Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All about Wax
11-17-2014, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 03:16 PM by AD120790.)
All about Wax
Hi all. After around a year of growing my forelock out, I think I'm finally at a decent enough length for the iconic Beckham Mens Health quiff of 2012. The wax I'm currently using is the Tigi Bedhead Workable wax, which I know is highly recommended on this forum, but for some reason I am just not getting that much advertised "firm hold" from this product. I don't know whether it is because my hair is thick and it's a super-hard wax to spread (literally and figuratively), or because I'm using too much. Or even the fact that I am straightening my hair to get the smooth beckham curve. But this wax just isn't cutting it for me over the course of a day.

Don't get me wrong, it starts well by shaping and texturising fantastically, but after about an hour the hold just isn't there, my hair just goes soft and a "fluffy" kind of texture. I know that ideally for the beckham quiff in question (he has so many variations), movement is a good thing to keep it looking more modern, but I just cannot seem to get the right side of that line with the tigi wax, the hold should be a lot more considering its reputation.

For reference, my forelock is just passing the bottom of my nose at the longest part. And I have in the past used Hairbond Moulder (which made my hair far too thick-looking). I have considered Hanz De Fuko Sponge Wax, but after reading some non-too-favourable reviews on this forum in the past I am hesitant to spend that kind of money on it just yet. Any insight is appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------