Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Barber Shop or Salon
11-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Tongue Barber Shop or Salon
i want to change my hairstyle, and i dont know which one will fit me.

so im thinking of getting recommendation.

which one do you guys think will be better, salon or barbershop?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: Barber Shop or Salon
maybe i'm biased because i am studying to be a barber, hopefully own a barbershop too, but i say barbershop as usually barbers are better skilled with tapers, fades, hair clippers etc but if you want a very trendy hairstyle that is a pain in the arse to style but looks very good a hair salon can work too.
11-03-2013, 06:19 PM
I too would aim towards a barber if your hair is on the short side. I haven't been too happy lately with this one salon I've been going to (super cuts), going to try and find a good barber next time.
11-03-2013, 08:24 PM
i actually want my new hairstyle to be in short length and i dont like hairstyle which consumes a lot of time just to fix it.
11-04-2013, 11:52 AM
(11-03-2013 08:24 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  i actually want my new hairstyle to be in short length and i dont like hairstyle which consumes a lot of time just to fix it.

Yes then definitively go to a barbershop! especially an old barbershop -- every town has one -- where the barber has been giving haircuts for longer than you have been alive, avoid new age barbershops (theyre hair salons in disguise Big Grin)
11-05-2013, 04:46 AM
The barbershop where I live usually just use clippers, which is pretty ugly. So I decided that a Salon would be the best choice. Could be expensive though.
11-05-2013, 07:24 AM
(11-05-2013 04:46 AM)Benfaryl Wrote:  The barbershop where I live usually just use clippers, which is pretty ugly. So I decided that a Salon would be the best choice. Could be expensive though.

Definitively! Not all barbershops will have the right equipment for a modern men's haircut or even be aware of how to do one. What barbers are good for is for the classic haircuts, businessmen haircuts, Caesar haircuts, taper haircuts and (usually) fade haircuts. Also for a good shave, let us not forget that barbers involve any grooming of the hair on the head and even 200 years ago where like "doctors" too! LOL

Let us know how the hair salon works for you Smile Although hair salon do tend to be more expensive than barbershops as hair salons tend to have higher overheads to cover and more staff too.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-07-2013, 04:39 PM
actually i want to change my hairstyle, problem is i dont know which hair will look good on me, so i guess i should go to hair salon and ask them which will suit me best. good or bad idea?
11-12-2013, 10:02 AM
(11-07-2013 04:39 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  actually i want to change my hairstyle, problem is i dont know which hair will look good on me, so i guess i should go to hair salon and ask them which will suit me best. good or bad idea?

Good idea, they will know best what suits you and what doesn't
11-16-2013, 08:47 AM
I've had better and more professional haircuts from a barber than many salons - and at a much better price.

The whole barbershop banter thing is important to me too. but you may not feel that way.

I've even known blokes who have had haircuts in an expensive salon that needed putting right in a barbershop!
12-28-2013, 06:07 PM
I went both, and both like me, you should try both too.
12-29-2013, 06:20 AM
(12-28-2013 06:07 PM)louis92 Wrote:  I went both, and both like me, you should try both too.

Yep, not all hair salons are full of trainees who are experimenting with your hair and charging you an arm for the experiment. There are some good hairdressers and hair salons, but for a classic cut (read, a taper haircut), a barber will work very well and they're generally cheaper than hair salons.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-07-2014, 01:11 PM
If you want a short hairstyle go to a barbershop! He will pull something cool for you.
04-07-2014, 01:27 PM
If your after a simple basic haircut then go to a Barbers
If your going for a certain hairstyle ie copying a celebrity then go to a saloon
04-07-2014, 04:21 PM
(04-07-2014 01:27 PM)shane88 Wrote:  If your after a simple basic haircut then go to a Barbers
If your going for a certain hairstyle ie copying a celebrity then go to a saloon

yea for me is the same. Barber sure can do regular haircuts or buzz cuts but for a brush up hairstyle *for example* it is impossible Big Grin hair salon or unisex salon works for modern hairstyles ime
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How do I explain this haircut to my barber? zackras 0 602 08-19-2016 04:31 PM
Last Post: zackras
  What should I ask the barber for this haircut 86negsirhC 0 594 03-12-2016 03:38 PM
Last Post: 86negsirhC
  how to ask barber for this haircut darkparagon 0 718 02-04-2016 02:59 AM
Last Post: darkparagon
  [help] Undercut / top knot, barber & styling samohT 0 587 12-06-2015 11:43 AM
Last Post: samohT