Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andis Phat Master hair trimmer opinions vs Fade Master clipper
01-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Andis Phat Master hair trimmer opinions vs Fade Master clipper
I've got a question for the hair trimmer experts, have any of you heard of the Andis Phat Master hair clipper? It is supposed to be more of a hair trimmer and fade clipper, a cheaper version to the Andis Fade Master hair clipper. Well that's what my friend says as he wants to buy a specific hair clipper for fade haircuts.

I've told him that the big cordless clipper from Andis is more than enough that he's convinced himself of needing a fading hair trimmer of some sort.

Anyone have any opinions of the Andis Phat Master hair clipper?

Thank you for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2017, 06:12 PM
RE: Andis Phat Master hair trimmer opinions vs Fade Master clipper
As I've said before, Andis makes some tough high-quality hair clippers. You've already got enough with the cordless BGR+ clipper from Andis (I take it that you're talking about the Andis hair clipper in this thread - this is one of the best hair clippers all around that can be purchased)

Here's the Andis Phat Master hair clipper reviewed:

These clippers are slick. I was immediately surprised at how fast the clippers moved- they have the motor in this thing cranked up for some serious cutting power. The action of the adjustment lever was smooth and precise. The housing of the clipper is coated in a non-slip rubber material for better fit in the hand while cutting. I thought that was a nice touch. Overall, it didn’t feel quite as sturdy as the Oster Fast Feeds and definitely not as sturdy as the Model 76.

On my head, this clipper can hang with the bunch, though. It fades clean and reliably. The only con we found with this clipper is that you cannot use plastic attachment guards on it. It is designed only for fading and blending, not cutting your top hair or blowing out the sides up toward the top hair. When I first started out cutting hair, I would use a cheap set of department store bought clippers with guards to do my top hair and relied on a quality clipper for fading.

For about $25 you can pick up a decent set of clippers to do your top hair. They will bind and break after a few months, but it should get you started until you can get a better set. Reviewed for its hair-fading ability, this hair clipper does a pretty good job for its price and value offered!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which trimmer is better? blair99 2 491 11-01-2017 10:12 AM
Last Post: ceyyto
Question Wahl Clipper 5537n- ID for screw jaw52284 0 330 01-26-2017 08:00 AM
Last Post: jaw52284
  Review of Wahl 9937 Lithium Ion Triple Play Shaver/Trimmer/Detailer A London Barber 0 567 10-26-2016 03:50 PM
Last Post: A London Barber
  using 0.1mm hair clipper / beard trimmer for facial hair shmizan 0 1,106 10-15-2016 09:11 AM
Last Post: shmizan