Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barber messed my hair up good
01-18-2017, 02:17 PM
Barber messed my hair up good
Hey!

Hope this is the right subforum i post in Smile

My problem is, i have been groving my hair out for 6 months after having a shaved head for 5 years. I went to the barber and wanted a haircut where I asked for a traditional cut with some length on top. We agreed to a sidepart, which should be cut, so I have the option of growing it longer and transition to a long hairstyle, and here is where I believe it got messed up.

First, one of the sides he cut so there is a natural pass from the side to the top (in length), where the sides where cut with machine. Next the other side he didnt blend the side length to the top length, so it goes from a side length of aprox. 1,5 cm to a top length of 7cm. This makes my hair look really wierd, unless i sideswept it constantly to the side which blends with the top.

Next thing is, he told me my hair was really thick so he wanted to thin it. I agreed to that and he first use the scissor at the ends, which every barber have done to me when I was young with hair. But next thing he does is seperate some of my hair at the top and cut it away less than 1 cm from my scalp. He did that like 10 places on top of my hair. I never heard of this before, and my hair feels really wierd when I run my hands through it, like some places it feels like a buzz cut.

Im afraid how this haircut messed up my options of growing my hair longer and transition to like maybe a slicked back or some hairstyle like that.

Any options on likeminded experiences or knowledge that could be helpfull are recieved with open arms. Thanks so much in advance.

Best Regards
Fadbamsen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: Barber messed my hair up good
If it really is that bad you might just have to cut it into a shorter style im afraid... never go to that barber again
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My hair looked great when the barber styled it! Now... not so much. helphavinghaircrisis 0 262 07-19-2017 08:33 AM
Last Post: helphavinghaircrisis
  Good hairstyle products for straight hair or thick Asian hair? US Asian 2 2,894 04-02-2015 06:06 AM
Last Post: US Asian