Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I losing it for good?
10-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Am I losing it for good?
So 6 months ago I decided to cut back on using shampoo because of acne. I didn't shampoo my hair for 3 months and then after awhile I started to use shampoo again but only twice a week. I've always had thick hair before this but over the last two months my hair has thinned out to the point where I can see a ton of my scalp out of the shower. Also my hairline has pushed back some.

I'm only a 21 year old male, whose father is the only bald person in our family.

Am I going bald or do you think my idiotic decision to stop using shampoo has messed up my hair?

If so will it come back?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Am I losing it for good?
(10-19-2015 12:43 PM)Hotpicket94 Wrote:  So 6 months ago I decided to cut back on using shampoo because of acne. I didn't shampoo my hair for 3 months and then after awhile I started to use shampoo again but only twice a week. I've always had thick hair before this but over the last two months my hair has thinned out to the point where I can see a ton of my scalp out of the shower. Also my hairline has pushed back some.

I'm only a 21 year old male, whose father is the only bald person in our family.

Am I going bald or do you think my idiotic decision to stop using shampoo has messed up my hair?

If so will it come back?

It seems like too much of a coincidence that you would begin suffering from hereditary Male Pattern Baldness right at the same time as deciding not to shampoo for so long, especially being so young making it even less likely.

It seems like your hair loss is connected to not shampooing for so long. I don't know the science behind it, but it just seems like cause and effect (especially at your age).

Also, you are clearly anxious about it and that is probably making you think your hairline is further back than usual.
12-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Getting bold at 21 looks quite odd for me. I'd say You hair needs more general treatment rather than hair-loss prevention.
01-05-2016, 02:30 AM
Did you ever try any medications to reduce hair fall? Which shampoo are you using? Hair fall can occur due to several reasons like usage of medicines which have side effects, the excessive styling of hair, malnutrition, hereditary, skin conditions of the scalp, lupus issue, etc. Treatments should be decided only after considering the cause of hair fall. Try to use chemical-free hair products. Drink plenty of water, get a good sleep and avoid stress. You can also get expert advice or can consider hair loss surgery for best results. My hair fall was hereditary and had a hair loss surgery with the help of an expert in Seager medical group in Toronto. Now, the condition is improved. All the best for you.
01-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Hey there,
I had a similar issue in the past and I think it had to do with the shampoo I was using. What shampoo are you using, and like a few other people have asked, did you switch up any medication, diet, etc...
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  19 y/o losing hair quickly, genes or stress? Nico5050 0 113 11-15-2016 11:50 PM
Last Post: Nico5050
  Non-male pattern balding? Losing hair but unsure about reason AntonD 4 414 10-18-2016 06:28 PM
Last Post: AntonD
  Is a hair transplant good for balding men and male pattern baldness? Edmond123 0 501 01-04-2016 04:36 AM
Last Post: Edmond123
  19 yo with widows peak and ponytail style, am I losing hair? Jormaxx 0 708 09-26-2015 05:15 AM
Last Post: Jormaxx