Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best beard trimmer to buy
11-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Best beard trimmer to buy
I am interested in a beard trimmer and looking to buy a good one, possibly the best trimmer if price is not super high. I have been seen a couple of beard trimmers in Amazon, the Philips Norelco line looks quite good but wanted to check with y'all for the best beard trimmers around and personal recommendations you may have Cool
Love this forum section already btw!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2013, 07:44 AM
RE: Best beard trimmer to buy
If you want the best beard trimmer then you've got a couple of options.

Philips Norelco QT4070 Vacuum Beard, Stubble and Mustache Trimmer Pro: this beard trimmer is from the Norelco series of Philips and a standard for beard trimming. It has a vacuum suctioning system so the trimmed hair is sucked into the vacuum and doesn't fall to the floor or sink, it's really convenient for trimming.

The Philips Norelco QT4070 is also good to go for mustache trimming and different lengths of stubble! Lastly it is one of the bestsellers in the shaving section of Amazon and it is for a reason Wink click the link with the name above or click this link to see the full features and guide of this trimmer from an excellent Amazon vendor.

Wahl Trimmer All-In-One Lithium Ion: this one is really good and brings a full kit to trim your beard, your eyebrows and even scalp hair (hair on top of your head!). It also offers a good full shave too.

The Wahl Trimmer All-In-One Lithium Ion comes with more functions than the Philips Norelco QT4070 but then the Wahl trimmer doesn't have a suction system. Click the link in the name above or click this link to see the full features and guide of this Wahl beard trimmer from a good Amazon vendor.

Whichever you choose they are both great beard trimmers Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Go with TMHF recommendation above of the Philips norelco QT4070.
I have it and it does wonders to keep everything clean without making a mess with hairs falling as you trim. U know that feel when you trim or shave your face shirtless and the trimmed beard hair gets on your chest and no amount of water gets the hair off? well this beard trimmer avoids you all of that and then some more
11-28-2013, 01:29 PM
(11-28-2013 07:44 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  If you want the best beard trimmer then you got a couple of options.

Wahl Trimmer All-In-One Lithium Ion: this one is really good and brings a full kit to trim your beard, your eyebrows and even scalp hair (hair on top of your head!). It also offers a good full shave too.

The Wahl Trimmer All-In-One Lithium Ion comes with more functions than the Philips Norelco QT4070 but then the Wahl trimmer doesn't have a suction system. Click the link in the name above or click this link to see the full features and guide of this Wahl beard trimmer from a good Amazon vendor.

Thumbs up for that Wahl trimmer mate, I have it and it trims my thick beard fantastically and since the battery is lithium it lasts enough to not have to being worry about it.
11-28-2013, 08:38 PM
(11-28-2013 07:44 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  If you want the best beard trimmer then you got a couple of options.

Philips Norelco QT4070 Vacuum Beard, Stubble and Mustache Trimmer Pro: this beard trimmer is from the Norelco series of Philips and a standard for beard trimming. It has a vacuum suctioning system so the trimmed hair is sucked into the vacuum and doesn't fall to the floor or sink, it's really convenient for trimming.

i had read about the all in one trimmer by Wahl but not the Norelco Qt4070 by Philips, so the latter - Qt4070 - sucks in the residual hair that was trimmed then?
I do keep my beard trimmed mostly as my hair is thinning + I found a beard complements thin hair very well removing the emphasis on the top hair. The price for the Qt4070 is not bad, not bad at all...am seriously interested now...credit card nearby...must keep myself away from c. card...Big GrinBig Grin
12-02-2013, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 11:39 AM by Barber.)

The Philips Norelco QT4070 is also good to go for mustache trimming and different lengths of stubble! Lastly it is one of the bestsellers in the shaving section of Amazon and it is for a reason Wink click the link with the name above or click this link to see the full features and guide of this trimmer from an excellent Amazon vendor.

The Philips Norelco posted in the link above is really worth its price.
Cheers

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
12-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Love the suggestions guys. I wasnt planning to buy a beard trimmer for christmas but the philips norelco beard trimmer quoted above by Barber looks really good!
12-14-2013, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 04:26 PM by Stevens.)
Thanks so much for the answers guys!
I was getting too much information overload before starting this thread and now it is clear to me and the recommendations have helped me a lot in making a final decision to purchase my beard trimmer.
I went with the Philips Norelco QT4070 Vacuum Beard, Stubble and Mustache Trimmer Pro (thats the full name of the trimmer lol) which is the beard trimmer that TheMensHairForum suggested and linked to first. When I clicked the link and read all the information about the the Norelco QT4070 beard trimmer, it looked too good to pass it. As always everything is much cheaper in AMazon so I bought the Norelco QT4070 beard trimmer and it arrived a couple of days later.

Pros of the Philips Norelco QT4070
- I am growing my beard for Decembeard so I have been using the beard trimmer every couple of days, the trimming of the beard hair is smooth and fast. My beard is naturally thick but the beard trimmer has no probs going thru the mass of hair.

- The vacuum really works!! my girl is very happy with that as I usually make a mess when I work on my facial hair.

- Easy to handle, lighter than a hair clipper and looks pretty sleek too.

- My medium length beard is trimmed nicely to an even length, my co-workers have asked me what I have been doing to my beard and even one of the ladies at work said the trimmed beard gave me a 'Hollywood look' Big Grin (she was serious!)

Cons of the Philips Norelco QT4070
- Unless I managed to lose it when I was opening the package, the beard trimmer didn't include a beard comb. Combing your beard before trimming it helps getting a better trim so add a cheap comb to the shopping basket in Amazon when buying this beard trimmer. I have read that most beard trimmers dont include a beard comb anyway so it's not like its a big "con".

- Cleaning the vacuum is not hard or too time consuming but there is no small bag where the hairs is collected like you have in a household vacuum cleaner. Instead the hairs go into a small compartment and you have to clean it. Not a major task whatsoever and I rather have my trimmed hair vacuumed than have it all fall on the sink and on my chest and even down there where the sun dont shine (some itchy sh*t).

I'm happy with the Philips Norelco QT4070 and it is trimming my thick beard nicely. When I grow my beard it will take me a couple of days only to start looking like am homeless and this beard trimmer has changed that to improving my overall appearance and style (combined with a good hairstyle of course! Big Grin).
I bought the Philips Norelco QT4070 from the same vendor that TheMensHairForum linked to below. The shipping was fast, didnt experience any probs or delays even now close to Christmas so go with that vendor if you want the beard trimmer delivered safely.

12-18-2013, 02:34 PM
(12-14-2013 04:21 PM)Stevens Wrote:  Thanks so much for the answers guys!
I was getting too much information overload before starting this thread and now it is clear to me and the recommendations have helped me a lot in making a final decision to purchase my beard trimmer.
I went with the Philips Norelco QT4070 Vacuum Beard, Stubble and Mustache Trimmer Pro (thats the full name of the trimmer lol) which is the beard trimmer that TheMensHairForum suggested and linked to first. When I clicked the link and read all the information about the the Norelco QT4070 beard trimmer, it looked too good to pass it. As always everything is much cheaper in AMazon so I bought the Norelco QT4070 beard trimmer and it arrived a couple of days later.

Pros of the Philips Norelco QT4070
- I am growing my beard for Decembeard so I have been using the beard trimmer every couple of days, the trimming of the beard hair is smooth and fast. My beard is naturally thick but the beard trimmer has no probs going thru the mass of hair.

- The vacuum really works!! my girl is very happy with that as I usually make a mess when I work on my facial hair.

- Easy to handle, lighter than a hair clipper and looks pretty sleek too.

- My medium length beard is trimmed nicely to an even length, my co-workers have asked me what I have been doing to my beard and even one of the ladies at work said the trimmed beard gave me a 'Hollywood look' Big Grin (she was serious!)

Cons of the Philips Norelco QT4070
- Unless I managed to lose it when I was opening the package, the beard trimmer didn't include a beard comb. Combing your beard before trimming it helps getting a better trim so add a cheap comb to the shopping basket in Amazon when buying this beard trimmer. I have read that most beard trimmers dont include a beard comb anyway so it's not like its a big "con".

- Cleaning the vacuum is not hard or too time consuming but there is no small bag where the hairs is collected like you have in a household vacuum cleaner. Instead the hairs go into a small compartment and you have to clean it. Not a major task whatsoever and I rather have my trimmed hair vacuumed than have it all fall on the sink and on my chest and even down there where the sun dont shine (some itchy sh*t).

I'm happy with the Philips Norelco QT4070 and it is trimming my thick beard nicely. When I grow my beard it will take me a couple of days only to start looking like am homeless and this beard trimmer has changed that to improving my overall appearance and style (combined with a good hairstyle of course! Big Grin).
I bought the Philips Norelco QT4070 from the same vendor that TheMensHairForum linked to below. The shipping was fast, didnt experience any probs or delays even now close to Christmas so go with that vendor if you want the beard trimmer delivered safely.

that is such a detail review of the Norelco QT4070 trimmer Stevens thank you !

Elena
12-26-2015, 05:56 AM
(11-27-2013 05:29 PM)Stevens Wrote:  I am interested in a beard trimmer and looking to buy a good one, possibly the best trimmer if price is not super high. I have been seen a couple of beard trimmers in Amazon, the Philips Norelco line looks quite good but wanted to check with y'all for the best beard trimmers around and personal recommendations you may have Cool
Love this forum section already btw!!

You may simply check the Philips Norelco shavers. Those shavers are really great to shave and trim. I have been using Philips Norelco for past 5 months and it really seems cool to me.
09-29-2016, 05:38 AM
Right now I'm using a Panasonic ER-GB80 trimmer to shave my beard and mustache and it's perfect for me. The price was quite decent (around $70). It looks like one of the best beard trimmers on the market as far as I read on several articles.
Of course, if you also shave your beard completely from time to time, then you can go with an electric shaver which can have a trimmer head also.
10-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Hello,

have you decided upon any of the above trimmers? Did you buy the Phillips?
I am also interested in buying a new trimmer and I am also doing some research... I cannot decide, though Huh

Cheers!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Review of Wahl 9937 Lithium Ion Triple Play Shaver/Trimmer/Detailer A London Barber 0 114 10-26-2016 03:50 PM
Last Post: A London Barber
  using 0.1mm hair clipper / beard trimmer for facial hair shmizan 0 231 10-15-2016 09:11 AM
Last Post: shmizan
  Hair and beard trimmer clipper - WAHL HyVriD 1 173 10-07-2016 11:40 AM
Last Post: Joseph.davidson
  Hair trimmer in Europe? Rdam010 0 427 01-15-2016 12:46 AM
Last Post: Rdam010