Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any advice, tips or shampoo buying guide? To buy best shampoo
11-18-2014, 12:10 PM
Any advice, tips or shampoo buying guide? To buy best shampoo
I would like to ask if we have in the forum any advice or if you could share any shampoo buying guide? maybe with tips or tricks to use when buying shampoo. It can be for any type of shampoo. Just some obvious advice, tips or guide for buying the best shampoo. I know there are some threads on the best shampoos around but I would like to ask you all about the actual process of purchasing the most suitable or best shampoo.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2014, 01:03 PM
RE: Any advice, tips or shampoo buying guide? To buy best shampoo
Nothing worse than using a bad shampoo whether it is winter or summer. Having the wrong shampoo can not only weigh your hair down but it can also cause your scalp to become irritated which is quite annoying and which can indirectly help to cause dandruff. An irritated scalp not only feels bad but I would say is among the main reasons for most Americans ending up having dandruff, and probably for the rest of the western countries too. Dandruff is caused by a very dry scalp that is under moisturized and over heated. To rid yourself from these summer problems or excessive heating problems all you have to do is find yourself a good shampoo that works in conjunction with your hair and scalp.

With that said a lot of you are wondering, how am I going to find this shampoo? Most people spend a lot of time buying and trying out new shampoos so as to find one that will give them a little boost of help. It does not have to be as hard as everyone thinks to find a new shampoo. By checking out a few simple tips before heading out to the store or buying on Amazon, you might just be able to see exactly which shampoo is right for you. It does not take long to find a new and improved shampoo as long as you know what to look for.

Tips for buying a great shampoo that is right for you are stated below.

Find your hair type:

Find out what type of hair you have. Everyone all over the world has a different type of hair, and most people have no clue what theirs is. This can be the hardest part of deciding on a good shampoo. This is also probably why you can not find a shampoo thats right for you.

Different shampoo's are made for different kinds of hair, meaning that if you have very thin hair the shampoo that would be right for you would be one that adds a little volume without adding a lot of moisture. The end result would be thicker looking hair without looking like you have not washed your hair in weeks because of all of the conditioner. The same goes for if you are a man suffering from thinning of your hair. You will want to find a shampoo especially for men with added volume and maybe a little conditioner to keep your hair looking full and healthy. Hair just being full does not mean that it is healthy it only means that your hair appears thicker, so you will always want to look in to the shampoo you think you might want before you purchase it.

There is an awesome hair type guide for men in this forum which I highly suggest every dude to check out. Its from The Men's Hair book as I recall but the main key points are in that guide. You should also check out the hair length guide for men in the forum as that guide will help you to profile your hair even better so that you can choose and buy the best shampoo.

Identify any hair or scalp problems:

Make sure that you know about any problems your hair and scalp may face. Before you go out and find a type of shampoo for the type of hair you have, you might want to make a list of what type of problems your hair or scalp have experienced in the past. If you are known for having dandruff, write it down, or if you are a man with balding or thinning hair you would want to write that down too. This is not to make you feel bad or to make it harder to find a good shampoo but to help you find one that will fit your needs.

If you know that you have a problem with re-occurring dandruff you may want to consider buying a specialized dandruff shampoo that also has conditioners and a great smell. Just write down all you know about yourself and your hair and head to the store with a better idea of what you are looking for.

Find a reliable store, online or offline:

Most of the time we all just make a quick run to the local grocery store to pick up shampoo, but this could be one of the problems of why we can not find a shampoo that is right for us. Instead of running to the grocery store, have a look first in websites like this forum and the huge shampoos and conditioners thread to get an idea of the shampoos for men out there that are recommended by the experts in this forum.

You can have a look at this shampoos for men thread that lists all the types of shampoos. You will find one that relates to your case and is the awesome part of having a forum like this one where we can all get together and recommended the ones for each type of situation.

Relating to online is buying those shampoos from Amazon as that is the best online store for mens hair products. I get close to all my grooming and leisure purchases from Amazon and that's because it carries the wides range of hair and shaving products with the lowest prices and the best shipping and customer service.

You could also try and go to a beauty store that has a wide selection of shampoos, so you in return have a lot to choose from, and a lot more to look at. This way you will be able to find a shampoo that works for you, if you are able to read the back of the bottles for information that you have not seen when you only go to the grocery store. If you have any questions about a certain type of shampoo you can always ask the professionals that run the store. They work there and it is their job to help you find a beauty product that is right for you. Do not feel ashamed or embarrassed to ask them anything. You have to remember that they are there to help you. Just think of it as like asking the guys in here at this forum Big Grin

Lastly, never settle for a type of shampoo just because you can not find one you think you might like. Instead of settling, try and get to another store to see if they offer you a better selection to choose from. A few days of not having a shampoo that is good for you will not kill you, and you will be very surprised how great your hair and scalp will feel and look as soon as you find a new shampoo.

Don't forget that once you find a shampoo that works well for you, you must also pick up a regular conditioner to use it right after shampooing your hair. This shampoos and conditioners thread has all the information for men and shampoos/conditioners.
12-04-2014, 05:29 AM
RE: Any advice, tips or shampoo buying guide? To buy best shampoo
(11-18-2014 12:10 PM)Lordius Wrote:  I would like to ask if we have in the forum any advice or if you could share any shampoo buying guide? maybe with tips or tricks to use when buying shampoo. It can be for any type of shampoo. Just some obvious advice, tips or guide for buying the best shampoo. I know there are some threads on the best shampoos around but I would like to ask you all about the actual process of purchasing the most suitable or best shampoo.
MH & I use Pro Naturals Hair Repair System's Shampoo & Conditioner. I also use the Hair Repair Mask and we both use the Moroccan Argan Oil. As it is a hair repair system we tend to use it for one week in every six. My hair was very brittle and seemed to have got limpless and lost it's shine but this was due to post op radiotherapy in October 2013. My hairdresser suggested I add Pro Naturals Hair Repair System and now after using it for several months I am happy to say that my hair has got it's mojo back and MH's hair (what's left of it) also benefits and we do not suffer from dandruff at all.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls? red05five 0 60 11-20-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: red05five
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 94 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 331 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Need help buying hair clippers THENOAMAN 0 172 08-02-2016 05:30 AM
Last Post: THENOAMAN