Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any tips for THINNING, not trimming body hair?
06-04-2015, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 01:02 PM by HorseTears.)
Any tips for THINNING, not trimming body hair?
I'm South Asian and am cursed with really thick body hair - and a lot of it. I actually quite like having a hairy chest - I just wish it were a little less hairy. Any techniques for thinning my chest hair, rather than just trimming it? Basically what I'm saying is, if I had 5,000 hairs on my chest, is there a way to thin the crop to 4,000 hairs as opposed to just making all 5,000 hairs shorter? I HATE the look of chest hair that has been shortened. It looks really obviously trimmed. So... any techniques for thinning the hair other than painfully plucking them out one-by-one, which, in my case would be a full time job in of itself.

I have the same question for upper arms. Hairy forearms can be sexy, but I think hair on the upper arms isn't so much, but I don't want to wax off my upper arms entirely as I think it will look really odd to suddenly have hair free skin above the elbow. My upper arm hair - close to my shoulders is thick and curly - like almost pubic hair thickness and curliness. Gross, I know. Again, the ability to thin, rather than trim, would be great.

Is there a laser treatment for this goal?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2015, 11:38 PM
Rainbow RE: Any tips for THINNING, not trimming body hair?
(06-04-2015 01:01 PM)HorseTears Wrote:  I'm South Asian and am cursed with really thick body hair - and a lot of it. I actually quite like having a hairy chest - I just wish it were a little less hairy. Any techniques for thinning my chest hair, rather than just trimming it? Basically what I'm saying is, if I had 5,000 hairs on my chest, is there a way to thin the crop to 4,000 hairs as opposed to just making all 5,000 hairs shorter? I HATE the look of chest hair that has been shortened. It looks really obviously trimmed. So... any techniques for thinning the hair other than painfully plucking them out one-by-one, which, in my case would be a full time job in of itself.

I have the same question for upper arms. Hairy forearms can be sexy, but I think hair on the upper arms isn't so much, but I don't want to wax off my upper arms entirely as I think it will look really odd to suddenly have hair free skin above the elbow. My upper arm hair - close to my shoulders is thick and curly - like almost pubic hair thickness and curliness. Gross, I know. Again, the ability to thin, rather than trim, would be great.

Is there a laser treatment for this goal?

I have asked and looked for answers to this question a million times since I was 15. However, I have found no way to do that. Especially with body hair. I do not have much chest hair but I have found by experience that when I started working out and lost weight and gained some muscle definition, my chest and leg hair seemed a bit thinner. That might be because the hair follicles are on the inner layer of the skin and the more skin you have, depending on your level of hairiness, the more hair you will have. So, reduce that amount of skin will reduce the amount of hair. However, this will also depend on your hair pattern. Google chest hair pattern and you'll find an interesting illustrated Wikipedia article.

What you can do, but very silly and a bit painful, is to use shear scissors. There are shear scissors designed to reduce the hair volume. It's used mainly on the head, though. What it really does is to cut a part of your hair short while another remains long. This makes it look like you have thinner hair.
Another, less silly but more painful, method is waxing. It is known that after a while your hairs stop growing or at least some of the hair follicles die which means that your hair thins every time you wax it.

For your upper arms, use hair removal creams. Many people use it on their upper arms so it won't be hard to find a tutorial video of how to do it on the web. It's less painful but it can burn your skin.

Speaking of burning your skin, to can also use bleach to hide the hair on your upper arms. It will not completely hide it if you have dark skin but it will make it look like baby hairs. On your chest, it will make the hair look thinner but you will look silly. So, the only options you have is to get fit and wax, or just accept your body. I suggest you get fit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  5 Easy Tips for Better Skin as a Male - Barber Advice The Hairstylist 0 135 10-09-2016 10:15 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Which body part do men trim or shave the most? Stevens 17 6,625 12-16-2015 09:17 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Hair removal treatments for men's body hair and facial hair Sunset 0 927 07-21-2015 01:53 PM
Last Post: Sunset
  Tips to buy electric nose hair trimmer Stevens 4 2,067 01-14-2015 11:13 PM
Last Post: shahrukhch1