Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Way I Want It - My Hair Journey
07-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Wink Any Way I Want It - My Hair Journey
So I've told you guys a little bit about myself in my introduction thread, now I think it's time to start documenting my journey!

I have thick, black, straight (I think) hair. My last cut was about a week ago. I have about 3 inches on the top, faded to a 1 one the sides. If allowed, I would really love to post some pictures, as I think a hair journey is incomplete without them.

I'd really like some suggestions for what to do with my hair after growing out the top a bit more. Going with the trends, I've been looking a lot at slicked back undercuts lately. I've also been quite obsessed with rockabilly style and the pompadours that go with it.

So let the suggestions begin! Seriously, I would love to hear any advice or feedback anybody has for me. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: Any Way I Want It - My Hair Journey
Just ordered The Book off Amazon, can't wit 'til it arrives on Wednesday!
07-15-2014, 04:26 AM
My favourite is also the rockabilly-style actually, and I usually go with a full pompadour (not parted at the side or anything). If you want I can give you some pointers on that. And if you have any advice regarding the pompadour or any other rockabilly hairstyle I'd love to hear it!

/Robban
07-15-2014, 02:07 PM
(07-15-2014 04:26 AM)BillyRocket Wrote:  My favourite is also the rockabilly-style actually, and I usually go with a full pompadour (not parted at the side or anything). If you want I can give you some pointers on that. And if you have any advice regarding the pompadour or any other rockabilly hairstyle I'd love to hear it!

/Robban

I have not fully decided to go with a pompadour yet, right now just growing some length to be able to do whatever I do decided. But if I do go with a pomp, one thing I do not like is the slicked back sides. I want short sides so probably either faded or undercut.
07-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Okay so I think it may be time for a cut soon. I really want to go with the undercut for now, while continuing to grow my hair on the top. Most of the time I will probably keep it slicked back, or to the side like Mario Gomez. However, I'm still open to suggestion. Do you guy think the undercut will suit me? Are there any other haircuts you guys think will suit me?

Last haircut (about 4 weeks ago)
[Image: IMG_0179_zps05a7679c.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0178_zps76a2dce3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0177_zpsdb92cddb.jpg]

Today (7.29.2014)
[Image: IMG_0184_zps753e53d4.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0185_zpsae81f42b.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0188_zpsa96f46b1.jpg]

Mario Gomez
[Image: Mario-Gomez-Hairstyle-2014-Fifa-How-To-Get-003.jpg]
08-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Yesterday I mentioned in this post that I recently got my undercut and wasn't quite satisfied with it. I felt clipped the sides too short and and the barber took it too high and I thought I looked a bit funny. Well today I was able to get a bit of volume on it using a stronger hold pomade and a hair dryer. I still feel like it looks a little funny, but I am going to stick with it for a while and see what happens. Here are some pics.

How I thought I looked:
[Image: tumblr_kw9n9bzIVi1qz8u8ho1_500.jpg]

How I really look:
[Image: 20140803_071243_zps24fd3ca0.jpg]
[Image: 20140803_071223_zpsc9e8d01b.jpg]
[Image: 20140803_071328_zps49e7656f.jpg]

What do you guys think?
12-13-2014, 07:30 PM
I think that the Mario Gomez hairstyle woud suit you very well. Just grow it out a bit then show that to your barber?
02-28-2015, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 02:21 PM by B2stMode.)
Hello mates,
Haven't been posting on the forum much since last summer, thought it was time for an update. Since my last post, I've been keeping the disconnected look with various lengths of undercuts, fades, and tapers on the sides. Haven't been cutting the top at all, only had it cleaned up a little bit once in October. Other than that, the top has been growing since August when it was about 4 inches long. I'm able to style my hair different ways every day, which it what I love about this cut. I'll try to post more pics soon, for now here is my quick/lazy style of a bun/top knot. Currently the sides are clipped to a 4 tapered to a 2.

[Image: 20150228_130900_zpsfspfznge.jpg]

[Image: 20150228_130906_zpsbx1ozb2o.jpg]

[Image: 20150228_131952_zpsjhp058jh.jpg]
02-28-2015, 02:36 PM
(02-28-2015 02:21 PM)B2stMode Wrote:  Hello mates,
Haven't been posting on the forum much since last summer, thought it was time for an update. Since my last post, I've been keeping the disconnected look with various lengths of undercuts, fades, and tapers on the sides. Haven't been cutting the top at all, only had it cleaned up a little bit once in October. Other than that, the top has been growing since August when it was about 4 inches long. I'm able to style my hair different ways every day, which it what I love about this cut. I'll try to post more pics soon, for now here is my quick/lazy style of a bun/top knot. Currently the sides are clipped to a 4 tapered to a 2.

Cool topknot dude!! i was considering growing the same hairstyle from my brush up hairstyle, just replied to a thread i started about the hair length for the topknot.
What other hairstyles can you do with the hair length you have now? or do you just keep your hair as a topknot? all day long?
Also are you cutting your own hair, either scissors to trim the top or maybe using a hair clipper for the sides? or do you just let a hairdresser do it?

Your hair has grown long fast, how far down the face does it get? sorry for the questions but i was just saying on the other thread how i may just call off my plans to get a topknot. It's cool to se the hairstyles of the other guys in the forum cause it gets boring seeing topknots of those model dudes. You have renewed my topknot interest lol it'd be cool if you can answer some of the questions when you have a minute pls Smile
02-28-2015, 02:46 PM
(02-28-2015 02:36 PM)Machado Wrote:  Cool topknot dude!! i was considering growing the same hairstyle from my brush up hairstyle, just replied to a thread i started about the hair length for the topknot.
What other hairstyles can you do with the hair length you have now? or do you just keep your hair as a topknot? all day long?
Also are you cutting your own hair, either scissors to trim the top or maybe using a hair clipper for the sides? or do you just let a hairdresser do it?

Your hair has grown long fast, how far down the face does it get? sorry for the questions but i was just saying on the other thread how i may just call off my plans to get a topknot. It's cool to se the hairstyles of the other guys in the forum cause it gets boring seeing topknots of those model dudes. You have renewed my topknot interest lol it'd be cool if you can answer some of the questions when you have a minute pls Smile

Other styles I do are usually various pompadours and slickbacks, either wavy or straightened when I feel like spending the time to do it lol. I'll try to post some more pics in the coming days. As for the cut, I've been letting the barber do it. I know I can do an undercut myself, but when it comes to a fade or taper I am just more comfortable having my barber cut it. Plus he is a friend of mine and I enjoy the barber shop experience so I don't mind paying for the cut. He usually uses the clippers. The most recent cut two days ago, I was going to have him do scissors over comb but I had to get to work and was running out of time, so I just had him use the clippers again. I really to try a scissor over comb cut to see the difference though. Thanks for your interest in my hair!
02-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Oh and regarding the length - when I extend my hair down the front of my face it reaches just past my lips.
02-28-2015, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 03:03 PM by Machado.)
(02-28-2015 02:46 PM)B2stMode Wrote:  Other styles I do are usually various pompadours and slickbacks, either wavy or straightened when I feel like spending the time to do it lol. I'll try to post some more pics in the coming days. As for the cut, I've been letting the barber do it. I know I can do an undercut myself, but when it comes to a fade or taper I am just more comfortable having my barber cut it. Plus he is a friend of mine and I enjoy the barber shop experience so I don't mind paying for the cut. He usually uses the clippers. The most recent cut two days ago, I was going to have him do scissors over comb but I had to get to work and was running out of time, so I just had him use the clippers again. I really to try a scissor over comb cut to see the difference though. Thanks for your interest in my hair!

awesome bro, yeah i also agree about the taper haircuts, it's better having a barber doing it.

That's what i thought about the topknot, it kinda limits you to the slicked hairstyles, you really just can't do any of the big volume hairstyles no more. I have a brush up hairstyle now which gets impossible to style up when it gets any longer than give or six inches. I can style it up but it's just so much hair spray chit i have to use lol
If your hair reaches your lips by now then you're growing it like a boss! are you planning to keep growing the top? the guys in the forum say that about ten inches of hair length is good for a man bun.
Big different btw on how you look between your starting pics and your current pics, you look way more hip and modern now!

Oops i missed the pompadour hairstyle. Could you post at some point a picture of your pompadour hairstyle? that's another hairstyle i'm interested and i'm wondering how you can style it with long hair like yours as i thought it was better to have the hair a little shorter than yours for styling a pompadour hairstyle.
03-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Your top knot looks really cool, I think it makes you look more modern and trendy. Congratulations, growing a top knot requires some patience to grow the hair long. I have some friends who were trying to grow their hair long to get a top knot but they gave up. At least 6 months are needed to get a top knot. Not everyone wants to wait all that time just for one hairstyle.

I see that you had some blond highlights in your starting pictures but you don't have the highlights in your last pictures. Why is this? Maybe the blonde highlights were temporary and not the permanent ones? Some time ago I had blonde highlights but mine were permanent, they were only gone when I buzzed my hair. I had to work in an office and everybody had serious haircuts, no trendy hairstyles were allowed. So the only option to remove the blonde highlights was to buzz all of my hair as a military haircut xDD
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Chronicling my long hair journey jaysen_ 6 1,109 12-28-2015 12:42 AM
Last Post: jaysen_
  Short hair to long Journey shahrukhch1 21 9,340 12-15-2015 03:56 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Long hair journey to growing a man bun! WesleyGarrett 5 1,800 09-18-2015 07:07 PM
Last Post: WesleyGarrett
  My Journey to Top-knot kle95 11 3,240 05-14-2015 10:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum