Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andis Fade Master hair clipper review with fade blade
01-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Andis Fade Master hair clipper review with fade blade
My friend and I want to buy a good hair clipper. We want to learn how to do fade haircuts so that he fades my hair and I fade his hair. I've read in the forum that not all hair clipper are created equal and there's a really good thread in the forum about hair clippers that convinced me that I should be buying a hair clipper.

I've made my mind up and I'm going to be getting the cordless Andis hair clipper. My friend wants to also buy a hair clipper from Andis that's for fading hair. It's called the Fade Master from Andis. I'm not so sure why he'd want to buy that since I'm already getting the cordless hair clipper from Andis. It's his money so whatever. I'm curious to know though if there are any forum reviews of the Andis Fade Master hair clipper. It's the one with the fade blade too as I think that there are two types of fade clippers from Andis.

Am I good to go with my cordless Andis clipper for my haircutting intentions? I don't want to be just getting fade haircuts and I want to be able to get lots of medium haircuts, especially after reading through the many haircut guides in the forum! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2017, 06:04 PM
RE: Andis Fade Master hair clipper review with fade blade
Anything by Andis is great, at the hair salon we use Andis hair clippers along with Oster hair clippers. You cannot go wrong with anything from Andis, although I'd go with the cordless clipper you're going to buy if money is an objection and you can't be putting more money on hair clippers.

The Andis Fade Master hair clipper reviewed along with the Phat Master hair clipper you asked in your other thread (here):

The Andis Fade Master looks like it was sent back through time to change the future of fade haircuts. This thing is mirror-finished aluminum with cool rounded lines and an authoritative fit in the hand. While this is not the first clipper I reach for in my kit, it is always a pleasure to use it. The cutting action and power is almost identical to the Phat Master though the feel in the hand is noticeably different. That is due to the all metal housing of the Fade Master.

After about 20 minutes of use I found these clippers to get pretty hot. Not so hot that I couldn’t hold it, but hot enough that I have to keep it moving against my head to prevent discomfort. The Oster models do not get nearly as hot, even past the 20 minute mark. Aside from that minor issue, these clippers do a great job fading.

This kit does not come with plastic guards, but they are available from Andis if you want to use them as your one stop shop for fading. I never bought them because I use a separate clipper and guards just for cutting my top hair. The Andis Fade Master is our 4th pick of the bunch not because it is a lousy clipper, but because the Osters are so stellar. If you do decide to go with the Fade Master, you will not be disappointed. This is a very capable unit!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Oster 76 hair clipper voltage Reynaldo2007 2 255 07-17-2017 05:25 AM
Last Post: Robert.Brown
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 3,269 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
Sad need help from a wireless wahl clipper owner tomer012 0 425 04-26-2016 06:45 AM
Last Post: tomer012
  Blackship water based pomade by Flagship review Charms434 0 1,464 11-16-2015 01:34 PM
Last Post: Charms434