Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Styling Wax for my type of Straight Wavy Hair?
08-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Best Styling Wax for my type of Straight Wavy Hair?
My hair is 95% straight. The only complaint I have with it is that I have the front part of my hair which is wavy/curly. It is not super Curly but enough to be noticeable. I can not have a really nice looking comb over because that part of my hair is curly. My hair is around 4 inches long and a number 1 on the sides. I have managed to have a semi good looking comb over with gel. But the gel I use is cheap 4 dollar gel I buy at CVS.

One complaint is that the gel doesn't have enough hold. I have been looking to also using wax or pomade but I am scared that the hold is not strong enough to try and manage my curls at the front. I can not style my hair dry I have to dampen it to manage.

Any hair products I can use to help keep a nice looking hairstyle. I do not mind taking 15 minutes to style my hair, I have been also blow drying that part of my hair the last few months but I do not want to damage my hair or mistreat it. I am looking forward to your responses and thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2015, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 08:11 PM by finehairdocare.)
RE: Best Wax For my type of hair?
If you are trying to go for a more matte look i would try blow drying your hair straight and then adding some Hanz de Fuko Claymation or ADH Dry. if you want hold you can go with a water based pomade such as grants, it will give you great hold but some stiffness. my favorite mixture is adding a paste to the hair when damp blow-drying into shape and then adding a pea size of DAX to it for some shine.
08-05-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Best Wax For my type of hair?
(08-05-2015 08:10 PM)finehairdocare Wrote:  If you are trying to go for a more matte look i would try blow drying your hair straight and then adding some Hanz de Fuko Claymation or ADH Dry. if you want hold you can go with a water based pomade such as grants, it will give you great hold but some stiffness. my favorite mixture is adding a paste to the hair when damp blow-drying into shape and then adding a pea size of DAX to it for some shine.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. So you think a pomade would better suit me? I think I honestly prefer having a bit of a shiny, look. Not like super shiny but some shine. Also the water based pomades do they have as much hold as a wax?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,699 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  How to straighten wavy hair MPrince 0 238 08-20-2016 08:35 AM
Last Post: MPrince
  Styling cream DaHansan 0 252 08-14-2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: DaHansan
  What styling hair products Jax Teller uses (Charlie Hunnam)? SAMCRO 11 39,574 07-19-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: beardlover