Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Product For Faster Hair Growth
02-24-2015, 07:31 PM
Best Product For Faster Hair Growth
I'm currently trying to grow my hair to achieve a slickback undercut style. Can anyone recommend a good product to make my hair grow faster?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2015, 08:59 AM
RE: Best Product For Faster Hair Growth
Try some whey protein preparation, organic is better which is what I used. I have noticed faster hair growth by using whey protein daily although the boost in hair growth speed wasn't huge but it was worth using whey protein for it. I took the idea from this forum and also from the men's hair book. In theory it makes sense as hair is protein at the end of it. That doesn't mean that stuffing your self with whey protein shakes is going to get you much faster hair growth than just using one scoop or two scoops a day. AFAIK any excess protein beyond a point is simply pass thru the urine.

Try to get whey protein on its own and not the stuff with added rats that bodybuilders use. Whey protein comes from milk so it's a healthy supplement for men anyway. A friend of mine is a vegan and doesn't drink milk because of the bloat so I mentioned to her to use whey protein. She also noticed the faster hair growth with whey. Her nails also grew faster so go figure. She was also doing one scoop a day which is like twenty grams of protein a day. One or two scoops of whey protein comes out to be really cheap, I'm talking cents per day here.
You can try the organic whey protein in this thread where they talk about good hair nutrition.
I tried sums of the other recommended products in the thread for my hair loss and they also worked Smile

Other stuff i have noticed to increase my hair growth speed is fish oil, biotin and Rogaine. Sorry but I cannot single out any of the three as the main product to increase hair growth if any of them was the main product. I did notice that using the three products daily my hair grew faster than normal and looked better. Fish oil I took in capsules, biotin in pill form and Rogaine in foam form. FTR Rogaine is a hair loss product that works by improving the nutrient delivery to the hair follicles. I used Rogaine for hair loss and not for faster hair growth. However it would be interesting to see Rogaine increasing hair growth speed. Maybe some of the guys with more knowledge in the forum can help or someone has tested Rogaine for faster hair growth.
Tea tree oil for faster hair growth also shows good promise from what I have read.

My two cents!
03-04-2015, 09:40 AM
The way to get faster hair growth is through your diet.
There aren't hair products that are are going to speed up your hair growth rate any more than your genes permit.

The only way (that I can think of right now) to get your hair to grow faster than your genes permit if by using liothyronine to mimic a hyperthyroid scenario. However, liothyronine is a thyroid hormone that is very dangerous if not supervised by a specialized doctor. Likewise, no doctor will ever prescribe to you liothyronine to achieve faster hair growth. The only prescribed uses for liothyronine are for hypothyroidism and depression. Trying to use this medication on your own is something that I highly recommend anyone not to do as is very dangerous and the medication is doctor-prescribed only. I only mention liothyronine as a product/medication that does speed up hair growth for the sake of medical curiosity and to show you how extremely unlikely any other OTC hair product is going to make your hair growth faster than what your follicles can genetically do.

Aside from the above, you can, however, get your hair to grow faster within the realms of what your genes allow. What this means is that you may be right now missing on the potential to grow your hair faster because you may have a bad diet.

A healthy, nutrient-dense diet is imperative to maximize your hair growth potential. Nutrients like protein, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, vitamin C, vitamin A and biotin are involved directly or indirectly in the manufacturing of hair at the follicle level. Any deficiency in any of these nutrients is bound to affect your hair in some way or another: slower hair growth, shorter life span of your hair strands, brittle hair or lower sebum secretion.

Following from the above and just to reiterate, the best way to get your hair to grow faster is through a healthy, nutrient-dense diet. I advise you to speak to a nutritionist or doctor to consider changing your diet or to include supplements into your diet so as to provide extra quantities of the hair-friendly nutrients.

Knowing if you're mildly deficient in any of the nutrients needed for optimal hair growth is hard to tell, so it's a good idea to simply obtain a daily's worth of nutrients from supplementation aside from what you may get from your diet alone. However, mega dosing (i.e. taking many times more the daily needs of nutrients) will not further speed up your hair growth.

We have a very useful men's hair nutrients discussion in the link that goes through all the valuable nutrients for men's hair and where to get them from. I suggest that you have a look at that discussion and consider getting some of those supplements if you really want to maximize your hair growth potential and hair growth speed.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Other products useful for hair growth are tea tree oil, MSM, biotin and ketoconazole.
There are also some experimental products that MAY help to speed up hair growth, but the data backing up this claim is mostly anecdotal.

Tea tree oil:

Tea tree oil has been reported to thicken hair as well as speed up hair growth in rats. Tea tee oil is also anti-bacterial and helps with issues like dandruff. Its use in hair products is becoming more popular after the researching providing these hair-growing qualities in rats. I personally feel a mild difference when using tea tree oil hair products, and they may be worth a try for you.

If you're interested in a good tea tree oil hair product, I'd start by getting THIS shampoo and conditioner which will last you months.

Methylsulfonylmethane (aka MSM):

MSM is also believed to make hair grow faster, especially when combined with biotin. However, there are many low-quality MSM products out there which don't do anything, so it's imperative to use a high-quality MSM product. A good MSM product need not to be expensive and I highly recommend this MSM product here as a great MSM product that is also cheap enough to be worth giving it a try. It also comes with potent tablets, so you get even more bang for your buck. I recommend that you buy 2 bottles instead of one so as to use the product for a couple of months since using MSM (with biotin, see below) can take up to 6 months to yield the favorable hair growth rate benefits.

If you're going to use MSM, I also recommend you to use biotin at the same time. An excellent biotin product is THIS one here which not only is it an excellent product but is actually very cheap and will last you a very long time. I'd recommend you to buy two bottles instead of one so that you can give the product (together with the MSM) a long try as the MSM and biotin combination can take up to 6 months to start showing noticeable positive changes in your hair.

Ketoconazole (aka Keto):

Another product that shows potential in improving hair growth and hair growth speed is ketoconazole. This is an anti-fungal compound that is extremely useful against dandruff. Not only that but ketoconazole has shown potential in taming male pattern baldness and helping to regain hair faster.

Ketoconazole can be safely used by anyone, even if he/she doesn't suffer from dandruff or hair loss. So, if you're interested in maximizing your hair growth speed, then ketoconazole is worth the try, especially if you're going to be using MSM and biotin.

Ketoconazole usually comes as a shampoo, so if you also want to use the tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner I recommended earlier, you can alternate between the tea tree oil shampoo and the ketoconazole shampoo. You can use the tea tree oil conditioner regardless of whether you're using the ketoconazole shampoo or tea tree oil shampoo.

An excellent ketoconazole that is the flagship of the industry is THIS ketoconazole shampoo which not only is it an excellent product but is also cheap enough to try it. Again, if your budget allows for it, buy two packs instead of one of the recommended ktoconazole shampoo in the link. That way, you can keep using it for a couple of months together with the MSM, biotin and tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner!

Minoxidil may help to speed up hair growth and I have seen quite some personal anecdotes claiming that it does. However, the increase in speed of hair growth has been on men who were suffering from male pattern baldness, so, if you aren't suffering from male pattern baldness, it's uncertain whether you will benefit from a faster hair growth rate or not. Still, if you have the budget for it and really want to use everything that can remotely help you to have your hair growth faster and thicker, then you may try minoxidil.

Minoxidil is used primarily for men with male pattern baldness who want to stop losing hair. Minoxidil improves the nutrient delivery to the follicle in men with male pattern baldness, which is quite possibly why balding men using minoxidil have noticed that their hair grows faster on minoxidil too.

Minoxidil is the chemical compound itself, and the minoxidil product most known in the industry is Rogaine. There are other brands for minoxidil-based products, but Rogaine has passed the test of time. Have a look at our OTC hair loss products discussion to see all the recommended minoxidil-based products, both from Rogaine and from other high-quality brands Smile

Other products to grow hair faster:

Lastly, there are other products that may help to grow your hair faster, but they have even less data backing them up than the products above. I'm talking of other hair loss products like salicylic acid as well as caffeine (in caffeine shampoos). If you're feeling experimental, you can try these products too. They're also listed in the OTC hair loss discussion linked above.

Overall, I would focus on getting a good amount of hair-friendly nutrients through your diet and supplementation and then try the products I've just recommended if you want to get the most of your hair growth potential. You can try them at the same time or one by one, up to you, but the MSM and biotin combination is especially useful to try together and not one by one.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-05-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: Best Product For Faster Hair Growth
Damn that was a huge post from admin! very useful info he has given out and I agree 100% with the hair products that he has recommended to grow hair faster.

About the MSM and biotin, this is something that I've used in the past and noticed faster hair growth. I've also heard of good experiences from customers using MSM + biotin so it's worth a shot. The MSM used to be more expensive some years ago and I'm surprised with how cheap it is these days especially considering the MSM recommended by admin above as that's a really good brand and the product comes with a big supply of tablets.

I think hair products in all their glory have actually got cheaper compared to say 5 years ago in 2010. I've seen that so much more with hair products sold in the USA and Amazon. Not so much here in the UK tho. Also I'm amazed with the ability of admin to find mens hair products from great brands at such low prices from US and UK vendors Smile

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is the best product for short/faded hairstyle? willhtun 1 295 07-21-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: willhtun
  Volumizing hair mousse or product for styling thin hair? 92GTA 2 479 06-15-2016 08:12 PM
Last Post: 92GTA
  What type of product did he use? oasnap 1 439 04-19-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: streaks of wavy
  Product needed for growing wavy hair streaks of wavy 0 318 04-17-2016 11:21 AM
Last Post: streaks of wavy