Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Begginer workouts?
04-26-2014, 05:31 AM
Begginer workouts?
Ok so I want to start getting fit over the next year , Ive looked around for ages and there is a lot of information about starting (Which is good) but there are so many that say this is best thing to do and certain information not telling you enough (For example they tell you the workout , But not how many times you can do it etc)

So just wondering if there are any tips or anywhere you could point me to for this , Im quite skinny , never done any previous workouts or anything.

I found a website called HASfits , Which has a range of videos on there and there are a few workouts which (While I haven't looked to much into them , Nor would I know if they would work even if I did) they look quite informative , Tell you everything you need to know and how long it lasts for , EG the first workout program is 30 days (Or longer if you need it to be)

The first one being

30 Day Low Impact Beginner Program

Then

30 Day Challenge to Get in Shape:

Then

Warrior 90:

Then

Hero 90:

Last one being

90 Day Workout Schedule to Build Muscle:

Along with a program you can use with the above

30 Days to Get Six Pack Abs:

Im not sure If I can link the website or the page where I got this information from , So if not then let me know but here is where I got the information from :

So would that be good to do for the year to get me started with fitness and to build up a decent level of fitness etc? , Or would you guys suggest something else?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 01:10 PM
RE: Begginer workouts?
Jonny, if you want to post a link, ask first. That website is full of fitness myths and bad advice, and we don't link out to any site that thrives on giving out rats advice.

The link itself didn't describe what the workouts were, but I browsed the site and the workouts are nothing but stupid exercises made to fool newbies into thinking they are exercising. If you want to get in shape, you need to be doing full body exercises and training hard right from the start with full body workouts.

If you go to ManlyCurls.com and search for Rogelio's transformation and his Manly Strength routine, you will get a solid routine and a lot of inspiration. It took him 4 months to get ripped and and he got to doing power cleans with close to 300lbs in just 4 months. The guy is the pure definition of a "beast". You can browse his training videos in his Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/manlycurlsdotcom

He has links to the programs in his site. I was doing his Manly Strength routine for quite some time but my job and traveling has really killed my fitness motivation. With the Manly Strength program I did however get in shape fast, built muscle in places I didn't even know I could build muscle (derriere and lower back) and I also lost fat from the super intense training that the program has you doing. You will get a lot of soreness because you have to squat 3 times per week and change the reps. Apparently Rogelio was squatting 5 times per week but he recommends only 3 times per week to newbies as he admits he likes to intensify everything he does LOL the guy is a beast.

Other training routines I have done are a bodybuilding split with 3 days. One day I do legs, the other day I do chest and arms and the other I do back. I prefer full body workouts like the Manly Strength workout but when I sometimes just do the split bodybuilding routines as they are not as intense. You can also do 5 times per week and divide the body parts even more. I don't like to do more than 3 days per week of gym as I prefer that weekly type of training rather than go to the gym almost every day.

We have some fitness and gym forum members, even some miscers Big Grin I think it is Aesthetix29 who is really into training so maybe send him a PM if he doesn't see this thread (this is his forum profile). Rogelio is also a forum member but he usually only browses briefly the forums as he is too busy most of the time and gets a lot of questions every day, the best way to ask him for advice is by posting a question in the commenting section of Manly Curls. I will try to ask Jurgen what he thinks as he also goes to the gym and he looks like he lifts (but he is one hell of an ugly dude Big GrinBig Grin just don't say I told you that Big GrinBig Grin).

Oh and try to get some actual instructions of the exercises in the gym from a qualified trainer. You don't need a personal trainer, but some dude who is an employee and can show you a couple exercises like barbell rows, squats to parallel or below, bench press, shoulder press, deadlift (if possible) and some more compound exercises.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-26-2014, 07:15 PM
(04-26-2014 01:10 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Jonny, if you want to post a link, ask first. That website is full of fitness myths and bad advice, and we don't link out to any site that thrives on giving out rats advice.

The link itself didn't describe what the workouts were, but I browsed the site and the workouts are nothing but stupid exercises made to fool newbies into thinking they are exercising. If you want to get in shape, you need to be doing full body exercises and training hard right from the start with full body workouts.

If you go to ManlyCurls.com and search for Rogelio's transformation and his Manly Strength routine, you will get a solid routine and a lot of inspiration. It took him 4 months to get ripped and and he got to doing power cleans with close to 300lbs in just 4 months. The guy is the pure definition of a "beast". You can browse his training videos in his Youtube channel:

He has links to the programs in his site. I was doing his Manly Strength routine for quite some time but my job and traveling has really killed my fitness motivation. With the Manly Strength program I did however get in shape fast, built muscle in places I didn't even know I could build muscle (derriere and lower back) and I also lost fat from the super intense training that the program has you doing. You will get a lot of soreness because you have to squat 3 times per week and change the reps. Apparently Rogelio was squatting 5 times per week but he recommends only 3 times per week to newbies as he admits he likes to intensify everything he does LOL the guy is a beast.

Other training routines I have done are a bodybuilding split with 3 days. One day I do legs, the other day I do chest and arms and the other I do back. I prefer full body workouts like the Manly Strength workout but when I sometimes just do the split bodybuilding routines as they are not as intense. You can also do 5 times per week and divide the body parts even more. I don't like to do more than 3 days per week of gym as I prefer that weekly type of training rather than go to the gym almost every day.

We have some fitness and gym forum members, even some miscers Big Grin I think it is Aesthetix29 who is really into training so maybe send him a PM if he doesn't see this thread (this is his forum profile). Rogelio is also a forum member but he usually only browses briefly the forums as he is too busy most of the time and gets a lot of questions every day, the best way to ask him for advice is by posting a question in the commenting section of Manly Curls. I will try to ask Jurgen what he thinks as he also goes to the gym and he looks like he lifts (but he is one hell of an ugly dude Big GrinBig Grin just don't say I told you that Big GrinBig Grin).

Oh and try to get some actual instructions of the exercises in the gym from a qualified trainer. You don't need a personal trainer, but some dude who is an employee and can show you a couple exercises like barbell rows, squats to parallel or below, bench press, shoulder press, deadlift (if possible) and some more compound exercises.

Ok sorry wasn't sure about the rules on posting the link , Thanks for clearing it up and in regards to the exercises not working , That's strange as they have a YouTube channel with over 150k Subscribers , A website and a Free app (Though I haven't used it so not sure if its good) but just seems strange so much effort would go into giving advice without the proper knowledge , As well as building up a big fanbase.

Ill have a look at the links and suggestions you made now and also look at contacting Aesthetix29 at some point too , Thanks.
05-03-2014, 12:52 PM
(04-26-2014 07:15 PM)Jonny Wrote:  
(04-26-2014 01:10 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Jonny, if you want to post a link, ask first. That website is full of fitness myths and bad advice, and we don't link out to any site that thrives on giving out rats advice.

Ok sorry wasn't sure about the rules on posting the link , Thanks for clearing it up and in regards to the exercises not working , That's strange as they have a YouTube channel with over 150k Subscribers , A website and a Free app (Though I haven't used it so not sure if its good) but just seems strange so much effort would go into giving advice without the proper knowledge , As well as building up a big fanbase.

Ill have a look at the links and suggestions you made now and also look at contacting Aesthetix29 at some point too , Thanks.

You know the guy from SixPack Shortcuts right? MILLIONS of Youtube subscribers & the guy knows nothing about real fitness & training. Even the guys form bb.com laugh at him & make fun of his workouts. In serious training websites & forums the guy has been called out. They even called him out for his scammy before & after pictures lol just cause someone has thousands of Youtube subscribers it don't mean anything other than he is likeable or uses a hot woman with him for the workouts.

The best advice for beginner workouts is to train like you are an intermediary lifter. Use big exercises, do some running, eat properly. Forget about isolation, about toning, about spot reduction.
Do squats, leg presses, bench presses, shoulder presses, deadlifts - if your back is healthy - pull ups, lat pulldowns, barbell or dumbbell rows, do a couple of sets of abdominal raises. Train at least 3 times per week. For beginner I prefer full body workout but some guys prefer split training like TMHF. Whatever just pick your frequency & train hard.

If your only doing is shoulder raises, leg extensions, chest flies, tricep kick backs & bicep curls then you are wasting your time imo yet that is exactly what these gurus will teach you. They will not teach you how to develop flexibility to do a full back squat cause 1) they don't know how to do a full back squat or develop the flexibility for it 2) that exercise is hard & requires balls 3) that exercise builds a lot of muscle but no muscles of the arms Undecided now replace 'full back squat' with deadlift, military press, proper full range bench press, proper form pull up etc

Buy hey your free to choose what you want to do. But you know this forum by now & we don't like bullsh*t in here so we say things like they are. Just so you know the fitness industry is one where a lot of snake oil is sold & not only as supplements but also advice.
05-03-2014, 01:04 PM
(04-26-2014 01:10 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/user/manlycurlsdotcom

mind blown I just saw now the video of Rogelio in that channel where he dose the 1 arm snatching with 50 kilos like he is picking a box of cereals. Do you know how much he can lift like that? or did he say that in his website somewhere? not many people can do that btw there are some other beast videos in his channel but the 50 kg 1 arm snatch is dayum!!
05-04-2014, 12:15 AM
(05-03-2014 01:04 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  
(04-26-2014 01:10 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/user/manlycurlsdotcom

mind blown I just saw now the video of Rogelio in that channel where he dose the 1 arm snatching with 50 kilos like he is picking a box of cereals. Do you know how much he can lift like that? or did he say that in his website somewhere? not many people can do that btw there are some other beast videos in his channel but the 50 kg 1 arm snatch is dayum!!

Thanks for the help , Along with TMHF , The reason I was looking like something similar to what I linked above , Is because (I was unaware if it works well) but the fact of having a 30 day beginner program , Then more advanced 60 day and 90 day workout plans , Is that I know im doing all the time , I know how many times im working out a week , What im doing , What equipment I need etc because although it may seem lazy (Its not that im lazy , If I was I wouldn't want to start working out) but I don't want to be creating my own workouts , I don't want to be the one telling myself what im going to be doing each day or each week , How many times im working out etc , Again not because im lazy but just because I have no knowledge of working out , I don't know whats the best workouts to do for each muscle , What muscles you should be working on , What muscles to work on each day , how long after working out a muscle can you work out that muscle again etc.

So to sum it up , I don't want to be the one advising myself on what to do , As I would either not be doing the workouts efficiently or I would end up injuring myself or something.

So any advice on a actual well thought out , Workout schedule / plan that works for beginners and then up to an advanced stage , Or help on how I could make a workout plan?

Im going to be starting it in September as that's when I finish school and will have much more time to work out , In the time from now-then I want to ensure I get a good workout plan.
05-08-2014, 07:02 AM
So is BB.com reliable then? , I have talked to a few people there and have been suggested a few supplements , Quite a lot cheaper than I thought I would have to be spending and I know not everyone likes using supplements but I think I should as with the low price I can keep up with the costs.

Have you got any suggestions for home workouts for now until around September?

Also what kind of diet would you suggest , I have looked at some online and they have been really overcomplicated for bodybuilders and for competitions etc.
06-21-2014, 10:33 AM
You mentioned supplements in your posts. As a Beginner its definetly not worth taking them. When you get into the intermediate level you can consider them. However i would suggest looking into scientific reviews of the different supplements, otherwise You have No idea what You are taking. Fortunately, there are many YouTube channels/ Facebook pages which offer scientific advice.

No bullshit bodybuilding/ Ian mmccarthy (even if he seems arrogant, he always back up his bodybulding Information with research)

Sebastian Fitness solutions

Examine.com Is completely unbiased (they Do Not sell stuff) ! And Full of Interesting reesarch concerning supplements.
06-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Oh sorry, i forget about Protein powder, i didnt thought of it as a supplement. Well, this is probably the only supplement which beginners should consider taking ! You probably meant Protein powder, right?
01-14-2015, 10:39 PM
do compound lifts
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------