 hair clipper reviewed in the thread that I first linked to (above in this reply).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 1,801 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
Sad need help from a wireless wahl clipper owner tomer012 0 164 04-26-2016 06:45 AM
Last Post: tomer012
  Best professional hair clipper? Cordless or corded is OK Frederick 2 1,242 05-03-2015 07:48 AM
Last Post: Frederick
Thumbs Up Oster 76 classic hair clipper review - My years of experience Curly Dude 2 1,567 04-25-2015 02:12 PM
Last Post: Frederick