Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At what age does chest hair grow or start growing?
05-08-2015, 01:09 PM
At what age does chest hair grow or start growing?
Hello guys I'm 21 and I have no chest hair at all as fate would have it. At what age does chest hair grow or start growing? I've read some of the other hair grooming threads and the advice in this forum is second to none so I will admit that I joined this forum in part to ask this question as it's a bit of an awkward question LOL

I've read in the forum that chest hair keeps growing way into the late twenties. So chest hair is still developing or maturing even after all the facial hair has matured right? I have a full beard and it closes in nicely so there are no hairless patches in my beard. It's kind of weird when I literally have no hair at all on my torso except for below the navel yet I can grow a lumbersexual beard that any hipster would kill for. Not that I'm proud such an achievement as it's a freaking pain in the derriere to shave it daily and have the give o'clock shadow already at eleven in the morning.

Oops I went off the tracks. So at what age does chest hair grow? An approximate age would be fine. I hit puberty at 12 by the way since I've seen that one is one of the common questions when working out if one's facial hair or chest hair is expected to grow. I stopped growing at age 14 too but I'm 6'3 go figure LOL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 05:46 AM
RE: At what age does chest hair grow or start growing?
Hey we seem to have similar problems. Of course it isn't that we want a Tom Selleck chest hair look but some hair growth on par with how much facial hair can be grown should be good. At least that's what I'm after, just don't want to look like a bear.

So I've read in this forum that it can take until your late twenties and early thirties to have all your chest hair mature. What this means is that the fuzzy hairs that are difficult to see since they're so thin will eventually become thicker and become terminal hairs. For example leg hair matures really fast by puberty so that same maturity takes way longer with chest hair.

As for when chest hair stats to grow, I have friends whose chest hair started growing at age 13 to 14 but these guys already had a beard by age 13 rofl!

The development of chest hair can be delayed by many years, it's what's happening to me too. SO while your buddies all may have chest hair by age 18 or 19 you still have a hairless chest. But then as the years pass and you reach your lat twenties and early thirties your chest hair matures and you finally have, so to speak, chest hair!

It's interesting how chest hair takes so long to grow and mature in many guys. As far as i know the last body part to grow in men is the collarbone which fuses at around age 25 to 28 and its growth is horizontal and in thickness. The brain keeps molding itself to different stimuli and environments but as far as your physique goes it's the collarbone that is the last body part to develop. You may finish growing in height by age 17 but your bones are still growing as so are the tendons, ligaments and muscles.

I'm beginning to think that chest hair is directly related to levels of DHT in the same way that you lose your hair on the head with DHT. Guys with male pattern baldness stat losing their hair in their late twenties and mid thirties which means that there's sufficient DHT to affect the follicles. DHT is a hormone that is derived from testosterone and it could be seen as the chest hair follicles being exposed to enough DHT in your twenties for them to finally mature.

So as you lose the hair on your head your chest hair finally matures. If you think about it you're exchanging the location of your hair, that's all! Big Grin
10-31-2015, 11:46 PM
(05-08-2015 01:09 PM)The Kid Wrote:  Hello guys I'm 21 and I have no chest hair at all as fate would have it. At what age does chest hair grow or start growing? I've read some of the other hair grooming threads and the advice in this forum is second to none so I will admit that I joined this forum in part to ask this question as it's a bit of an awkward question LOL

I've read in the forum that chest hair keeps growing way into the late twenties. So chest hair is still developing or maturing even after all the facial hair has matured right? I have a full beard and it closes in nicely so there are no hairless patches in my beard. It's kind of weird when I literally have no hair at all on my torso except for below the navel yet I can grow a lumbersexual beard that any hipster would kill for. Not that I'm proud such an achievement as it's a freaking pain in the derriere to shave it daily and have the give o'clock shadow already at eleven in the morning.

Oops I went off the tracks. So at what age does chest hair grow? An approximate age would be fine. I hit puberty at 12 by the way since I've seen that one is one of the common questions when working out if one's facial hair or chest hair is expected to grow. I stopped growing at age 14 too but I'm 6'3 go figure LOL

Wow... I envy your beard and your height. I hit puberty at 11 and stopped growing at around 17 but I'm 5'6.

Okay. I'm sure US Asian already provided with all the answers. I just want to say that it depends on genetics. I'm 20 years old but I still do not have a full beard and despise my chest hair because it seems to have no pattern and is still very thin no matter how many times I shave it and it looks kind of gross. However, my cousin who's 16 has a full grown beard and a very hairy chest.
My uncles, however, has no body hair at all except armpits and pubes. Once in a while, a hair or two grows in the middle of his chest and he just plucks it out and it won't show up again for months. So it all depends.
I started getting chest hair at 13 and I refused to shave it at first because I wanted it to look like my father's but even though I've shaved it countless times now it's still very thin. So, it depends on your body too.
12-16-2015, 09:22 AM
I'd say it depends on the person. I am 30+ with no chest hair at all Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to remove Ear Hair, Chest hair and leg hair for TEENS herehair 2 1,991 12-31-2015 07:11 PM
Last Post: LongHairForMen
  Will I grow chest hair? I don't have any so far and I'm Asian US Asian 4 2,954 12-16-2015 09:24 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
Question Does chest hair removal increase muscle definition? Alex 6 8,513 12-16-2015 09:15 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Do women love or hate chest hair in men? Your opinion voiced TheMensHairForum 11 33,283 04-13-2015 10:54 PM
Last Post: itsme39