Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Hair Products for Men - Epic List 5 15
Best Hair Products for Men - Epic List
01-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Wavy curly hair can look awesome with a basic hair-care routine for curly men's hair!
Absolutely!

Your type of curly hair has a lot of aesthetic potential by itself as coiled curls keep their shape very well once you've worked out a basic hair-care routine. Likewise, coiled curls as yours have plenty of volume but, if you're wanting to grow them long, they (curls) will start to hang down at about 8 to 10 inches in length, which looks really cool in bi-racial males (from my many-years experience in this industry).

We've got tons of curly-hairstyle guides in this forum too so I'd highly recommend that you browse through the many forum guides to narrow down your favorite hairstyles (in case you don't have any just yet). If unsure as to what to pick, you can always start a thread. I've upgraded your account so that you have full forum privileges and can post pictures if you so desire.

Very happy to hear about another curly dude who benefits from this forum and who sees the light to start rocking his curls. Our legion of dapper-haired guys is growing fast!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Best Hair Products for Men - Epic List
Just bought the TIGI hairspray and wax so after a few sessions with them I'll give a review.

Fudge Skyscraper and got2b blast spray are two amazing hairsprays for everyone to use.
04-05-2017, 04:47 AM
I am Looking for the Styling Park Avenue Hair Gel for men. Is there any offer available on that at present?
06-18-2017, 05:33 PM
(04-05-2017 04:47 AM)Samayra Wrote:  I am Looking for the Styling Park Avenue Hair Gel for men. Is there any offer available on that at present?

Check Amazon?
10-27-2017, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2017 07:34 PM by ceyyto.)
All hair product list at a place. I need a pomade so, I am thinking to buy this Suavecito Pomade from your list.
09-11-2018, 04:46 AM
Interesting! People always do interesting things without reasons. Here some dude has provided some interesting list with fun! Nothing personal but I enjoyed it ... Though I have no list to provide. But I'm lucky some people have the list and I can only enlighten myself. Smile B|
09-11-2018, 12:31 PM
Well the recommended products in this thread (first page) are excellent picks to this day in 2018 going on to 2019. That's for sure. I can vouch for most products from my personal experience as a barber (using them or from our barbershop customers).

Solid thread and guide!
09-20-2018, 09:00 AM
New member here but I have been reading this forum for years. Mainly because my hair has been thinning for the last 3 years and this forum has been a goldmine of information and advice for me.

My experience with five of the hair products recommended in the first page of this thread:
  • Rogaine: bought the Rogaine in the link and have been using it for the last twelve months. Good results so far compared to my hair thinning before using it. People have commented on it so that's nice to hear considering the money 'Im spending on it.
  • Thickening hair conditioner: it works enough to make a bit of a change. I think it's good money spent but others may not see it that way.
  • Suavecito: great pomade and doesn't make my already thin hair look like it's been coated in engine oil.
  • Conair hair dryer: not the best but it's good for my occasional use. I follow the advice in the Mens Hair book (see below) of using a hair dryer to get better hair volume for my hairstyles.
  • The Mens Hair book: it's thanks to this book that I didn't give up on my hair. Lots of tips for thinning hair and whatnot. Not to mention that everything in the book works even with minimal effort. Great book and Rogelio Samson is the GOAT for mens hair. I'm actually growing my hair longer for the first time since my hair thinning thanks to him.
Just my experience. Hope I formatted the post correctly! Smile
Cheers!
09-23-2018, 06:20 AM
(09-20-2018 09:00 AM)RomanAct Wrote:  New member here but I have been reading this forum for years. Mainly because my hair has been thinning for the last 3 years and this forum has been a goldmine of information and advice for me.

My experience with five of the hair products recommended in the first page of this thread:
  • Rogaine: bought the Rogaine in the link and have been using it for the last twelve months. Good results so far compared to my hair thinning before using it. People have commented on it so that's nice to hear considering the money 'Im spending on it.
  • Thickening hair conditioner: it works enough to make a bit of a change. I think it's good money spent but others may not see it that way.
  • Suavecito: great pomade and doesn't make my already thin hair look like it's been coated in engine oil.
  • Conair hair dryer: not the best but it's good for my occasional use. I follow the advice in the Mens Hair book (see below) of using a hair dryer to get better hair volume for my hairstyles.
  • The Mens Hair book: it's thanks to this book that I didn't give up on my hair. Lots of tips for thinning hair and whatnot. Not to mention that everything in the book works even with minimal effort. Great book and Rogelio Samson is the GOAT for mens hair. I'm actually growing my hair longer for the first time since my hair thinning thanks to him.
Just my experience. Hope I formatted the post correctly! Smile
Cheers!

Good highlight of your experience using those products.

If you want additional hair volume, use the recommended hair mousse to style your hair as you blow dry it. The problem with pomade is that it tends to weigh the hair down, which doesn't help to add bulk. The pomade that you're using is one of the least offending ones for this purpose (i.e. hair volume), though. The oldschool pomades from back in the day (think 1970s) are the worst offenders and do give that engine-oil look that you mention.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-14-2018, 09:58 AM
The product recommendations are on point and so is the rest of the thread. Many of these products are what I would also recommend to our barbershop customers.

For black hair nothing is better than using a conditioner and then coconut butter or shea butter to close in the moisture in the cuticle. Good to see you guys recommending these two types of products too since they are not as mainstream as say pomades or hair gel.
11-30-2018, 02:22 PM
It's so awesome to see this thread still going forward well into 2019!! This along with other guides has helped me a lot with my long hair. Basically a conditioner and a leave in conditioner. Two products that are a must for long hair men. I find hair care is just as important though as hair products since long hair requires some additional maintenance to short hair.
As far as hair products go this thread is impecable but check out the men's hair book for the hair care important stuff. Also browse this forum as lots of advice already in many of this forum's threads. Doesn't take that long and if you can get that book too then you're as good to go as you could possible be!! Smile
12-05-2018, 01:19 PM
Great job keeping an updated list of hair products for men that work. I'm on my Suavecito pomade and loving it. I like to keep it simple but some of the hair products listed look very interesting for other hairstyles I'm looking to try. I've gone through many hairstyle guides in this forum and see that some hair products are better suited for specific men's hairstyles.

How about the book on men's hair that many people rave about? I believe the name of the author is Rogelio Samson. I could do with some better hair knowledge and not just about hairstyles. Does the book cover more than simply hairstyles?
12-07-2018, 02:25 PM
This is exactly the type of list of mens hair products I was looking for! I started a thread on hair products for my hair but I see that everything has been covered here already. I see that water pomades are favored overall instead of the older oil pomades. Any good oil pomade that doesn't turn my hair into goo?
12-07-2018, 03:59 PM
(12-05-2018 01:19 PM)Beard on Minoxidil Wrote:  Great job keeping an updated list of hair products for men that work. I'm on my Suavecito pomade and loving it. I like to keep it simple but some of the hair products listed look very interesting for other hairstyles I'm looking to try. I've gone through many hairstyle guides in this forum and see that some hair products are better suited for specific men's hairstyles.

How about the book on men's hair that many people rave about? I believe the name of the author is Rogelio Samson. I could do with some better hair knowledge and not just about hairstyles. Does the book cover more than simply hairstyles?

Yes, The Men's Hair Book goes through everything on men's hair, not just hairstyles. Correct grooming of the hair is far more important than hairstyling because hair that's properly groomed will look great even when not styled. Badly groomed hair will look ok even with the best hairstyle and products.

That's why a book like The Men's Hair Book is a must read book for all males wanting better hair. We keep several copies of the book on our barbershop for customers to read and get ideas from.
12-07-2018, 04:04 PM
(12-07-2018 02:25 PM)Dapper to be Wrote:  This is exactly the type of list of mens hair products I was looking for! I started a thread on hair products for my hair but I see that everything has been covered here already. I see that water pomades are favored overall instead of the older oil pomades. Any good oil pomade that doesn't turn my hair into goo?

There are still some good oil based pomades but most are outdated. If you want a good one that won't leave your hair oily for days, then see this oil pomade which was used by Elvis Presley back in his days. Some of our older barbershop customers still use that pomade while the younger guys tend to go for the one listed from Suavecito or this one from Layrite.
12-09-2018, 08:29 AM
This thread is still going strong hey! Thanks for keeping the list of mens hair products updated regularly for reference. I keep returning to browsing the list every once in a while and it's golden. Goes to show that good hair products for men will stand the test of time if they're truly good.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mens Hairstyles and Hair Products – Official Product Guide on How to Use and Combine TheMensHairForum 3 27,674 03-23-2017 12:22 PM
Last Post: Hockeyflow42
  Hair products for messy hairstyles Anton 12 54,233 03-11-2017 10:05 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Best hair products for slicked back hairstyle Lordius 14 260,313 11-05-2015 11:26 AM
Last Post: ad4mkoala
  Top hair straighteners for men - List of Ionic flat irons Sunset 3 4,683 03-28-2015 12:55 PM
Last Post: Curly Dude