Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best curling irons for guys?
01-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Best curling irons for guys?
Bought already a hair dryer and a whole lot hair stuff thank to you guys so i trust your opinions, what are the best curling irons?? I am planning on buying 1 for curling the top of my quiff when i style it like that and also for pompadours etc ... my hair can be hard to dominate so a hair dryer and now a curling iron would be a cool addition to my styling tools ---> and considering i wanna hair my grow longer it would give more volume right??
Its a whole new world with hairstyling once you read these forums lol and there seems to be a lot of info on flat irons in the forum but cant so much on curl irons and there a lot of guys here who know their stuff so the reason for my question Big Grin Thanksss Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Best curling irons for guys?
Great question Machado! Curling irons are great styling tools for men as they do indeed open up the range of available hairstyles that one can use. Unlike hair straighteners, however, curling irons are hardly known among men while they are used plentifully by women. Curling irons go great for hair styles where you want the hair to bend, not necessarily form a full curl (as in a col) hence these styling tools can help you shape your hair in lots of cool shapes the same way that hair straighteners do!

Curling irons are easy to use, just clip in a lock of hair that you want to curl, curl the lock as much as you wan are the tube and let it for a couple of seconds in that position. The tube making the curling iron heats up which allows the lock that you have clipped in the iron to become malleable and shape-able so that you can either give a slight wave to your hair, make it wavy or make it fully curly, it really is up to you Smile The actual shaping/waving/curling mechanism is the same as that of hair straighteners aka flat irons! (i.e. heat the hair so that you can shape it however you want it to)

Some of the best curling irons around and with a good price are the following:
  • This curling iron: this one is a great value for money and from a solid hair care company. if your budget is a bit tight, go for this one.
  • This curling iron: this one is greatly priced and will last you much longer than the above iron as it is a more heavy duty iron.
  • This curling iron: this one is an upgrade from the second iron above. It is made of titanium which means a faster heating time and a much longer product life so out of the 3 options presented, it will be the one lasting you the longest! It is currently priced similar to the second curling iron above and that's a great price as it is usually double its current price (can reach up to low 3 figures!).

Lastly, get this special curling iron if you want to get the bets of the best curling irons. The issue with this last curling iron? It is not a clip in iron like the above 3 although using it is not difficult and the instructions are very clear. You have to use a heat-protecting globe (the linked product comes with the official glove as we as a case) and the glove is pink so that's the real only drawback Big Grin Other than that that particular linked iron is highly recommended by other professional hairstylists.

In terms of the size to choose, simply pick a curling iron between 1 to 2 inches, depending on your hair length. If you shave short hair (2 inches), then get the 1 inch irons while if you have medium length hair (3+ inches) get a 1.5 or 2 inches iron. And do NOT forget to also purchase a heat protecting hair product to protect your hair from the high temperatures achieved by the curling iron. Simply coat the hair you're going to iron with the heat protecting product and then proceed to clip in your hair and curl it Smile A great heat protecting product is this heat protecting spray.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-22-2014, 12:31 PM
(01-21-2014 02:39 PM)Machado Wrote:  Bought already a hair dryer and a whole lot hair stuff thank to you guys so i trust your opinions, what are the best curling irons?? I am planning on buying 1 for curling the top of my quiff when i style it like that and also for pompadours etc ... my hair can be hard to dominate so a hair dryer and now a curling iron would be a cool addition to my styling tools ---> and considering i wanna hair my grow longer it would give more volume right??
Its a whole new world with hairstyling once you read these forums lol and there seems to be a lot of info on flat irons in the forum but cant so much on curl irons and there a lot of guys here who know their stuff so the reason for my question Big Grin Thanksss Smile

(01-21-2014 05:01 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Great question Machado! Curling irons are great styling tools for men as they do indeed open up the range of available hairstyles that one can use. Unlike hair straighteners, however, curling irons are hardly known among men while they are used plentifully by women. Curling irons go great for hair styles where you want the hair to bend, not necessarily form a full curl (as in a col) hence these styling tools can help you shape your hair in lots of cool shapes the same way that hair straighteners do!

Curling irons are easy to use, just clip in a lock of hair that you want to curl, curl the lock as much as you wan are the tube and let it for a couple of seconds in that position. The tube making the curling iron heats up which allows the lock that you have clipped in the iron to become malleable and shape-able so that you can either give a slight wave to your hair, make it wavy or make it fully curly, it really is up to you Smile The actual shaping/waving/curling mechanism is the same as that of hair straighteners aka flat irons! (i.e. heat the hair so that you can shape it however you want it to)

Some of the best curling irons around and with a good price are the following:
  • This curling iron: this one is a great value for money and from a solid hair care company. if your budget is a bit tight, go for this one.
  • This curling iron: this one is greatly priced and will last you much longer than the above iron as it is a more heavy duty iron.
  • This curling iron: this one is an upgrade from the second iron above. It is made of titanium which means a faster heating time and a much longer product life so out of the 3 options presented, it will be the one lasting you the longest! It is currently priced similar to the second curling iron above and that's a great price as it is usually double its current price (can reach up to low 3 figures!).

Lastly, get this special curling iron if you want to get the bets of the best curling irons. The issue with this last curling iron? It is not a clip in iron like the above 3 although using it is not difficult and the instructions are very clear. You have to use a heat-protecting globe (the linked product comes with the official glove as we as a case) and the glove is pink so that's the real only drawback Big Grin Other than that that particular linked iron is highly recommended by other professional hairstylists.

In terms of the size to choose, simply pick a curling iron between 1 to 2 inches, depending on your hair length. If you shave short hair (2 inches), then get the 1 inch irons while if you have medium length hair (3+ inches) get a 1.5 or 2 inches iron. And do NOT forget to also purchase a heat protecting hair product to protect your hair from the high temperatures achieved by the curling iron. Simply coat the hair you're going to iron with the heat protecting product and then proceed to clip in your hair and curl it Smile A great heat protecting product is this heat protecting spray.

The last one is a really good one used by professionals etc but unless you have the cash for it it is better to get the third iron curler in the list above of TMHF.
Not only you but any other of you guys wanting more variety of hairstyles with using heating tools is would be better you get the 2nd or 3rd iron in the list & then get a good hair straightener from our hair straightener thread or get a hair dryer which is also a heat styling tool from our hair dryer thread.

Lotsa guys think using styling tools is expensive but if you do your shopping smar by asking here and reading thread like this one you can get information on the best value tools out there plus some of us staff members are always updated with the latest prices of Amazon which is the best place to buy your hair products from!
01-28-2014, 10:59 AM
i used a iron for making hair curly like the moderators posted here. It was my sisters iron so i used it for some wavy texture in the front and really liked the results jaja
I am interest now in this type of iron for curly hair be cause i have a hair clipper now so my next shopping is a hair straightener and also iron for curling the hair Big Grin i got my hair clipper from this forum the information and tips of the moderators and very happy with results of clipper so now is time for more shopping for hair tools like irons and i read the advice of everyone in this forum because i know its good advice all time and amazon sends the products also to Spain!!
02-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Really great information above from the mods on curling irons mate. You will not hear much about these products in men talk but that is because many guys think that using women hair products makes them homosexual or not man enough which is of course untrue.
As a barber i am more into classic tools and hairstyles but with my age i do acknowledge the new hairstyling tools and can clearly the benefits they have for us guys. For example think of the hair straightener, some 10 years ago it was unthinkable for a guy to use one of them but now-days many guys under 30 are using straighteners. Same goes for curling irons and they also are easy to use tools in any case and not that expensive.
I have used them in the past and i can certainly confirm their use in mens hair styling. So if you already have the basic tools that been a hair clipper and a hair dryer, then go for it and get yourself the two types of irons {curling and straightener} as complements to your styling base.
Cheers mates
03-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Nothing wrong with using any of these tools imo

Sure not many men know about the curling iron. But the same could be said for the hair straightener and look how many guys now use it. Or hair spray which used to be *just* for women.

Now weather you want to make it public and tell your friends is another story haha but whichever tools you use *curler* or *straightener* you will find great benefits to change your look. For example any of the curlers that Themenshairforum posted above will do great for quiffs! actually you can straighten your hair only to then make it a bit wavy with the curling iron. A world of possibilities brah

Just dont go around getting your hair all curly to stand out weirdly like some guys do Big Grin
11-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Hi, I am a newbie, and a female - so here it goes. I use the G3 Salon Pro Curling Iron. My hair is dead straight, grey and short and I use my curling iron to give a lift to the crown and all round the back as well as curl the hair around the face with bangs. Hope this helps.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Top hair straighteners for men - List of Ionic flat irons Sunset 3 3,102 03-28-2015 12:55 PM
Last Post: Curly Dude