Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beard advice for better facial hair growth and fullness
10-31-2015, 05:51 AM
Beard advice for better facial hair growth and fullness
Hi all, new to This forum but looking for a bit of advice. I started growing my beard 4 months ago with the intentions a decent foot long year beard beard. At the moment my beard seems to have pretty decent coverage And growth rate, my beard is very curly especially around the chin area so kinda loses some length there for now I'm hoping as my beard grows the curls will drop out a little. My main concerns are shedding at the moment I seem to be losing 20-30 hairs a day which is quite alarming when trying to grow a foot long beard.

I use beard oil every day and brush the beard with a bore hair brush only once/twice a day max, I'm also taking Biotin each day for a little boost. Am I doing something wrong here or is this perfectly normal? I really want the big beard look! lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Beard advice
I have had a beard for the past 6 years, with the longest period between trimming being 8 months. In my experience losing 20 to 30 hairs a day is totally normal. As long as you aren't noticing any major bald spots you should be fine. Brushing is great, and stroking the beard is fine, but don't tug at any of the beard hairs. It's a really common habit that can lead to some thinning.
02-29-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: Beard advice
Be gentle when you brush the beard. If you are going to quickly and/or are forcing the brush too hard, you can damage the hair follicles and end up thinning out the beard a bit. Don't be afraid to brush/comb, and with the amount your losing right now, it's really not uncommon, so don't fret!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What beard trimmer? Hublocker 0 75 11-21-2016 04:42 PM
Last Post: Hublocker
  Can I grow skyrim beard Skyrimbeard 1 156 11-15-2016 11:47 AM
Last Post: Cemmos
  Patch in beard Zaryhf 0 224 10-15-2016 02:25 AM
Last Post: Zaryhf
  Facial hair taxonomy - Illustrative reference in sections The Hairstylist 0 212 10-09-2016 09:25 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist