Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Any reviews for Paul Mitchell tea tree grooming pomade?
04-27-2014, 02:56 PM
Any reviews for Paul Mitchell tea tree grooming pomade?
Hey forum I am considering trying some other pomades and i was wondering if there are any forum reviews on the Paul Mitchell tea tree grooming pomade? for sure most pomades are very artifical but i am looking to try something more organic and less artificial if the results are similar.

I have followed the advice of you guys with the other pomades like Suavecito and Layrite and my results have been pretty good so i would like to now trust your eye for the more tree hugger pomades Big GrinBig Grin nah seriously... I saw the ingredients of the Paul Mitchell pomade. Looks like something I would be interested in trying. Hopefully some one has experience with it and thanks guys Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 01:11 PM
RE: Any reviews for Paul Mitchell tea tree grooming pomade?
I think it is a pretty decent one the Paul Mitchell pomade. I understand your concern about more natural hair products but products like pomades, waxes, gel etc do need some artificial ingredients as that is the 'nature' of the beast. However these artificial ingredients are usually use to get everything together & give body to the product itself. Pomades that have natural ingredients - like the Paul Mitchell tea tree pomade - usually run on natural oils to provide the hold & slick so that is always a good thing. Actually some of the more old school pomades I can think of are very minimalist & use natural oils too.

Back to your question about the Paul Mitchell tea tree grooming pomade, tea tree oil is a great ingredient for the hair & scalp so thats good. This pomade also works for curly hair & to tame frizz + moisturize the hair with the glycerin it contains. Has a good shine & good hold, not super shine or super hold so think of the pomade as a medium shine & medium hold pomade. Great for a side part hairstyle & for a modern slicked back hair - click each link to see each hairstyle guide as examples of hairstyles that are very suitable for this pomade.

To read more or buy the Paul Mitchell tea tree pomade, then check it out in this link where you can read even all the ingredients - there are other natural oil ingredients like lavender oil & peppermint oil so that is another + in their favour. Good price on that page too even tho Paul Mitchell hair products are never the cheapest Big Grin
04-30-2014, 09:08 AM
thanks much Jurgen!

With all the tea tree oil thing I am going to try the Paul Mitchell pomade. Say since I am going to buy that one from Amazon and since I remember reading that the Paul Mitchell brand also has a tea tree oil shampoo, would you recommend also getting the shampoo for the oil goodness? like the fact that tea tree oil does lots of good to hair loss even tho I am not going bald but still it must mean the oil itself is good to hair.

I have been using the American Crew moisturiser shampoo but feel like its time to change to another shampoo that has more natural ingredients.
04-30-2014, 03:00 PM
(04-30-2014 09:08 AM)Lordius Wrote:  thanks much Jurgen!

With all the tea tree oil thing I am going to try the Paul Mitchell pomade. Say since I am going to buy that one from Amazon and since I remember reading that the Paul Mitchell brand also has a tea tree oil shampoo, would you recommend also getting the shampoo for the oil goodness? like the fact that tea tree oil does lots of good to hair loss even tho I am not going bald but still it must mean the oil itself is good to hair.

I have been using the American Crew moisturiser shampoo but feel like its time to change to another shampoo that has more natural ingredients.

Tea tree oil is an awesome ingredient for hair health & it acts as an antifungal so it is great for dandruff too.

If you want to benefit more from the tea tree oil then also get the tea tree oil conditioner from Paul Mitchell. If I recall correctly there is a duo set where you can get the tea tree oil shampoo & tea tree oil conditioner in one pack at a more convenient price.
I recommend you to get the 1 liter - 33 ounces - bottle of shampoo/conditioner whether you only buy one of the products or the duo pack - a 1 liter bottle should last you months so it is a great purchase as you don't have to worry about buying more shampoo or conditioner after only a couple of weeks which is one of the biggest complaints of guys when they buy shampoo and conditioners in '250 milliliters' or '10 ounces' bottles.

Here are the links from where you can get them for a great price especially the shampoo & conditioner duo pack - just click each link to learn more about the products & if interested then buy it from that distributor.

- Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo, 1 liter aka 33 ounces

- Paul Mitchell tea tree conditioner, 1 liter aka 33 ounces

- The Duo shampoo & conditioner pack: Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo & - Paul Mitchell tea tree conditioner, 1 liter aka 33 ounces. It is also very popular if you read the reviews in that page.

For what you are getting the products are priced good but they are not cheap products - any product with tea tree oil will not be cheap & that is not just with hair products only. The duo pack will complement very well the Paul Mitchell tea tree pomade. Just work out your budget & see if which fits it, the pomade + duo pack OR pomade + shampoo 'or' conditioner Smile
05-01-2014, 09:32 AM
awesome thanks Jurgen!! I think I will just go ahead and get the combo pack with the shampoo and the conditioner. Was looking to try a shampoo and I still have some conditioner left but since it will run out at some point then makes sense to also get the conditioner considering the combo pack is much cheaper than each item alone.

Just placing my order as we speak with the pomade too. And also the 4 Gatsby waxes from my other thread Big Grin can't wait for it all to arrive!
06-03-2014, 09:18 AM
what do you guys think of the "Paul Mitchell by Paul Mitchell Mitch Barber's Classic Moderate Hold/High Shine Pomade for Men,"
Does the moderate hold have tea tree? nothing is really mentioned.
For someone after the side modern slick would the tea tree version be strong enough?
06-03-2014, 11:13 AM
(06-03-2014 09:18 AM)kent10 Wrote:  what do you guys think of the "Paul Mitchell by Paul Mitchell Mitch Barber's Classic Moderate Hold/High Shine Pomade for Men,"
Does the moderate hold have tea tree? nothing is really mentioned.
For someone after the side modern slick would the tea tree version be strong enough?

Kent, if you are talking about this Paul Mitchell Classic pomade (which I believe you are), then it doesn't contain tea tree, but it does what it says )shine and moderate hold). For a modern side part (i.e. no flat hyper slicked style) then the Paul Mitchell Classic pomade in the link will certainly do.

If you prefer a low-shine finish with a wet effect, then get the Suavecito pomade (usually it's good to have two types of pomade to have a wider variety of hairstyling choices since each pomade gives a different finish).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-04-2014, 07:34 AM
thanks tmhf, I'm confused though, I've seen layrite being promoted and I've seen Suavecito being promoted are they the same? what is the difference between the two and I have fine hair so how does one decide which to get?
06-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Kent10 allow me to answer your question.
The Suavecito & Layrite pomades recommended in the links by TheMensHairForum in his post before yours have each a custom finish. Basically Suavecito gives a wet look with good hold. Layrite gives a medium to high shine with a stronger hold.
Both Suavecito & Layrite - the ones that TheMensHairForum recommended - are water soluble pomades so they are much easier to clean or shampoo than classic pomades which are made with an oil base. Actually the Layrite pomade is like a classic oil pomade but without the messiness to clean it off your hair Smile

You can say based on the slicked back hairstyle types that Suavecito is more for a modern slick & the Layrite is more for a classic slick. Both pomades are good priced especially the ones that TheMensHairForum recommended so if you can try to have both so you can have more hairstyles to pick any day of the week. The same about the slicked back styles can be side for side parting, for volume messy side parts go with Suavecito & for super flat side parts go with Layrite - so you can see how useful it is to have both!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  American Crew Pomade or American Crew fiber? which is best for hairstyles? JaimeSpain 3 44,435 04-13-2014 01:46 PM
Last Post: Machado
  Best hair pomade to buy? Stevens 10 131,107 06-18-2013 08:26 PM
Last Post: Stevens
  Philips Norelco G370 All-in-1 Grooming System TheMensHairForum 3 3,526 05-26-2013 11:48 PM
Last Post: Barber