Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed for wavy frizzy hair and what hairstyle products to use
03-26-2015, 05:02 PM
Advice needed for wavy frizzy hair and what hairstyle products to use
Hi guys, it's years I've been struggling with my hair. But this forum is wonderful, so I'll give it a try. First, photos:

[Image: vlasy_1.jpg]

The biggest problem I cannot solve is the frizz on the front. I've already reduced the shampooing to once/twice a week, I haven't ironing for years and although I use the blow-dryer almost every morning, I keep it short (2mins max) and relatively cold (sometimes just non-hot air). I don't suffer from split ends, I don't think I ever see one on myself but every hair on front of the head just has to grow on its own :D Hair on the sides or back are wavy or even flat sometimes.

I like my haircut to be medium length. First, I like hair :) and second, I'm quite tall and that gives me the right proportions.

At the moment I use John Frieda Frizz Easy collection. The "Miraculous Recovery" does nothing, the Serum is a bit better but still not a solution. After washing my hair I use Moroccan argan oil which makes hair a bit oilier but not healthier (as long as my observation goes). To style my hair I use cheep but relatively ok Schwarzkopf Got2b Matt Paste.

- Do you have different type (curly/frizz/wavy) of hair on different part of head like me? How do you style it?
- How do you fight frizz?
- What do you recommend to solve my issue?

Another topic is a haircut. I would like shorter sides and longer top. I've tried undercut and it was pretty bad because my face is kind of oval and there was too little space for top on its top :D see pic bellow

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3c6kq333wvosbdg/vlasy_2.jpg

- What kind of haircut would you recommend for my combination of face and hair?

Thank you guys for any advice/opinion ;)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2015, 09:32 AM
You need the right anti frizz hair products for your wavy mane!
Welcome!

The first thing that you need to do to fight frizz is to use a good hair conditioner. Curly hair and conditioners go together like bread and butter, and your first step would be to get a good conditioner for your curls.

You mention that you have decrease your shampooing frequency, so that's a good thing. What you need to do is to use a conditioner on your hair after the shampoo. It's pretty simple, just leave the conditioner on your hair for 2 minutes as you continue showering, then wash away the conditioner.

As for what hair product to use to style your wavy hair, I would recommend a hairstyling cream. A hairstyling cream will add even more anti-frizz benefits to your wavy hair and leave you with smooth and glossy waves.

You can also get a good leave-in conditioner. A leave in conditioner will also provide more anti-frizz benefits while giving you the extra benefits of the hairstyling cream too. The leave-in conditioner is used for styling your hair, just like you'd use the hairstyling cream for.

What I would do is buy both the hairstyling cream and leave-in conditioner so that then you have a great range of hairstyles to choose from. Use the hairstyling cream on the days that you need more hold for your wavy hair, such as if you want to have a slicked back hairstyle for your wavy hair, or you want to side part your hair.

You'd use the leave-in conditioner on those days that you prefer a more casual or informal hairstyle. Likewise, you can use the leave-in conditioner for days in which you just want to rock your waves loose and without holding them.

Since you're in Europe, I'll suggest some places in the links where you can get some of the best hair products possible at great prices (I will also suggest where to get the hair products from the USA in case you're also interested). If you'd rather get the products from the USA or for anyone else with the same frizz problem wanting to get the products at a great price from the USA, here are the recommended places to get them. All in all, you can get a great affordable arsenal of hair products for your wavy hair (i.e. conditioner, leave-in conditioner and hairstyling cream) that will keep your waves smooth, glossy and with body and fullness. Without a doubt, those are the hair products that you want specifically for your type of hair (i.e. wavy) and the products also go great for curly hair.

With regards to what haircut to get, I am not surprised that the Undercut didn't play very well with your hair as wavy hair on an oval face and an Undercut don't mix well. What I would suggest is to get a short taper haircut, whereby your hair decreases in length rapidly on the sides, with the lower sides of your head (as well as the lower side of the back) are cut (i.e. buzzed) with a hair clipper only.

Hairdressers, barbers and hairstylists are trained to perform good taper haircuts, so your chosen hairdresser or barber should be able to understand what you need done by telling him or her tat you want a taper haircut.

By all means, feel free to update us with your new hair products and new haircut if you wish to proceed (consider opening a new thread in our Blogging section). I would start by first ordering the hair products as soon as possible so that you can have them in only a couple of days while you go to the barber tomorrow or in the next coming days. By next Friday you could look very different and for the better! Smile

P.S. I have also upgraded your account so that you can post pictures whenever your want.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-07-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: Advice needed for wavy frizzy hair and what hairstyle products to use
first of all, thank you for your advice!

maybe I could get one more? Smile what do you think is better for me:

MOROCCANOIL Hydrating Styling Cream
or
MOROCCANOIL Curl Defining Cream

perhaps I would like a bit more hold to eliminate frizz.

I cannot buy the leave-in you recommended in my country, what other brands for conditioners / leave-in conditioners would you recommend?

thanks!
04-19-2015, 04:49 AM
#update after a haircut Smile

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ey6k1d5nowgy8...3.jpg?dl=0
04-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Hair looking absolutely great! Smile

Proud of you mate as having curly hair can be a pain to deal with and you've done superb. I really hope other curly guys can take inspiration from your thread and attitude as many curly men are in the situation where they're giving up on their curls or about to. If they can see examples like yours then we can help them change their minds and get them doing great with their curly hair like you've just done.

Cheers and congrats!
04-19-2015, 02:28 PM
I forgot to say...
Sorry I missed your question about the Moroccanoil, you can get either of them are both are really helpful. But give the curl defining cream a try first simply because it's a product specific to curly hair by the hydrating styling cream is really good for curly hair. A lot of our customers use it for their curly hair.

About leave in conditioners for men, go read thru this post recommending leave in conditioners as it has a great range of different leave i conditioners that will be for you depending on your budget and hair needs. Each listed leave in conditioner is specific to a price range and need plus it is recommended by one of the biggest mods in the forum. We've had experiences with all listed leave in conditioners and I can also recommend them.

If you have any more hair products questions then I'll try to answer them too.

Cheers!
01-23-2016, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2016 06:52 AM by jmkill17.)
hello sir. hmm will you pls. help me ,.

before, when I was a born until I turn to 7yrs old. my hair is naturally straight, smooth and long, but then that time I always use gel like almost every time, so then when I was like in grade 2, my hair got even curlier but I didn't care I still use gel then now I'm in college and my hair is curly though., some people says that I just need to bald my hair so that if it grows back it will turn straight I almost try to bald my hair but I just cut my hair into bald fade so it is almost really bald then when it grows its still curly. hmm do you have any opinion on how to make it straight sir? thank u again oh, BDW I am new here Smile pls tc of me
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How can I get rid of frizzy hair? Tips and products to use MFP73 5 1,212 10-18-2016 02:12 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 13,978 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  How long to grow medium afro hairstyle for wavy hair? R.mendez099 1 444 07-30-2016 01:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyboiJ21
  Help for growing out wavy voluminous hair! M.R88 0 295 07-21-2016 03:26 AM
Last Post: M.R88