Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aveda brilliant emollient finishing gloss reviews?
10-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Aveda brilliant emollient finishing gloss reviews?
One of my cousins uses this product for her curls and she talks good things of it. Can anybody share any Aveda brilliant emollient finishing gloss reviews? Not that it will matter but i am looking for reviews talking of how it left your curly hair. The reason for posting in this section.
Any?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: Aveda brilliant emollient finishing gloss reviews?
I actually know which product you are talking about although I hadn't posted a review about it yet. Like you, I also discovered this product through a female (my girl) and tried it on my thick wavy hair. It worked just as claimed so that was good. Shinier and softer waves, this is what gloss is all about after all. I think it's a good product for a shake and go hairstyle and other medium hold hairstyles.

I found the following review (below) which is from a lady, but I think it is just as useful to women as it can be to men since the product works exactly the same on both women and men. In the review, the lady even talks about curly hair and humidity which is a topic we discussed recently in the link and which was also started by you Big Grin

---

As a curly girl, I've always found it difficult to find the right product for my hair. One could even say I've obsessed about it. Most gels, mousses, and creams end up making my hair crispy, oily, or unnatural looking. In younger years, I straightened my hair every day. I fried it with a blow dryer. I slavishly flattened out the curls for hours with a straightening iron. Or I drenched it in any product I could find. But I was never satisfied. In recent years, I've decided to let the curl flow naturally, which led to a renewed search for the perfect curl concoction. I'd nearly given up hope when I was given Aveda's Brilliant Emollient Finishing gloss by a friend. She had short, thin hair, and so she had no use for it. It suits thick hair that needs taming.

Excited by the beautiful blue bottle, the lovely scent, and the list of natural ingredients (which include rice bran and jojoba oil) I delicately placed it on my shelf like a gem. After showering, I squirted a few small pumps into my hand, ran it through my hair and combed it. As my hair dried, I noticed how soft and smooth it had become. It shone and bounced. Best of all, it was not weighed down in unnatural way, but still free of frizzies and flyaways. I knew I'd found my hair product.

One bottle (2.5 oz) of Aveda's gloss lasted me for around eight months. It tamed my hair during the rainy season in Thailand, where humidity is at its worst. My hair was always bouncy, shiny, and smooth. It's very potent stuff, so you only need a few squirts- one or two was enough for me. Otherwise, you can end up with a hair full of grease. It should always be used on wet hair, and I found that if I showered and applied it before bed, I woke up with shiny, bouncy ringlets that needed absolutely zero maintenance throughout the day. Of course, everyone's hair is different... experiment with it and I'm sure it will work well for you.

One of the added benefits of using this product is that it actually conditions your hair and makes it healthier through use. It contains natural oils and few synthetic chemicals, and so contributes to hair health. As such, my hair is shinier and stronger even though I don't even use it anymore.

The only reason I don't have another bottle of this gloss is because I am currently traveling and have no way to buy it. It's on the expensive side, but it lasts such a long time and does such a good job of controlling and conditioning the hair, I truly feel it's worth the price.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------