Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Asian Mens Hairstyles Guide: Epic Ideas with Pictures
12-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Asian Mens Hairstyles Guide: Epic Ideas with Pictures
This is our Asian Mens Hairstyles Guide official thread to cover the hairstyles and haircuts for Asian dudes who have typical straight hair. Asian hair is thick hair that is of a dark colour and Asian male hair is great for hairstyling because it is very easy to shape and can be naturally styled into complex hair styles Smile
And of course you can use these hairstyles ideas if you are not an asian male, all you need is to have straight hair, if you are unsure about your hair type, then read our hair type guide.

So let us move now and cover our suggested ideas for Asian Mens Hairstyles!

Side Fringe hairstyle with short taper haircut

[Image: FbGwT34.jpg]

Side fringe hairstyle with long taper

[Image: 60B45RZ.jpg]

Faux hawk hairstyle (side view)

[Image: W4ixjNT.jpg]

Side Comb Mop Top hairstyle (Justin Bieber style!)

[Image: 0F6wT54.jpg]

Front fringe hairstyle with multi taper haircut

[Image: AJkq9ET.jpg]

Curtains hairstyle with long hair

See attached image below

These are some of the ideas for Asian men's hairstyles involving a long length of hair on the top and easy haircut tapers. There are more hairstyle ideas below in the next post!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Asian Mens Hairstyles Guide: Epic Ideas with Pictures
More hairstyles with haircuts below!

Businessman haircut with side part hairstyle

[Image: FVlHXhc.jpg]

Asymmetric faux hawk hairstyle with hair clipper taper haircut

[Image: V1NS8Qc.jpg]

Shaggy haircut in messy hairstyle with medium length coloured hair

[Image: EorvUV3.jpg]

Brushed up hairstyle with long scissor trimmed taper

[Image: rmvSo7N.jpg]

Side fringe hairstyle with metro mullet

The metro mullet is a mullet style popularized by Cristiano Ronaldo and hair exprt Rogelio Samson (author of The Curly Hair Book and The Mens Hair Book). If you want to read more about the metro mullet, we have a thread for it: metro mullet Wink

[Image: WtXDr1X.jpg]

What do you think of the asian men's hairstyle ideas above? they are varied and for medium length to long hair length as many asian men like to have their hair at lengths of over 2 inches. Straight thick hair does very well with the hairstyles and haircuts I have posted above so give them a try and let us know! Smile
I am also posting the hair products for these hair styles below as it is very important to have the right products to be able to style the suggested ideas. Read the post below for all recommended hair products.
12-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Hair products for asian mens hairstyles
Ok so like I have said, you will need the correct hair products for the hairstyle ideas we have covered for Asian men.

I have put each recommended hair product for each hairstyle below and I have also put a number for each hairstyle since some of the hair products are used for several hairstyles. By numbering the hairstyles you can easily cross reference the hair products recommended. You can read more about the hair product or buy it by clicking its link.

All recommended hair products below are of high quality and the the shipping is fast and efficient as you would expect from a huge powerhouse retailer like Amazon!

1) Side Fringe hairstyle with short taper haircut

You will need this hair pomade and this men's comb.

2) Side fringe hairstyle with long taper

You will need this hair wax and the men's comb recommended for the Side Fringe hairstyle with short taper haircut above (hairstyle number 1). You will also need this hair dryer to give volume to the the combed hair.

3) Faux hawk hairstyle

You will need this hair wax.

4) Side Comb Mop Top hairstyle

You will need the hair pomade recommended for the Side Fringe hairstyle with short taper haircut (hairstyle number 1) and you will also need the hair dryer recommended for the Side fringe hairstyle with long taper (hairstyle number 2).

5) Front fringe hairstyle with multi taper haircut

You will need the hair pomade recommended for the Side Fringe hairstyle with short taper haircut (hairstyle number 1).

6) Curtains hairstyle with long hair

You will need this hair mousse and if you want more volume for your curtains, then get the hair dryer recommended for the Side fringe hairstyle with long taper (hairstyle number 2).

7) Businessman haircut with side part hairstyle

You will need this hair gel.

8) Asymmetric faux hawk hairstyle with hair clipper taper haircut

You will need the hair wax recommended for the Faux hawk hairstyle (hairstyle number 3).

9) Shaggy haircut in messy hairstyle with medium length coloured hair

You will need the hair wax recommended for the Side fringe hairstyle with long taper (hairstyle number 2).

10) Brushed up hairstyle with long scissor trimmed taper

You will need the hair wax recommended for the Faux hawk hairstyle (hairstyle number 3) and also the hair dryer recommended for the Side fringe hairstyle with long taper (hairstyle number 2).

11) Side fringe hairstyle with metro mullet

You will need the hair gel recommended for the Businessman haircut with side part hairstyle (hairstyle number 3).

Other hair products to buy

Many men prefer to be cutting their own hair and be buzzing their own sides and back of the head with a hair clipper so that they don't have to go to the barber or hairdresser so much. Having your own barber scissors (aka shears) and hair clipper avoid all those often hairdresser visits and you can get very creative with the hairstyle ideas presented to you above.

If you want to buy barber scissors and a hair clipper, then buy this high quality barber scissor set (aka shears) and this high quality hair clipper (make sure to buy this set of hair clipper combs for extra hair cutting lengths available to you with our high quality hair clipper recommended)!

If you find the total price for the hair clipper + barber scissors + hair clipper combs/guards is a bit too much for your budget then get this greatly priced hair clipper kit (includes barber scissors + a good range of hair clipper guards/combs and much more!).

Last but not least, if you want to get the most from your hairstyle and have you hair looking the best possible, you must also buy The Men's Hair Book, it is the best reading you will ever make about hair care and getting the most of your hair type Cool
12-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Jurgen, you keep raising the bar, bro!

This is one darn good hairstyle guide. Those are some creative hairstyle ideas you have included. As you have correctly stated, Asian men tend to have thicker hair (strands) as straight hair is fully circular which means the actual cross sectional area of a given hair strands is bigger than that of wavy, coiled or kinky curly hair. That's one of the reasons explaining the ease of styling the hair of men from a Far East extract.

Thanks for posting this hairstyle guide, buddy. Another one posted in our community's epic guide repertoire!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-26-2013, 11:13 AM
I have a picture of an Asian man with a side sweep (?) from imgur that I cannot embed. It looks like a taper on the sides.
12-26-2013, 11:33 AM
(12-26-2013 11:13 AM)itsjasonhh Wrote:  I have a picture of an Asian man with a side sweep (?) from imgur that I cannot embed. It looks like a taper on the sides.

Have you tried right clicking on the image at imgur and choosing "copy image URL", then clicking on the icon in the text editor that is a sun/mountain (if you hover your mouse over it says "insert image").

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Asian men can get away with lots of cool hairstyles especially the guys from Japan, China and Korea. Almost makes me want to be Japanese just for the fact of being able to do all kind of trendy hairstyles like a sir lol
12-26-2013, 03:14 PM
I always thought the standard Asian hair was thin and light (not in color!!) but I guess I was wrong... ^^'
I must confess that when I read the title I thought of the crazy but stylish K-Pop Idols hairstyles and colors. (Hum, and Japanese folks as well).

Great thread! Smile
12-26-2013, 07:38 PM
(12-26-2013 11:33 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(12-26-2013 11:13 AM)itsjasonhh Wrote:  I have a picture of an Asian man with a side sweep (?) from imgur that I cannot embed. It looks like a taper on the sides.

Have you tried right clicking on the image at imgur and choosing "copy image URL", then clicking on the icon in the text editor that is a sun/mountain (if you hover your mouse over it says "insert image").

Sorry for going off-topic! Yeah, I have. Keeps coming up with the same error that I don't have enough post counts.
12-27-2013, 06:10 AM
(12-26-2013 07:38 PM)itsjasonhh Wrote:  
(12-26-2013 11:33 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

Sorry for going off-topic! Yeah, I have. Keeps coming up with the same error that I don't have enough post counts.

Sending you a PM Smile This is part of our new anti spam measures and users with not enough posts cannot embed images.

12-27-2013, 09:06 AM
[Image: IGb6t8F.jpg]

Again, not too sure what this is.
12-27-2013, 10:14 AM
(12-27-2013 09:06 AM)itsjasonhh Wrote:  [Image: IGb6t8F.jpg]

Again, not too sure what this is.

That is actually a high fade (in terms of the haircut), and, yes, the hairstyle is a side sweep as you correctly mentioned.

In very basic terms the difference between a taper haircut and a fade haircut is that the taper always leaves visible hair at the hairline of the ear and neck whereas the fade haircut is always done to skin, so the hair visually "disappears".

In the picture of the fade you posted, the hair visually "disappears" just below the horizontal temple line which is the line of what constitutes a high fade Smile Lots of people get confused with the terms taper and fade and even some hairdressers do too.

12-28-2013, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2013 08:54 AM by Lordius.)
I have quiet a few korean friends and they all have all the cool hairstyles in this guide but its funny considering they come from strict families so when we were kids they all had bowl haircuts but now they all have modern hairstyles that i am sure their parents or grandparents would frown upon Big Grin
I have also been to Japan and young men there have some very cool hairstyles especially the hairstyles below of the side fringe messy hairstyle, the shaggy haircut and the curtains hairstyle. Very modern hairstyles & the japanese girls also have very modern hairstyles with lots of hair dyes BTW

(12-25-2013 02:40 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  This is our Asian Mens Hairstyles Guide official thread to cover the hairstyles and haircuts for Asian dudes who have typical straight hair. Asian hair is thick hair that is of a dark colour and Asian male hair is great for hairstyling because it is very easy to shape and can be naturally styled into complex hair styles Smile
And of course you can use these hairstyles ideas if you are not an asian male, all you need is to have straight hair, if you are unsure about your hair type, then read our hair type guide.

So let us move now and cover our suggested ideas for Asian Mens Hairstyles!

Side Fringe hairstyle with short taper haircut

[Image: FbGwT34.jpg]

Side fringe hairstyle with long taper

[Image: 60B45RZ.jpg]

Faux hawk hairstyle (side view)

[Image: W4ixjNT.jpg]

Side Comb Mop Top hairstyle (Justin Bieber style!)

[Image: 0F6wT54.jpg]

Front fringe hairstyle with multi taper haircut

[Image: AJkq9ET.jpg]

Curtains hairstyle with long hair

See attached image below

These are some of the ideas for Asian men's hairstyles involving a long length of hair on the top and easy haircut tapers. There are more hairstyle ideas below in the next post!
12-29-2013, 05:38 PM
That's right Lordius, Japanese and (South) Korean men are known for styling their hair in very creative and trendy hairstyles.

Remember that your hairstyle is one of the very first things that people notice at first sight when they meet you so in very technology driven countries such as Japan and South Korea, it is only normal that their male population will have a preference for modern and trendy hairstyles Smile

01-04-2014, 06:33 PM
when it comes to long hair men and hairstyles the dudes from the far east got it real good, the curtains hairstyle with long hair is enough to make me wanna grab a hair straightener and straighten my kinks lol
04-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Here are some pictures of Jerry Yan hairstyle. He is a Taiwanese & Chinese actor & I think he also does some singing. Heis pretty famous over there so here are some of the hairstyles of Jerry Yan. It is interesting tho because in some pictures of Jerry Yan hair, his hair looks wavy & not typically straight as is asian mens hair. I know there are many Asia men with wavy hair but it is not as common as bone straight hair Smile

Jerry Yan's hair is long in most of his hairstyles & dark brown. I think he also likes his mop top style too much Big Grin

[Image: jerry-yan-7.jpg]

[Image: a66f096a88efe7c520e3b3007f79455a33927b5d...p;amp;cb=1]

[Image: Jerry_Yan..jpg]

[Image: ec7de5031eaf3577c1575e59ae8b1ab71235485649_full.jpg]

[Image: ydKKGXc.jpg]

[Image: Jerry_Yan_Meteor_Garden_13112010014538.jpg]

[Image: 692882bef65d00_full.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-03-2014, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 12:14 PM by Bradley.)
Suho hairstyle of k-pop hair band
Suho hair and hairstyle. Side fringe and mop top, imo their cool styles for asian males. Suho is of the band EXO some k-pop boy band.

[Image: tumblr_m9swfjxBWr1qj1kpl.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mv6maxdv4C1so5oupo1_500.png]

[Image: tumblr_static_exo-exo-k-suho-cute-favim.com-508511.png]

[Image: tumblr_inline_mfz1njdqWR1qchstp.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m89oikPB661r9b4yy.gif]

[Image: suho.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_inline_mimyxrjLqp1qz4rgp.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m7cpmvAhrw1r8i9eqo1_500.jpg]

[Image: Suho-suho-35012897-500-220.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m89c1kRFym1rsskhm.gif]

[Image: tumblr_m3bigq6GCX1qbawfjo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mugknb9JXr1riav2to1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_inline_mvb20waWKY1rt7lky.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_inline_mwt84bU1K91rt7lky.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mjuc7tdLfR1riav2to1_500.jpg]

[Image: suho.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_inline_mwp60wXbeg1rt7lky.jpg]
11-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Top Knot and man bun hairstyle for Asian men.
Top Knot

The top knot is a small man bun hairstyle. It's actually derived from the Samurai hairstyle. So it makes sense that it would look quite good on oriental males (Far East). Here are two pictures of the topknot as a hairstyle for Asian males.

[Image: f55cc8fd4546af1b7b8ccc876183b67f.jpg]

[Image: e0456a23f2aa7f86c98c0ea022afe17f.jpg]

05-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Thumbs Up Cool fringe hairstyles and messy hair style ideas for Asian guys!
Fringe hairstyles and messy hair styles:

Below is a picture set of Asian men with fringe hairstyles and messy hair styles. The hair length varies from a short length to a medium length and the hair type is mostly a straight hair type.

As you can see with the pictures below as well as with the pictures so far in this guide for Asian men's hairstyles, the use of hair coloring and hair dyes is quite popular among the younger male crowd in countries like Japan and South Korea. This is in absolute contrast to the more conservative nature of older generations. And, while all these extreme and anime hairstyle trends were started by females, their male counterparts were quick to catch up and men under the age of 30 in Japan can be said to be among the most fashion and hairstyle conscious men in the world! Smile

So, here's the set of pictures of young Asian males with fringe hairstyles and messy hair styles!

[Image: 9de6d799b1df0b206f9561914ede5767.jpg]

[Image: 7bd08348264e4d6081bf83767351af9d.jpg]

[Image: 4473f6ecde83274aef6e60029591227f.jpg]

[Image: c97f9b64837e9b57678a7914ff2cb95d.jpg]

[Image: 767017b85f3e457ecfa498c9951e00c4.jpg]

[Image: 7d9d36aa2ebc64d198509bfc80d21743.jpg]

[Image: 1ddc8410a6f5ef0f81a7f3e468a25299.jpg]

[Image: a1827f5a0487f68935f9ca1ab3561d33.jpg]

[Image: fbea23910bb56f1c8709990a14326584.jpg]

[Image: c8548b31ef4a34cd46545e0f856cf58a.jpg]

[Image: 72682ea2f0c6d11a54a7acf5d8f9c8a3.jpg]

[Image: 3127880753423025d155617d71d6aab5.jpg]

[Image: fdd3100159527a42930f981daf7b1371.jpg]

[Image: b43ab72a7c8ae6493f40fcdb754e8df6.jpg]

[Image: b5fff088aba74ef3c355b4cde4fec2c9.jpg]

[Image: 2cc35246d215397d8e406211fc6bb263.jpg]

[Image: f6f74b49ecb87e17c48bc7e8973c0ee2.jpg]

06-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Is it possible to replicate any of these styles if you have wavy hair, or does it have to be straight?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut Hairstyle: How to, Haircut, Pictures, Products - OFFICIAL thread Barber 200 625,902 10-07-2016 08:51 PM
Last Post: shenefbs
  Mohawk hairstyle and haircut guide - How to and Pictures TheMensHairForum 16 24,208 07-31-2016 11:40 PM
Last Post: Kiddfresh
  2 Step Undercut Hairstyle: Official Haircut Guide with Pictures and How-To Advice Jurgen 6 112,194 07-21-2016 08:44 PM
Last Post: Dwight
  Middle Part Curtains Hairstyle Guide: How To Style, Pictures, Products and more TheMensHairForum 13 69,205 06-15-2016 03:04 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum