Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Crew vs. Paul Mitchell Mitch for Men
07-23-2015, 05:39 AM
American Crew vs. Paul Mitchell Mitch for Men
I'm looking for a single go-to hair product that's versatile and that I'm able to use for textured, "bed-head" type looks as well as more classic, professional looks (like a soft side-part). I'm wondering what you've all found to be best for a product like this. Specifically, I'm wondering which would be best between American Crew (Fiber and Forming Cream) and Mitch for Men (Reformer and Clean Cut) products, but I'm definitely open to other suggestions as well. However, I'd like to keep it in the price range (or lower) of the products I just mentioned.

I don't necessarily care if it's a matte or semi-matte product, but I'd like something that makes my hair look healthy (not dry) and something that doesn't feel heavy or greasy in my hair, as I'm often outside in the heat and I run quite a bit. My hair is pretty short, thick, and wavy, and I don't often grow it much longer than 2-3 inches. I'd appreciate hearing your opinions. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: American Crew vs. Mitch for Men
I've never tried Mitch for Men but I have tried some of American Crew's products. I've tried their famous Fiber and I actually didn't like it. It has a low-medium hold and you can definitely feel that there's something in your hair. I haven't tried their forming cream either but as far as I know it's meant to be very light so don't expect a lot of hold from it, especially from short thick hair. Use it if you ever grow your hair out and want something light.

What I would recommend is this TIGI wax which is actually also in our recomended products thread. It's been my wax of choice for over a year now and I have no complaints. It has a high hold which lasts all day, is very matte, can be restyled throughout the day, and is relatively cheap. It should be perfect for the bed head hair style you were talking about, it actually has the word bed head in the product name haha. But I've also used it for cleaner hairstyles such as side parts. The only possible downside is that you wanted something you can't feel in your hair, and you can definitely feel that there's product in your hair with this wax, but it's not crunchy or greasy.

That would be my recommendation, but I would browse through the thread I linked and the product review section of this forum and read up on some of the other waxes some of the users here have tried.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Down A less shiny American Grooming Cream alternative cable 0 426 11-30-2015 06:49 PM
Last Post: cable
  American Crew vs Mane N Tail shampoo and conditioner for men Parrvs 0 438 09-05-2015 07:58 AM
Last Post: Parrvs
  Paul Mitchell tea tree pomade for wavy hair? overlyinterestedguy 1 559 08-12-2015 10:38 AM
Last Post: Panther
  Shampoo and conditioner that tingles like Paul Mitchell Tea Tree products i3oosted 0 637 07-15-2015 08:39 PM
Last Post: i3oosted