Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recommendations for a good tear free shampoo for kids?
12-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Any recommendations for a good tear free shampoo for kids?
I am looking for a good tear free shampoo for kids. I am doing this for a family member so I thought asking the guru forces of the forum was the best thing to do as I have no freaking idea on tear free shampoos for kids.

I am pretty sure I have seen these shampoos in the store when I go shopping and I can probably recognize one or two but since this is not for me but for the kid of a family member, I really would rather ask for recommendations of a good tear free shampoo for kids. Least I want is a kid crying because of my shampoo decision.

As always many thanks in advance to all of you guys who are always answering our many questions! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2014, 05:29 PM
RE: Any recommendations for a good tear free shampoo for kids?
I will post 5 tear free shampoos for kids. i think with the following 5 shampoos, you will have more than enough for selecting the appropriate one although they pretty much do the same thing (avoid stinging the kid's eyes by using less harsh ingredients than conventional shampoos do). Babies nor children using petrolatum pomades (or so I hope!) so there is no need for them to be using some of the mens shampoos in this thread for men who use the hairstyling products that are so available these days.

Ok so one of the first gentle baby shampoos that is great for washing kid's hair with would be Mustela Bebe Baby Shampoo. It is made with natural ingredients such as chamomile and wheat extracts that help cleanse and soften the kid's hair while leaving it with a light relaxing scent. Best of all Mustela Bebe Baby Shampoo is hypoallergenic and will not sting the baby's or toddler's eyes if it accidentally ends up in them. This gentle baby shampoo does cost around twelve dollars which is a lot of money to be spending on a gentle baby shampoo, but from my experience and of parents I have spoken to, it is worth the extra dollars.

The second gentlest tear free baby shampoo that is wonderful when it comes to cleansing a baby's and toddler's hair would be Paul Mitchell Baby Don't Cry Shampoo. It is made with natural ingredients as well such as ginger, echinacea, mushroom extracts, stevia extracts and water. This gentle shampoo helps children with really fine hair or fragile hair because it is also made with Hawaiian awapuhi which is a natural ingredient that helps condition children's hair so it stays soft and tangle free. You can get Paul Mitchell Baby Don't Cry Shampoo for a good price especially at Amazon and online stores, and the product does work well at cleansing and conditioning a child's hair without stinging their sensitive eyes.

Now the third best tear free baby shampoo to use while bathing a baby and cleansing their hair would be Aquaphor Baby Gentle Wash and Shampoo. It cleanses both a baby's hair and body with gentle ingredients such as chamomile and provitamins to keep the baby or toddler clean, soft (skin and hair) and smelling great all day. Best of all, this gentle baby shampoo is free from fragrances, dyes, irritating ingredients, and will not sting his or her eyes if, by chance, it gets into them. Aquaphor Baby Gentle Wash and Shampoo is a cheap tear free shampoo for kids. It's worth getting it.

The fourth baby shampoo that is great to use while cleaning the baby's or toddler's hair would be Aveeno Baby Essential Moisturizing Shampoo. It is made with wheat, oats, and vitamin E, which helps cleanse and condition the child's hair without harsh ingredients that sting the eyes and irritate the skin. Best of all, this particular tear free kids shampoo keeps their hair tangle free, so, if the child has curly or wavy hair, you will avoid hurting his scalp while combing and styling his curls. Aveeno Baby Essential Moisturizing Shampoo is also a pretty affordable tear free kids shampoo.

Now the fifth baby shampoo worth mentioning is great for parents who are looking for an organic shampoo, but of course, being an organic tear free shampoo, the cost is about double of the above shampoos. This shampoo is called Modern Organic Products Pear Shampoo for Infants and Toddlers. It has a nice light pear scent to it and is made with purely organic ingredients such as water, coconuts, pears, aloe, chamomile, comfrey, kelp, glycerin, molasses, sea salt, and natural fragrances. These ingredients helps in keeping the child's hair clean, soft, smelling great, and protected from harsh environmental factors such as pollution, dry air, and the sun.

Best of all the above Modern Organic Products Pear baby shampoo will not sting the eyes or cause any allergic reactions because it doesn't contain any harsh ingredients in it and you will be avoiding any exposure of artificial ingredients for the child (which I find is a big plus for a baby shampoo). Modern Organic Products Pear Shampoo for Infants and Toddlers is defiantly one of the best organic baby shampoos to get for cleansing your baby's and toddler's hair.

As said, you can get all five of these tear free shampoos for children from your local drugstores, health food stores, grocery stores and online stores (including Amazon). Other stores you may be able to find all of these baby shampoos would be Walmart, Target, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Walgreens and similar. They are not that hard to find although you may want to go on Amazon first to check them out as 0 out of 10 times, the prices on Amazon for hair products beat any prices at other online stores and offline stores (maybe some of the mods can put some actual links to reliable Amazon vendors below).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Photo Good day sheldoneous 0 225 05-19-2016 08:06 AM
Last Post: sheldoneous
  How to shampoo and use a hair conditioner for men Stevens 27 97,445 05-02-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: Refrusloi
Question Hair products and shampoo ingredients, do you believe them? Sunset 8 2,699 03-16-2015 08:43 PM
Last Post: shahrukhch1
  Good dandruff shampoo for black men? or curly hair? Robert 2 2,924 12-04-2014 05:16 PM
Last Post: Robert