Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are disposable shaving razors worth buying?
07-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Are disposable shaving razors worth buying?
Like the title says... are disposable shaving razors worth buying? in my case i prefer to use a hair trimmer so when it is time to shave is more of a 'lets get the hair out and start the beard again' kinda thing Big Grin
IS there any point in buying a more expensive cartridge razor if i only use the shaver for casual shaving. So far my results are fine with a disposable razor and i don't need just yet to have a very close shave for work and what not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2014, 12:26 PM
RE: Are disposable shaving razors worth buying?
For me and I am talking of just me, the cartridge razors like mach3 razors are so much better than the throwaway razors. At least what I have found with throwaway razors is that even the double blade ones just can't get that close shave. I suppose it is ok for guys who for example may be in college. But you really need a super close shave for guys like me who have to also be in the office.

What I like though is having a beard trimmer and a good cartridge razor because you can either have a super close shave or have facial hair trimmed and shaped. I know this setup is not cheap but I like it that way. Ok may be I have overdone it lol but I have to pay a lot of attention to my appearance eve if I don't want to. Undecided
08-02-2014, 05:34 AM
What type of shaving razor
Machado, when it comes to disposable razors, there are both pros and cons.

A disposable razor will not give you a super close shave, as the main advantage of disposable razors is their cost and thus, their cost is too low to be able to use premium parts in the razor like platinum. That is not to say that disposable razors cannot be used for a close shave, and, if you're going to be using your disposable blades on a daily basis, you can still keep a well groomed face.

If you want a super close shave that just slides through your facial hair or beard, then stick to a high-quality safety razor with platinum coating. These safety razors are excellent for getting a super close shave, for head shaving like with the military haircuts, or for shaving facial hair that has been allowed to grow for some days or even weeks! No matter how bushy your beard may be, a high-quality safety razor will shave through all of that, whereas with a disposable razor, you will find that you need to trim the beard first with either some shears or with a beard trimmer.

In any case and despite the low price of disposable razors, I still urge you to get a good set of disposable shavers. An excellent option is to buy some of the Schick disposable razors, like THIS one here with triple blades that I find gives a super close shave and is a top-end disposable shaver. Its price is very affordable too and cheaper than the Gillette disposable razors. Just buy 2 or 3 packs of the Schick shavers I recommend above in the link so that you have plenty of disposable shavers laying around.

On the other hand, for a safety razor that comes with disposable blades, then I highly recommend THIS safety razor, without a shred of a doubt. Excellent super close shave that just slides through with easy. Make sure to grab THIS set of 50 extra platinum blades, and you've got yourself the best shaving tool at a great price!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Use both types of razors?
Hello mate how about having both types of razors? you can just swap around like using the disposables for regular shaving and then use in the razor stick for those times when you need the closest shave.
My two pennies! Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best Shavers and Electric Razors for Men: 8 Top Shaver Reviews! A London Barber 1 111 10-27-2016 11:07 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Straight Razor Shaving Unshorn 14 3,894 10-07-2016 11:08 AM
Last Post: Joseph.davidson
  Wet shaving for acne prone, sensitive skin. PhoKingTasty 2 1,659 05-20-2016 06:49 AM
Last Post: TimothyClayton
  Can we use aftershave after shaving hair on head? Vladimir 6 9,416 12-18-2015 07:20 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c