Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Crew forming cream review and how to use
11-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Star American Crew forming cream review and how to use
I would like to post an American Crew forming cream review. In the review, I will post details which include how to use forming cream. Also the scent will be described as well as the appearance and lasting effect.

There have been other threads in the forum talking about the American Crew products. For example there is a very interesting discussion about American Crew Pomade or American Crew fiber which you can read later for more hairstyling products that you can get other than the forming cream in this review.

The American Crew Promise:

According to the jug, using American Crew Forming Cream will allow you to manipulate and style your hair, while leaving is pliable. The forming cream will also style hair and leave a matte finish behind, not a fake over shiny gel look like other products. More or less your hair will be left looking natural, not artificial-looking or over-styled.

Appearance:

American Crew Forming Cream comes in a large jug, with a decent size to it allowing for your hands to scoop some of the cream to use for styling. The jug itself is brown, and sort of bland looking. But hey, its a dude's product, adding pink to the product just wouldn't fly.

Scent:

The cream inside smells nice. It's a musky scent which in my opinion is a little too feminine to be calling a men's hair styling product. It smells like powder and must. Not hardcore masculine but then most mens hair products smell funky or not very masculine. So this isn't much of an issue if any.

Use:

I scooped out some of the white cream, which actually felt like a sticky melted marshmallow type of cream. It was really gross feeling, and it was a bit awkward as I spread it through my hair to style it.

At the time, my hair was dry. You can also use on damp hair the American Crew Forming Cream.

As I rubbed the sticky cream through my hair, I was able to manipulate it into many different styles as it dried. At one point I slicked my hair back for a bit of a mobster look LOL After slicking my hair back, I then worked it into a side swept hairstyle. Next I spiked as much as I could my waves. I was able to style my hair in so many different ways, and with each different look, the American Crew Forming Cream seemed to hold that look without any issue.

Lasting effect:

The American Crew Forming Cream lasted all night long, the one issue with the cream I had though was the fact that it did not dry. It left my hair feeling sticky the entire time that it was in my hair, up until I showered it out.

Overall:

If you can get past the sticky feeling, and the fact that it does not dry, then American Crew Forming Cream is indeed a good buy. It manipulates hair to any style you could imagine, and it stays put. Plus it leaves behind a nice musk scent that will stay with you.

I find this forming cream to be similar to the molding waxes which allow you to re-style your hair without having to wet it and which keep the hair slick and sticky as if you had wetted the hair and styled. So yeah it's a good product this American Crew Forming cream.

Pricing and Availability:

You can find a jug of American Crew Forming cream at any local Target or Walmart. The best place to buy this product though is Amazon as always, since Amazon is the best place to buy mens hair products. If mods know a good Amazon seller to buy the forming cream from, then please post it Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 08:29 AM
RE: American Crew forming cream review and how to use
Good stuff i had seen in the forum some other reviews of American crew products. They were not very good lol would you say that we can then use the American crew forming cream for curly hair?
04-02-2015, 04:54 AM
Would the American Crew forming cream be good for thick straight hair? I read that you used it for your wavy hair so I'm curious to know if this forming cream would work just as well as it did with you on straight hair.

I mention that my hair is thick because so a lot of products don't seem to help with styling my hair because of how thick my hair is. My hair wants to go up like a brush when it's short and that's more or less the current length I have and I would like to grow it a couple of inches longer.
04-05-2015, 10:23 AM
(11-12-2014 08:29 AM)Robert Wrote:  Good stuff i had seen in the forum some other reviews of American crew products. They were not very good lol would you say that we can then use the American crew forming cream for curly hair?

Yes that American Crew cream will be fine with curly hair. I would still check out the styling cream for curly hair in this curly hair products thread.

With the reviewed American Crew forming creme you will be shaping a hairstyle. With curly hair or at least with the really curly hair that you have, it's not a good idea to shape a hairstyle with any length higher than an inch or two centimetres. Instead the best idea with curly hair is to shape the curls - not the hairstyle - so you use a moisturising cream like the one recommended in that thread in the link about curly hair products for men. That styling cream recommended in the thread will make the shape of your curls stand out more and look more define and softer.

(04-02-2015 04:54 AM)US Asian Wrote:  Would the American Crew forming cream be good for thick straight hair? I read that you used it for your wavy hair so I'm curious to know if this forming cream would work just as well as it did with you on straight hair.

I mention that my hair is thick because so a lot of products don't seem to help with styling my hair because of how thick my hair is. My hair wants to go up like a brush when it's short and that's more or less the current length I have and I would like to grow it a couple of inches longer.

The American Crew creme in the review - forming cream - is more for shaping the hair up. What you seem to want is to shape the hair a little bit down instead of the brushed up shape that is so common with thick straight hair.

In your case I would either go with a good pomade or with a strong hold wax. Read this Suavecito vs Layrite pomades thread to compare two of the most popular hair pomades that will do you a lot of good and will fit the bill for your hairstyle goal.

Go thru this hair waxes thread for lots of information on styling waxes for thick straight hair like yours. You will want a strong styling wax for your thick hair and we have discussed in that thread in the link some of the best possibilities that you have.

You can still go with the American Crew forming crew. But just be aware that the product is more for styling the hair up and with some volume which is the opposite of what you seem to want to do.

Cheers! Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Styling cream DaHansan 0 252 08-14-2016 04:53 AM
Last Post: DaHansan
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,072 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Scalp Cream AndersonB 1 420 12-17-2015 09:23 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
Thumbs Down A less shiny American Grooming Cream alternative cable 0 482 11-30-2015 06:49 PM
Last Post: cable