Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Army haircut and what mens hairstyles are allowed??
07-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Army haircut and what mens hairstyles are allowed??
Hello friends! I have a question about the type of hairstyles for the army haircut. Is like the army haircut just one type of mens haircut? or more haircuts? is it just like the shaved head or can we have variations for the hair?
I ask because in spain we think of a super short buzz cut like the army haircut. You use a hair trimmer and you cut all the hair with maybe a one or maybe a two. The hair is super short and it cannot be in any hairstyle. Is it the same like in the rest of the world? USA army? UK? Canada? etc? thank you Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: Army haircut and what mens hairstyles are allowed??
Jaime, an army haircut is what we call the umbrella term for the range of military haircuts. You mention the word "buzz cut", which too is a haircut per see, but, as we have covered extensively in or buzz cut hair guide, the buzz cut is a male haircut that solely involves a hair clipper to cut the hair short. All buzz cuts are military haircuts (and thus army haircuts), but not all military haircuts are buzz cuts!

In the Army, as opposed to the Navy or Air Force, the Induction Cut is the most common army haircut. The Induction Cut is performed with a hair clipper and no guard or comb attached, which leaves the hair like facial stubble and almost as if shaved. The Induction Cut is given to fresh army trainees, although navy men do also get induction haircuts. To be able to give the best Induction Cut, one needs to own a heavy-duty hair clipper that can withstand heavy use and won't overheat or die half way through a cut.

If you're or anyone else is interested, we always recommend this cordless clipper for the best haircuts that you can give yourself, and the fact that this hair clipper is cordless and super powerful just makes it an excellent investment for your hair and wallet as you will save plenty of money from not visiting the barbershop for such a simple haircut Smile

Back to the army haircuts, we have in the forum a huge military haircuts guide covering the Burr Cut, Butch Cut, Crew Cut, High and Tight and many more military hairstyles, so I suggest that you read thoroughly through our guide. You could say, in fact, that the term "army haircut" is exchangeable with the term "military haircut", although each of the military divisions has a preferred haircut.
  • In the army, one of the most popular haircuts is the High and Tight.
  • In the Navy, one of the most popular haircuts is the Crew Cut.
  • In the Air Force, one of the most popular haircuts is the Flat Top haircut and the Regulation cut with a side part.

Usually, when people refer or talk about an army haircut, they are picturing either an Induction cut or Burr Cut (the burr cut is a bit longer than an Induction Cut) as well as picturing a High and Tight or similar.

In the United States Army, the maximum hair length allowed is 2 inches of length, which is about 5 centimeters. The hair of the male should neither touch the shirt collar nor cover the ears. In fact, the preferred haircut in the military for the sides and back of the head is a fade, short taper or Undercut. Such very short cuts on the sides and back of the head allow for a tighter positioning of the helmet on the head and avoidance of the hair getting stuck on the clothing of the soldier.

Nowadays, the hairstyles allowed in the military have gotten more strict, and discretion is highly encouraged (i.e. don't get haircuts that draw attention to oneself). Back in the Second World war and Vietnam war, US army men were allowed Mohawk haircuts, Undercut hairstyles with plenty of hair length and Flat Top haircuts with the Horseshoe cut. At present, something as clean, sharp and discreet as the high and Tight is what is encouraged in the military and, specifically, in the Army. I believe that this is the same for the rest of countries of the world although countries like China have an extremely-strict allowance of mens military haircuts.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to get better hair and hairstyles as a male - 5 easy tips The Hairstylist 0 272 10-03-2016 10:32 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  How to use hair trimmer for a hair thinning haircut? Lorenn 3 1,474 06-02-2016 02:35 PM
Last Post: claus
  Haircut for wavy, medium hair (man) Je2848132 0 757 01-21-2016 03:23 PM
Last Post: Je2848132
  Cameron Dallas haircut? Jdub16 2 868 01-17-2016 06:14 AM
Last Post: yavuzc78