Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any help would be appreciated...
11-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Any help would be appreciated...
Looking to get this styled if it possible, basically I've had a shaved head since I was 15 now 29 and think its time to get it styled... Altho my hairs so thick so don't even no if anything can be done... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

See the hair pictures below (Mod edit)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 04:07 AM
RE: Any help would be appreciated...
Sorry if I've uploaded the pictures wrong I'm not computer savy at all Sad
11-01-2013, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 04:16 AM by Barber.)
(11-01-2013 04:07 AM)Aesthetix29 Wrote:  Sorry if I've uploaded the pictures wrong I'm not computer savy at all Sad

No problems mate. See if you can edit the post still, then go to each original image and right click on every image and copy the URL (link) it should say something like "copy image location" when you right click (if you're using Firefox). The URL should be like this for you're 1st picture

httpx: //i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/Aesthetix28/null_zpsa8416bd9 jpg

then enclose the URL with these tags [img] and [/img] so it looks like

[img] httpx ://i984.photobucket com/albums/ae328/Aesthetix28/null_zpsa8416bd9 jpg [/img]

Let me know if you can do it
Cheers

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
11-01-2013, 04:26 AM
[Image: null_zpsa8416bd9.jpg]

[Image: null_zps39c96dd4.jpg]

[Image: null_zps9f1a5756.jpg]

[Image: null_zpscded897e.jpg]
11-01-2013, 04:28 AM
Thanks for your help barber Smile and sorry the pics are bad iPhone pictures. Cheers
11-01-2013, 04:41 AM
You got some thick hair for sure mate!
I actually think the buzz you have looks good. You have strong facial features, not sure about an undercut, the undercut its the hair diet we put just about everyone here as it works on almost everyone.
What ya think of a high and tight haircut, the high and tight can then be transitioned to an undercut easily so you have options. Have a look a the military haircuts thread but what you want to do is clip the sides and back of your head to a #1-#2, dont touch the hair on the top. Any town barber will know how to do a high and tight, if not, tell him to clip the sides&back with a #2, then hit a #1 if you want it shorter.
See how you like that, if you do, then you will be a good candidate for an undercut. The high and tight haircut makes the face look stronger so take that into account though.
I can also see a crew cut or ivy league done, these haircuts are classier but im assuming you want a bit of a radical image change.
You have good hair for styling mate, just about anything can be done with thick straight hair so you got that on the good side. Have a read through the military haircuts thread, then let us know if you like the high and tight haircut or any of the other military haircuts. Like I say, a transition to an undercut is fast.
Cheers

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
11-01-2013, 05:17 AM
hahah i know mate too thick... The buzz/shaved look i have does look good but im just ready for a change if you no what i mean...Yea i had a look at the military thread and i quite liked the 'Regulation Cut'! I didnt think you would of said this type of hair is good for styling hahaha i hate it bad genetics lol. I really hope something can be done with it as a buzz just isnt for me anymore... Ill have another look at the military cuts.. but for now you think i should have a short/back and sides and let the top grow ? Thanks barber much appreciated bro
11-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Thanks Barber for taking the time to reply, so happy to have you on board even if you browse the forum in your barbershop Big Grin

(11-01-2013 05:17 AM)Aesthetix29 Wrote:  hahah i know mate too thick... The buzz/shaved look i have does look good but im just ready for a change if you no what i mean...Yea i had a look at the military thread and i quite liked the 'Regulation Cut'! I didnt think you would of said this type of hair is good for styling hahaha i hate it bad genetics lol. I really hope something can be done with it as a buzz just isnt for me anymore... Ill have another look at the military cuts.. but for now you think i should have a short/back and sides and let the top grow ? Thanks barber much appreciated bro

Yes, the Regulation Cut is a great haircut because it is formal but also leaves length at the top to style with a side part or slick back. Good choice Smile

I think Barber's suggestion of a High and Tight haircut is a good one. If you don't like the High and Tight, your hair on the sides and back will grow back in 2 months long enough to get a Regulation Cut as you need some length to the sides and back for the Regulation Cut (2 months from a High and Tight is enough).

Try the High and Tight haircut suggestion as that's the haircut you can currently do right now otherwise grow your hair for an extra 2 months without getting any more haircuts and then get a Regulation Cut.

And of course update us buddy! Post your new haircut's pictures, we always get the haircuts rights with our suggestions so I'm confident you'll make a good choice with out advice Wink

And you have good hair, I agree with Barber. Having thick straight hair makes your hairstyles easy to retain shape with longer lengths although such thick hair is a bit harder to actually style!

Also have a look at The Men's Hair Book from Rogelio, it gives you the very foundation to have great hair. It's a great addition if you want to make the most of your hair's potential Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-01-2013, 05:53 AM
(11-01-2013 05:37 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Thanks Barber for taking the time to reply, so happy to have you on board even if you browse the forum in your barbershop Big Grin

(11-01-2013 05:17 AM)Aesthetix29 Wrote:  hahah i know mate too thick... The buzz/shaved look i have does look good but im just ready for a change if you no what i mean...Yea i had a look at the military thread and i quite liked the 'Regulation Cut'! I didnt think you would of said this type of hair is good for styling hahaha i hate it bad genetics lol. I really hope something can be done with it as a buzz just isnt for me anymore... Ill have another look at the military cuts.. but for now you think i should have a short/back and sides and let the top grow ? Thanks barber much appreciated bro

Yes, the Regulation Cut is a great haircut because it is formal but also leaves length at the top to style with a side part or slick back. Good choice Smile

I think Barber's suggestion of a High and Tight haircut is a good one. If you don't like the High and Tight, your hair on the sides and back will grow back in 2 months long enough to get a Regulation Cut as you need some length to the sides and back for the Regulation Cut (2 months from a High and Tight is enough).

Try the High and Tight haircut suggestion as that's the haircut you can currently do right now otherwise grow your hair for an extra 2 months without getting any more haircuts and then get a Regulation Cut.

And of course update us buddy! Post your new haircut's pictures, we always get the haircuts rights with our suggestions so I'm confident you'll make a good choice with out advice Wink

And you have good hair, I agree with Barber. Having thick straight hair makes your hairstyles easy to retain shape with longer lengths although such thick hair is a bit harder to actually style!

Also have a look at The Men's Hair Book from Rogelio, it gives you the very foundation to have great hair. It's a great addition if you want to make the most of your hair's potential Smile

Thanks TMHF, I think im gonna grow it for another 2 months as i think thats the best option fore me... Just one more question.. Can you recommend a good hair product to use from now like shampoo/con etc... which will help with the finished product ? and im going to read that book from rogelio tonight Smile Cheers bro
11-01-2013, 06:23 AM
Sure bud, you can have a look at our best hair products thread as we have defined great hair products that work specific for each hair product category.

It really depends on what you want but I recommend you to buy the following for starters as a foundation pack:

- Shampoo
- Conditioner (use in 2 months when hair longer but buy it now as buying in bulk discounts shipping and gives you a good deal)
- Hair pomade
- Hair wax
- Medium hold hair gel
- Styling cream
- Hair dryer (this is optional depending on your budget, a hair dryer allows you to get great hair volume when your hair is longer. For an Undercut hairstyle or styling your hair up when you get the Regulation Cut, a hair dryer is a great addition).

I see you are going to read The Men's hair Book so that's pretty much it to start with. The hair products above will give you lots of styling options and a good trial with the styling hair products (pomade, wax, hair gel and styling cream). They are not very costly so getting the 4 at the same time to get free shipping is a good idea and will allow you to play with each product to see if you like them.

If you don't want to get the 4 styling products, then only get the pomade and the hair gel for now Smile (but certainly get the shampoo and conditioner!).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-01-2013, 07:52 AM
(11-01-2013 06:23 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Sure bud, you can have a look at our best hair products thread as we have defined great hair products that work specific for each hair product category.

It really depends on what you want but I recommend you to buy the following for starters as a foundation pack:

- Shampoo
- Conditioner (use in 2 months when hair longer but buy it now as buying in bulk discounts shipping and gives you a good deal)
- Hair pomade
- Hair wax
- Medium hold hair gel
- Styling cream
- Hair dryer (this is optional depending on your budget, a hair dryer allows you to get great hair volume when your hair is longer. For an Undercut hairstyle or styling your hair up when you get the Regulation Cut, a hair dryer is a great addition).

I see you are going to read The Men's hair Book so that's pretty much it to start with. The hair products above will give you lots of styling options and a good trial with the styling hair products (pomade, wax, hair gel and styling cream). They are not very costly so getting the 4 at the same time to get free shipping is a good idea and will allow you to play with each product to see if you like them.

If you don't want to get the 4 styling products, then only get the pomade and the hair gel for now Smile (but certainly get the shampoo and conditioner!).

Thanks buddy ill keep you all updated Wink
11-02-2013, 09:41 AM
THMF I noticed if I click on the links you posted like shampoo,gel, pomade etc... Are they the exact brands you recommend for me or can I buy any like pureology shampoo ? Thanks brah
11-02-2013, 10:42 AM
(11-02-2013 09:41 AM)Aesthetix29 Wrote:  THMF I noticed if I click on the links you posted like shampoo,gel, pomade etc... Are they the exact brands you recommend for me or can I buy any like pureology shampoo ? Thanks brah

Yes of course, you can buy the Pureology shampoo/conditioner set as it's the among the best you can get and comes in 33 oz packs. I just mentioned the other shampoo (which is also in the best hair products thread) mainly to lower down for you the total price of buying several hair product items as you intend to buy.

The links to the specific (branded) products at Amazon I posted earlier in this thread are the ones I recommend to you if this is your first time buying hair products and you will also find these recommended products in the best hair products thread. For example, you can certainly chose the other pomade suggested in that thread or the other hair gel.

Having said the above, when you buy hair products in Amazon you want to buy in quantity and in a single go (even if the price gets high) because by doing so you will very likely benefit from discounts and reduced shipping fees, so certainly do feel free to increase the total price by inserting the Pureology shampoo/conditioner pack in the basket as you select the products and are ready to pay.

If you choose the Pureology pack, then you don't need the conditioner I mentioned earlier in this thread, as you will get a shampoo bottle and a conditioner bottle (33 oz each bottle) when you buy the Pureology pack (well, you could of course also buy the conditioner I mentioned earlier to test the Pureology one and that other one, but then the basket may start getting too high in final price and I would rather recommend you to buy two different pomades or waxes if you want to test different results instead).

Lastly, if you want to spend some extra money, consider a hair clipper as having a hair clipper will save you money down the road, especially if you are going to be doing easy haircuts like high and tights, Recons, Undercuts or retouching your sideburns or clipped sides and back (in any big town a barber will charge $20+ for any small retouch that would take you 3 mins to do on your own with your hair clipper). In fact, you can do some Christmas shopping already and get a hair clipper either for yourself or your father/brothers/friends. If the 2 hair clippers we recommend in the best hair products thread really hike up the final price of your basket (those 2 hair clippers are the best and high priced but really worth their price), then consider other lower priced hair clippers that we have discussed in this other hair clipper thread (the Wahl Sterling Eclipse Clipper with Lithium battery is pretty good value for money).

I can tell you giving a hair clipper as a Christmas gift is one very gratifying gift to a male! (I always buy 2 or 3 for male family members for Christmas Smile ). You can literally give each other a brand new haircut one hour after unwrapping your gifts LOL And I'm telling you bro, the feeling of receiving a package from Amazon with 3+ hair products especially pomades, hair waxes, hair clippers, hair dryers etc is on par with receiving a package of fitness supplements Big Grin (yep I too lift but I fall under the "do you even lift" crew LOL!!).

That was a nice wall of text I just wrote Big Grin but hey if it helps you in your decision if you're buying big then better be specifics. Hope that did solve your Qs bud!

EDIT: if I got you confused or you would rather wait for a hair clipper or more hair pomades, then just go with the brand products I posted in the links in my previous post and only swap the shampoo and the conditioner I recommended to you originally for the Pureology shampoo and conditioner combo pack I linked in this thread at the beginning.

11-02-2013, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 05:30 PM by Aesthetix29.)
Thanks bro, that was some right up
But really helped me in my decision to buy big... I think I'll go with everything you recommended but swap the shampoo n conditioner for pureology... I just wish my hair would hurry up and grow lo.. Look like a right div walking around with a mullet hahah Smile cheers buddy
11-02-2013, 06:06 PM
(11-02-2013 05:29 PM)Aesthetix29 Wrote:  Thanks bro, that was some right up
But really helped me in my decision to buy big... I think I'll go with everything you recommended but swap the shampoo n conditioner for pureology... I just wish my hair would hurry up and grow lo.. Look like a right div walking around with a mullet hahah Smile cheers buddy

lol dont worry youre hair will grow long enough by after christmas.
The set from TMHF recomendation is very good for standard hair care base if youre new to really styling your hair etc
Good choice Aesthetix Wink
11-02-2013, 06:46 PM
mm forgot to mention Aesthetix -- I wasn't tracking your thread from the start like TMHf was doing so I dont know if you said this in other posts but having a good hair comb is also important for a good standard pack, the good ones are cheap any way, in the thread for best hair products you can find our recommending combs under "best combs" category in the first post of the thread (it is at the end of the 1st post), these combs in the thread are hand made and very gentle on the hair, avoid cheap plastic combs from supermarkets and drugstores.
For str8 dense hair like yours, the hand-made Kent comb with handle in the products thread goes very good and is only $11 and is almost indestructible lol (or just click here to see it str8 away in Amazon and add when your adding products to basket in Amazon)
11-03-2013, 03:08 AM
(11-02-2013 06:46 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  mm forgot to mention Aesthetix -- I wasn't tracking your thread from the start like TMHf was doing so I dont know if you said this in other posts but having a good hair comb is also important for a good standard pack, the good ones are cheap any way, in the thread for best hair products you can find our recommending combs under "best combs" category in the first post of the thread (it is at the end of the 1st post), these combs in the thread are hand made and very gentle on the hair, avoid cheap plastic combs from supermarkets and drugstores.
For str8 dense hair like yours, the hand-made Kent comb with handle in the products thread goes very good and is only $11 and is almost indestructible lol (or just click here to see it str8 away in Amazon and add when your adding products to basket in Amazon)

Thanks for the advice jurgen I will definitely get one of these combs Smile
11-06-2013, 02:12 AM
Just a quick update... My hair grows so fast, can't wait to get it cut it's getting on my nerves haha not to mention Its looking like a mullet
11-06-2013, 02:13 AM
[Image: null_zps03290cb2.jpg]
11-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Bro, is that the new haircut?

I see you with an Undercut and the hair on the top with 4 inches long, slick the hair back with pomade and you're done IMO

Keep us updated my friend! Smile

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------