Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Kerastase Hair Products reviews?
11-26-2014, 09:41 AM
Any Kerastase Hair Products reviews?
Out of the many hair products I've tried, I still have to try these products. Does anyone have any Kerastase Hair products reviews? Hairstylists, barbers or any other forum member's reviews are welcome.

If in doubt, I'm talking of the Kerastase Paris hair products. They have a wide range of products that work for both women and men. My main interest is the premium price point their products have and the exclusive branding they seem to give to their products, similar to the big brands in the skin care industry. They have hairstyling products and hair care products, so I'm sure some product junkie in the forum will have used it! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2014, 12:59 PM
RE: Any Kerastase Hair Products reviews?
From my experience with these products, Kerastase Paris has some great haircare products. The Kerastase Paris philosophy is based on four values, which are "performance, expertise, personalization and beauty". It may sound too girl (which it goes Tongue) but their 'for men' line is also good.

The main goal of Kerastase Paris hair products is to enhance and bring out the natural beauty of the hair. Going by memory Kerastase Paris in fact won the 2007 award for having the best shampoo and conditioner for colour treated hair. This is one of the main luxury products used in salons and is used in a professional environment by professionals. Though regular consumers can use many of the products at home, there are several in-salon treatments that are truly luxury rituals (so basically only available at hair salons). Several of the in-salon rituals include Nourishing Rituals, Color Radiance Rituals, Reconstructing Rituals, Volumizing Ritual, and Age Resist Rituals.

Last I recall trying was the Kerastase Soleil products line which is designed to protect the hair from the sun's damaging ultra violet rays, as well as the damage from pool and ocean water. Kerastase Soleil is a three-step process where products are designed to protect, repair, and enhance the hair. The Kerastase Soleil has seven products of which two were favourites.

From the Kerastase Soleil products line, the shampoo called Bain Apres Soleil is an excellent product and leaves the hair feeling soft and silky. Kersatase Masque UV Defense Active, which is the after sun treatment which is used to replenish the hair. This is an excellent product for colour treated hair. The product is not cheap, so it really should be used only when needed. Though these are high-end products, they are excellent, and leave your hair with the feeling of a salon treatment.

Each of the Kerastase Paris products lines is designed for a specific hair type. The Kerastase Nutritive is formulated specifically for dry curly hair. This line offers ten products, which again are a three-step program of cleanse, treat and protect. Of the products used the two favourites were the Lumere Nutri Sculpt, which is a light intensive and shining film-cream, which is left in the hair. Kerastase Lumere Sculpt provides a light hold and makes the hair shiny. The other favourite product was the Kerastase Vinyl Nutri-Sculpt, which is a non-oily sculpting cream. The full size product comes in a little round jar containing approximately 75 millilitres.

The other three Kerastase Paris hair product lines are Reflection designed for colour-treated hair, Resistance designed for fine hair, that is weak, or aging hair that is starting to thin, and Kerastase Bain Oleo-Relax created for dry hair.

Overall Kerastase Paris hair products are really good. They are a little pricey but worth it particularly for the time in between salon visits. Their products are very useful for men who manipulate their hair a lot such as colouring it, heating it, straightening it and pulling it.
11-30-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: Any Kerastase Hair Products reviews?
Thanks Elena for that review of Kerastase hair products! Going by what you wrote they seem to put a good and prmeium emphasis on hair care over hair styling as well as restoring. I think I am going to have a go with one or two as part of my guinea pig testing for men's hair products! Big Grin

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 1 168 Yesterday 03:51 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 132 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  If you could solve one problem with male hair products what would it be and why? TotalHairNoob 0 167 08-08-2016 07:40 AM
Last Post: TotalHairNoob
  What styling hair products Jax Teller uses (Charlie Hunnam)? SAMCRO 11 35,703 07-19-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: beardlover