Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aveda rosemary mint shampoo review?
10-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Aveda rosemary mint shampoo review?
I recently read of this shampoo which is supposed to be really good for all hair types. No idea, anybody have any Aveda rosemary mint shampoo review? apologies for this direct request but i see how some of you really have reviews for literally any hair product Big Grin

This is supposed to be a premium shampoo but is expensive as hell. I think i have seen this brand in one or two posts in the forum so there must be some merit to the brand. Please let know of any experiences or if it is worth purchasing. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Aveda rosemary mint shampoo review?
I only have some casual experience with the Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo. It's a shampoo that many women swear by it, even my girl once bought it and that's how I used it. It's a pleasant shampoo, good cleaning, leaves the hair squeaky clean but not dry like most regular shampoos.

The premium point of the Aveda Rosemary shampoo is that it uses high quality plant ingredients which raises the cost of making the shampoo. I do agree it's expensive though. Does it work and give good results? Yes. Is it worth its price? Yes if you can afford it, if it's expensive for your budget then check the other shampoo recommendations in the link.

I usually give reviews of hair products when I have enough experience to draw conclusions. LIke I say I only used the Aveda shampoo a couple of times and was pleasantly happy with it but not blown away (then I have never found any shampoo that does that in just a couple of uses lol).

My advice would be to buy the 8 ounce bottle (or whatever is the smallest bottle) and give it a try. There are some good prices on Amazon if you shop around.

Looking around, here is a post and kind of review (not mine) that will be of use to you as it parallels what I found from casual use. The quoted post below is a bit over the place but gives you a decent idea of what you are getting.

Men and women with thinning hair have found that the Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo stimulates the scalp and does a great job increasing fullness and body. There are a number of reviews that attest to this fact, and many people will not use any other type or brand of shampoo for this point alone. It goes in line with the fact that one really needs to find the best shampoo that suits his or her hair and scalp.

Another great feature of the Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo is it's ability to make hair feel fresh and clean and is perfect for normal or oily hair. It helps hair to feel smooth and silky and stay clean longer than with other shampoos that actually add residue to the hair. And it does the job without excessively stripping the hair off sebum and creating damage.

Many men and women can attest to the fact that the natural rosemary in the Aveda Mint Shampoo does an excellent job with protection from some harsh elements in the environment that can so negatively effect hair. The plant based ingredients provide a natural layer of protection to the hair that doesn't create excessive buildup like with other shampoos and that helps to maintain the gloss of the hair instead of removing it like regular non-premium shampoos remove.

Perfect for those looking for cosmetics with natural ingredients - Aveda uses pure mint and rosemary in the creation of the Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo - one of the most raved-about "plus points" is the shampoo's wonderful scent. The mint fragrance is lovely without being overpowering and is perfect for those who love to use cosmetics with natural ingredients.

But what about the price? When comparing the price of Aveda Mint Shampoo with other premium quality shampoos there isn't much difference. Places like Amazon are the ones where you will find premium shampoos like the Aveda Rosemary shampoo at the lowest price.

As a note, there is a wonderful conditioner that can accompany the shampoo - Aveda Rosemary Mint Conditioner. It has great conditioning effects without any sort of oil or residue left on the hair after it's use.
10-29-2014, 10:10 AM
It's a good shampoo for men with high quality ingredients.
Well, Aveda itself is a good brand and like Sunset posted, it aims to use high-quality ingredients in their products.

With regards to the Aveda Rosemary shampoo, this is a good shampoo and maintains the gloss of the hair instead of drying it out like the cheaper shampoos (which Sunset and the review posted above also report).

When it comes to premium shampoos and not being sure on whether to try them or not, I second the idea of Sunset to purchase the product in its smallest format so that you don't pay a considerable amount for the big size product. When it comes to shampoos for men, you really want to buy the 33-ounce (1 liter) bottles as it's more convenient, but in the case of this Aveda shampoo, you could first try the 8.5-ounce bottle and gauge from there.

The best places to check out the two size format of the Aveda Rosemary mint shampoo is with THIS vendor here (for the 8.5-ounce bottle) and with THIS other vendor (for the 33.8-ounce bottle).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 1,809 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Which anti-dandruff shampoo is best for volume? Dansercoer 0 264 03-30-2016 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Thickening Shampoo for Oily Hair waystinthyme 0 250 03-25-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: waystinthyme
  Blackship water based pomade by Flagship review Charms434 0 890 11-16-2015 01:34 PM
Last Post: Charms434