Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic!
03-31-2015, 10:28 AM
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic!
So after posting my Oster 76 hair clipper review, I now wanted to post my Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review. For anyone who isn't aware of this cordless hair clipper, this is the cordless sister clipper to the classic Andis BGRC clipper, so the BGR Plus is the Andis BGRC cordless.

I have seen that the Andis BGR Plus cordless hair clipper is recommended in this forum a lot. I do surely side with the opinions on this forum as the Andis BGR Plus is possible the best cordless hair clipper. I have experience with other cordless hair clippers from Wahl and the usual brands, so I got to benchmark my Andis BGR Plus with other clippers that I had.

How it looks:

Before I continue with my review of the Andis BGR Plus hair clipper, here's a picture of how it looks:

[Image: kgRe2ei.jpg]

I happen to be a huge fan of hair clippers. I grew up in a military background as my father serves in the military. One of my brothers is a Marine so you can see how I would grow to love hair clippers as I have gotten military haircuts for just about all my life. I cut my own hair for the most part so I have been collecting hair clippers through the years with my two brothers.

How powerful is it and what about overheating?

What makes the Andis BGR Plus so special? Its ability to last a huge amount of time buzzing hair without a rest and without overheating too much. Overheating can be a big issue with many hair clippers and it makes cordless hair clippers lose a lot of battery energy which just means that your battery power lasts less than what comes stated from the factory.

None of the above happen with the Andis BGR Plus cordless clipper. It goes on buzzing hair for over an hour without a break and it won't overheat. What this means is that the Andis BGR Plus keeps all its battery power without wasting it like many other overheating clippers, and this essentially means that the Andis BGR Plus has plenty of power to buzz through all kinds of hair types.

I have thick curly hair. It grows into an afro although I have never had it long. However just with one inch of length my afro will make my head overheat in summer if I'm outdoors. That's how heavy and thick my hair is!!

I have had cordless hair clippers in the past fail on me and die midway through the haircut. Nothing more annoying that having to recharge the hair clipper while having half of your hair cut lol

I'm a fan of complete buzz cuts which means that I have to buzz all my head. Even with over one inch of hair length in my afro, the Andis BGR Plus will buzz through all my curls like a hot knife cuts through butter. I've had my Andis BGR Plus for over a year and I was amazed at how it buzzed my hair so easily compared to say the Conair rechargeable clipper I was using before I bought my Andis BGR Plus or compared to one of the Wahl cordless hair clippers that belonged to one of my brothers and which I would use at the time too. My Andis BGR Plus blew them out of the water in all the specs that are required of a top end clipper.

Extra accessories included with the Andis BGR Plus cordless clipper:

Another great thing of the Andis BGR Plus -- aside from how powerful it is cutting any kind of hair type or thick hair -- is that the clipper comes with all that you need for an epic haircut. The Andis BGR Plus comes in a hard plastic case to protect it when traveling or when storing it, this is a nice detail from Andis and one that all who own the hair clipper appreciate.

This is what comes with the Andis BGR Plus:
  • Hair clipper itself with its rechargeable battery.
  • Charging station where you plug the battery so as to charge it.
  • Hard plastic case that is labeled as heavy duty and which protects the hair clipper and the accessories I'm listing.
  • Hair clipper oil. The amount of clipper oil that comes with the clipper is 4 ounces.
  • A #000 blade for extra short haircuts that looks like you've shaved the hair. This is great for sideburns, the hairline of the neck, squaring the hairline of the forehead, face haircuts and more.
  • 7 guiding combs for lots of different haircut lengths that you can choose.
The only thing that seems to be missing unless it came with the hair clipper and I lost it -- which could be possible as my brother use it a couple of times before I got to use it -- is a cleaning brush. However this isn't a problem at all as a regular toothbrush will do fine to clean the hairs in the teeth of the clipper. Just don't use a very beat-up toothbrush and you'll clean the clipper in seconds.

Guiding combs are included with the hair clipper!

As you can see from the list the Andis BGR Plus is quite a complete hair clipper. One thing I do also appreciate is that it coms with guiding combs already. If you don't know what they are, guiding combs are what barbers or even you will refer to when getting a haircut with a hair clipper. A guiding comb will be a one, two, three and more numbers which indicate how short the hair will be cut. This is all in the instructions so you will get all the information right out of the hair clipper as soon as you open it.

When I reviewed the Oster 76 classic hair clipper, one of the things that I mentioned that I missed was the guiding combs as you have to buy them separately for the Oster 76 classic clipper. I personally think that having guiding combs for extra haircut lengths is super important to those of us who aren't barbers.

The great news with the Andis BGR Plus cordless hair clipper is that it comes with the 7 guiding combs so that you don't have to worry about buying the guiding combs separately. This is an extra point in its favor.

Ease of use of the hair clipper:

The handling of the Andis BGR Plus is very easy, easier than the Oster 76 and easier than most cordless hair clipper. Considering how powerful the Andis BGR Plus is, it's impressive how you can keep it under control with ease and how you can use it for making your haircut super detailed.

I'm not the only one who enjoys this hair clipper so much, there is another review thread in the forum with one of the moderators also sharing his enthusiasm for the Andis BGR Plus clipper. Here:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...ble-REVIEW

Price:

The only real disadvantage that I can think of is the price of the BGR Plus. It isn't cheap but no top end clipper is cheap. The Andis BGR Plus is among the most expensive hair clippers that I've seen and that you will find.

If you want a cheap cordless hair clipper, be prepared to buy a new one in a couple of months time or be prepared to put up with a rats battery that runs out of power after 10 minutes. You will have to rush your haircut so that the battery doesn't die on you or you will have to go to the barbershop to finish your haircut and on the way buy a new cordless clipper.

For the price of the Andis BGR Plus, I've never experienced in the year that I've used it a single issue. I've only added some more clipper oil but that's it and I still have a lot of oil left. After over a year of use, my Andis BGR Plus continues to buzz for over an hour as powerful as the first time and is also as new as the first time. No crazy overheating at all, no uneven haircuts like you get with cheaper clippers and no long waits to get the battery charged up as you also have to suffer through with cheap clippers.

Cliff notes for the Andis BGR Plus clipper:

So as a form of summarizing this all, here are my cliff notes for my review of the Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper.
  • Very powerful clipper that buzzes through the thickest curly hair that you can test it against.
  • Comes with everything need for epic haircuts right out of the box.
  • Very easy to use. After your first haircut you will have mastered its groove and use.
  • Lasts over an hour with no breaks and while maintaining its high power. This is great if you want to give your friends haircuts or if you want to be very detailed with your haircut.
  • Extremely durable. I've been using it for more than a year without a single complaint.
  • A high price, but you're paying for the best quality, the best haircuts and the most convenience.
  • Trusted brand. Andis along with Oster are the best hair clipper companies in the world.
    For my money I highly recommend the Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper. I put it up the among the iconic hair clippers that have been so far available and you just will not go wrong with the Andis BGR Plus.
Questions?

I can answer any questions that any of you may have if you want! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 07:33 AM
A very useful review of the Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable hair clipper!
I've just gone through your other Oster 76 hair clipper review and I can only thank you for posting these two very-detailed reviews on hair clippers!

The fact that you have your military background and, by proxy, such an extensive experience with hair clippers makes your reviews extremely interesting for those of us who appreciate the art of self-cutting one's hair.

Most cordless hair clippers tend to be problematic due to the battery they have. This is especially so with the uneven power output of the clipper which you mention in your review. When I want to buy a hair clipper (although I also have a few too many!), on of the things that I look at to immediately see if it's a good hair clipper if it will provide a continuous even output of power for as long as the battery lasts.

The Andis BGR+ excels at providing a powerful clipping experience with an even power output all throughout its lasting time. I too have found that the battery goes on for over one hour when charged, and you can easily get in 3 or 4 haircuts (e.g. Undercut haircuts) before having to recharge the hair clipper again. This is priceless and one of the high-quality attributes of the clipper that make it so much worth its price.

I also like the fact that the Andis BGR+ hair clipper comes with the complete kit, which is something you too have mentioned. This is another good thing of the Andis BGR+ as all you need to do is order the clipper itself, no buying extra accessories, and with the hair clipper product itself you have everything (and more) for great haircuts!

Here are 2 pictures of the actual complete kit that comes with the Andis BGR Plus hair clipper. Continue reading below the pictures too as this post continues below.

[Image: 9EkdUd2.jpg]

[Image: ZrzkCyp.jpg]

While the price is indeed not cheap, one needs to take into account that the Andis BGR+ also includes all the accessories that you mention as well as its heavy-duty hard case. This goes great for storing the hair clipper safely and avoiding any corrosion that may occur from leaving it sans the heavy-duty case.

I too give the Andis BGR+ a big thumbs up and consider this hair clipper as one of the top cordless hair clippers for men. Without a doubt, if the price of the Andis BGR+ is within your budget, then get the clipper and get ready to experience smooth, detailed and fast haircuts that you'll be giving yourself! Smile

Lastly, we do indeed recommended the Andis BGR+ as one of the best cordless hair clippers in our recommended hair clippers thread which lists the top hair clippers for all budgets. That thread is worth the read if you're a hair clipper enthusiast like many of us are.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-14-2016, 05:22 PM
RE: Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic!
Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of research on the different clippers. There's nothing wrong with my Wahl clippers, except the cheap plastic guides can be improved on a lot. They have paid for themselves many times over, so I can justify getting something nicer. The problem I have is that it is tough to get the really nice clippers in the UK. I have a step down transformer, but other posts I've seen say that stepping down the voltage isn't enough, I actually need to change the frequency too, otherwise the motor won't run the way it should (and apparently this has caused clippers to burn out as well). The reason I'm posting this here, is because the BGR+ is on my shortlist, and because they are cordless, Im thinking I won't have to worry about the frequency, it will just cause the battery to be charged a bit slower (which I can totaly live with). I'm wondering if you guys have any thoughts on this? Thanks!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Sad need help from a wireless wahl clipper owner tomer012 0 187 04-26-2016 06:45 AM
Last Post: tomer012
  Blackship water based pomade by Flagship review Charms434 0 965 11-16-2015 01:34 PM
Last Post: Charms434
  Teddy Boy Original Water Based Pomade - Product Review Charms434 0 630 11-16-2015 10:49 AM
Last Post: Charms434
  By Vilain hair wax, Dynamite Clay and Gold Digger review? plate870 0 963 10-06-2015 06:34 PM
Last Post: plate870