Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best aftershave for men? Advice from shaving experts please
09-30-2014, 03:25 PM
Information Best aftershave for men? Advice from shaving experts please
Hello I am very interested to know the advice of the shaving experts here: what is the best aftershave for men? I read great shaving advice in this forum and (for me) this forum is number 1 for hair and shaving questions plus answers! Smile I hope you can help me to find the best aftershave. Where I live in Spain... ok... my opinion: we are behind in time compared to USA for shaving products lol because we only have the really commercial brands. rats brands Big Grin

I buy hair products and some shaving products from Amazon all the time. I discover the huge offer of products in Amazon thanks to this forum! Shipping to Spain plus the price of a product from Amazon in USA is cheaper than the product in Spain and in online spanish stores. I buy everything now from Amazon after I discover from this forum how cheap mens products are. So I am now looking at aftershaves. But I cannot decide which is the best aftershave to buy!!

My skin is ok with razor shaving. A few times there is very minor irritation but it is ok. I don't care about alcohol in aftershaves. It is ok for me. I just want the best aftershave for men. Well ok... not super expensive but the best for a good price! I know this is asking for the magic product lol but I know the shaving experts in the forum can recommend some magic as always.

Please also other forum members offer your thoughts. I have been using the aftershave from Dove for men. It is ok but I want a better experience. Thank you and sorry for my english! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Best aftershave for men? Advice from shaving experts please
Now that's a question! Shaving is an essential for men, yet shaving can cause irritation and razor burn. Aftershaves can be a great tool in cooling down razor burn and irritation from a clean shave or just leaving the skin refreshed.

Aftershaves have to work well in not only cooling the face down and moisturizing it but also have to work well in giving your shaved face a clean revitalized look, not to mention that they should smell neutral or good but not over-powering. Aftershave can be expensive and you mention a good price so I am posting below 5 of the best men's aftershaves that are priced considerably low.

I cannot post links but I am sure the mods can post to the right vendors after my post as they usually know good places to get shaving products and especially in Amazon!

Gillette Series After Shave Gel for Sensitive Skin

This men's aftershave by Gillette is perfect for anyone who has sensitive skin that gets affected while shaving. I use this aftershave and can vouch for its crisp scent, revitalizing effects on the face, and clean feeling. I frequently get razor burn so this aftershave actually cools the face down after a full shave.

Old Spice Classic After Shave

This men's after shave by Old Spice is a great product that leaves you feeling refreshed after use. This aftershave has the classic old spice scent that is distinct to the brand, and always smells nice. This aftershave can be used even if you have not recently shaved, it will make your skin feel nice after a shower, before a date, or on any occasion.

Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue After Shave

The Aqua Velva after shave is always great after a full shave; I have used this product in the past and I was satisfied with it for what it costed me. This men's aftershave is usually priced good and it offers a clean refreshing splash that cooled down my face after a full shave. This product is not the best for sensitive skin, but for everyone else it works very well.

Nivea For Men After Shave Cooling Balm

I am a fan of the Nivea for Men range of aftershaves. The Nivea company makes great men's bathroom products, and does not stop at this men's aftershave. This aftershave provides a clean and energetic feel after shaving for normal skin. This product actually makes your face look healthy especially after a warm shower when the face can get dehydrated.

Nivea For Men: For Sensitive Skin After Shave Extra Soothing Balm

Nivea makes a great aftershave in this sensitive soothing balm. This aftershave is perfect for anyone with sensitive skin; sensitive skin can make your face irritated from the razor when shaving, having a good aftershave is vital. This product will cool the skin leaving it healthy looking and cool. My skin gets irritated from shaving like crazy and this aftershave balm really soothes the irritation. That should tell you something! If you can get several bottles of the stuff so it lasts you a super long amount of time.

The above is my two cents. I am going by your mention of good prices too. Most cheap aftershaves are garbage but there are some good affordable treasures like the 5 above. However stay tunes to what the mods or others have to say on men's aftershaves.
11-15-2014, 12:54 PM
I like Pinaud Clubman. It's an alcohol based splash on so it's not going to have the moisturizing effects of a cream, but I don't seem to need a cream for my skin. I love the scent; it's got that old time barber shop smell and isn't over powerful. The stuff's been around since 1810 so they're doing something right. I get it at my local drug store for $5.99 for a 6oz bottle.
12-11-2014, 01:25 PM
I use Nivea for men and boy is it good. Somehow it gives you that soft feeling but not that thick fatty feeling so maybe it does not include fat?
12-23-2014, 06:58 AM
I've been trying out several after shaves lately and found another that I really like. It's very reminiscent of that old barber shop smell. My wife likes the Clubman, but is also quite fond of the Fine now too. They have a few other scents in their lineup that I haven't tried yet.
04-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Does shaving make the hair more thick?
05-29-2016, 12:50 AM
Hello itss am newbie in here letmme
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up How to Shave your Face - Wet Shaving Guide and Products Sunset 19 9,135 10-18-2016 10:53 PM
Last Post: Adam11
  Top mens shaving gels for sensitive skin Sunset 7 5,400 09-14-2016 04:22 PM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  For black men which shaving cream is best? AfroJay 3 14,487 12-20-2013 08:38 AM
Last Post: Robert