Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any thoughts on Reuzel pommade?
12-27-2016, 08:59 PM
Any thoughts on Reuzel pommade?
My barber sugested I try the pommade from a brand called Reuzel. The red kind. It's the stuff he uses (and sells, obviously) at his shop and I liked it when he applied it, especially the smell.

As for the stuff itself I sniffed around a bit and found out it is manufactured by the "Scumbag Barbers" from Roterdam, a cool bunch who helped start the whole vintage barbershop movement. This variety in particular is water based and on the reviews I've seen opinions vary between those who say it is very good and those who say it is pretty standard and became popular just because of the hype around the Scumbags.

What's your take on it? Is it worth it and a good option for me?

I have thin hair prone to fall and use either a contour or slick back hairstyles. I am also currently undegoing a treatment of Minoxidil + Ioox Fortrix to restore my hair.

Cheers and thanks for reading.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2017, 05:07 AM
RE: Any thoughts on Reuzel pommade?
From what I've seen a lot of reviews are pretty indifferent about the Reuzel pomades. There's been good things said about the green one however. The Scumbag Babers are highly respected though.

I'm trying to explore the whole pomade minefield myself and trying to discover the right type for mr hair and style I'm going for.
04-07-2017, 03:41 AM
Reuzel is so great
05-13-2017, 08:42 AM
I use red one. It gives thickness and makes my hair looks best as it could possibly without hold. I'd say hold is medium or even low, but I use it on somewhat damp hair. I really like it because of that natural look.
05-17-2017, 05:23 AM
I use the red one as well
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------