Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bald John Travolta beard style name?? see picture inside
02-28-2015, 02:07 PM
Bald John Travolta beard style name?? see picture inside
Does anyone know what's the beard style of John Travolta in this picture?? we were talking in another thread about his range of dead furry animals that he uses on his head to disguise his baldness and frankly the dude looks better with a shaved hairstyle. I posted this pic of a bald John Travolta but didn't know what the name is of that beard style. It kinda looks like the Tony Stark beard style to me but i'm known for getting the hairstyle names wrong all the time.
Anyone know the name of the beard style in the picture??

[Image: article-2205767-1519DFA2000005DC-29_634x829.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: Bald John Travolta beard style name?? see picture inside
That beard style of John Travolta is a Van Dyke facial hair style and not the Tony Stark beard style for which the name is the Balbo facial hair style.

The Van Dyke beard will sometimes be called an extended goatee style, but I personally see this facial hair style as an extended goatee.
05-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Technically, that is a circle beard. A Van Dyke is similar, but the mustache on a Van Dyke does not connect to the goatee.
05-26-2015, 01:18 PM
I remember asking my barber some time ago about some new facial hair styles, not about the one of John Travolta but the same one in a look book they had and he said the same as Bradley said about the van dyke beard having two styles, connected and disconnected. I actually remember this because I can only grow that facial hair style as my sideburns have yet to catch up to my mustache and goatee. I asked him about names and he said something along the lines that the original van dyke was disconnected but the terms have evolved and they also call it a van dyke beard when it connects the mustache with the goatee.

I didn't know they also call it an extended goatee. I usually learn something new when I read new threads here so I guess that's my new learned jargon for today LOL My barber at the time was an old dude so he probably hadn't caught on with the times. Good barber anyway, i've found that the older barbers are awesome cutting the classic taper cuts.

By the way my facial hair genetics suck. I really hope the sideburns finally connect with the goatee and mustache...
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is Ron Swanson mustache style name? JaimeSpain 3 2,024 07-19-2016 08:16 AM
Last Post: beardlover
  Raul Meireles beard, haircut and hairstyle pictures Jurgen 4 19,417 12-18-2015 07:31 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  David Beckham New Hipster Beard Style - Pictures TheMensHairForum 5 6,189 12-16-2015 09:41 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  History of the Man Bun Undercut with Hipster beard style Bradley 1 5,605 07-10-2015 12:10 AM
Last Post: itsme39