Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any good curly hair men advice?
10-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Any good curly hair men advice?
Do you curly guys in the forum have anything to share in terms of curly hair men advice? perhaps we could have some curly hair tips or knowledge shared here in this thread... talking of basic but good curly hair advice for guys.
There is a lot of info already in the curly hair book and for any noob coming here with his dead rat 'fro... What basic stuff would you bros advice to these noobs??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2014, 01:51 PM
RE: Any good curly hair men advice?
I think this is a good question to get something that is more of a quick gotcha read for curly guys. Here are some tips and advice on curly hair for men.

Give your hair a break. Limit your shampoo to every other day. This helps to limit the styling build up in your hair. Wear your hair down the day it's been washed and up the following day. Just use some water to smooth it out.

Work out a good frequency of shampoo use to clean out the styling product that accumulates. After shampooing, ring out your hair and work conditioner through. Let the conditioner sit as long as possible, two minutes is good but it can be longer if you want. I usually put it in and then continue to soap up and rinse off, saving rinsing out my hair for last.

Get a good hair cut. If you have really thick dense hair it helps to have your hair thinned out every couple of months. If you have medium to long hair, also ask for well defined layers which will give your hair some depth.

Don't comb through your hair unless it's wet and preferably full of conditioner. When you brush curly hair when it's dry, it can lead to breakage as well as making it puffy and frizzy. Brushing also pulls the curls apart and leads to tumbleweed hair and dead rats.

Find a good leave in conditioner and a styling cream. My hair is not very curly but I still use a curl defining cream and a good leave-in conditioner to keep the hair moisturized. You may also want to finish it off with a some hairspray to have the curls fixed in the same style for the whole day.

Applying your hair products:

After you shower, towel dry your hair. Work in a good couple tablespoons of leave-in hair conditioner through all of your hair. Then add 1 to 2 tablespoons of a strong holding hair gel, scrunch the hair to apply. Make sure that you work this in well so as to not leave any clumps of gel. If your hair is on the thinner side, use half as much product. Now is the time to spray on a finishing hair spray.

Only blow dry if you have a diffuser. Otherwise let your hair air dry. Using a regular hair dryer will fluff up your hair, break up the curls, cause frizziness and potentially cause heat damage.

One final tip, if you have long enough hair to tie it, then be sure to use metal free hair elastics. The metal in these can get stuck, causing breakages in your hair as well as snarls. I have seen some good sets of hair elastics recommended in the forum and you can read through the hair accessories and hairstyles guide for some good recommendations of metal free hair elastics.

So there you have it. A basic guide to a healthy mane of curls! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 333 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 296 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 14,225 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 277 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203